Of course ATT will not release a defective phone. ATT is the largest carrier in the world. Even a 1% RMA rate will hurt their brand image and their profits.
    10-19-11 07:10 PM
    good point.
    10-19-11 07:43 PM
    Nice job by T-Mobile to get a 9900 replacement here within two days. Restored all of the info an now my fingers are crossed that it won't brick.

Not that positive since phone was built in Mexico...as were my last two bricks. I am not a huge fan of Mexican-made products. My previous VW was a junkheap. I never had trouble with any other Blackberry's so two bricked 9900's doesn't bode well.
    10-19-11 10:02 PM
    Excellent quality control??? Tell that to the thousands of 9780 users who went through multiple phones because of the shoddy, defective, double-inputting keyboards on the phones coming from the MEXICO plant....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-573434/

You can find similar threads on RIM's forums and any other Blackberry associated sites.... My account was banned on RIM's forums because apparently I complained too much about their lack of even addressing the issue.... A T-Mobile employee eventually posted on that thread I linked you to above, stating that RIM send out a Service Bulletin to T-Mobile indicating any phones manufactured before 3/1/11, could exhibit the keyboard defects, of which there is no known fix for.... IIRC, the 9780 came out in November of 2010... Took them 5 months of manufacturing and shipping 9780's with shoddy keyboards before they were able to address the matter? That's crappy quality control. Most of us realized our phones were double inputting from the get-go.... Either they have idiots testing their phones or they knew about the issue and it was not cost-effective to do right by their Customers by yanking the phones out of production and manufacturing ones that do not exhibit the defect.

Didn't RIM also have a free trackball replacement program through various carriers that sell their phones? Would seem to me if they had excellent quality control, the trackballs would not need to be replaced on their phones because the problems would not surface....

I can't think of a single product line in which the quality control would not suffer when you shift production to a country like MEXICO.... Maybe sombreros.

Must be happening only over that side of the pond. Have gone through countless berries here, from 7105 to now the 9900.

Not a single damage. Amazed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 10:06 PM
    I think it might have something to do with where they're built, perhaps Bell gets all of their 9900s from a Canadian plant? I know my dead phone, loaner phone and my new phone were all made in Mexico 4. So we'll see if this one makes it past the 45 day mark, but if not I guess I'll be doing another return.

These failures aren't figments of peoples imaginations, I think it's a weak point in the manufacturing process that some plants might have their tolerances set a little tighter. It's not too crazy to think that a lot of heat generated by charging current could pop a weak solder joint loose on a BGA. Granted it's not the same heat level, but Xbox 360 owners know about these failures all too well... There is still quite a bit of heat generated by the innards of this phone, and it could even come down to the quality of the solder being used during the balling process at the plants. That's something that would create a bad batch of phones, but not every single one would have that problem.

Maybe we should start swapping PINs from our sent back devices? Those relate loosely to how close together on the manufacturing line they were.
    10-19-11 10:33 PM
    I agree that At&t is big and won't release a defect phone but, I think that it's not related to the device issues on Verizon Blackberry 9930. I think that because of how At&t's network is build all over the US is what making issues releasing it
    10-19-11 10:56 PM
    @evilmastermma

yes you did , at the very first post of this thread but somehow you didn't want to believe it.

BTW have u ever read the news about apple ?
    with their wealth, they can easily Buy the whole RIM company.
    i Don't think apple is bothered by Rim at all
    if they want to be worried, the android is the better match.
    not RIM
    cause they don't cater the same consumer type.

@crucial Extreme

yeah maybe that's the reason, lucky for those who are on AT&T
    10-20-11 01:51 AM
    now that i think about it, maybe you are one of RIM viral marketing teams who are paid to says good thing about this flagship phone of theirs,
    cause its kind of weird that most of majority here have problems with their 9900 build quality, and those are normal user who buy 1 phone only
    but you said youv'e seen 140 9900s that are so perfect in build quality and have no problem at all.
    its weird, i myself looking for 1 perfect 9900 to use , but it seems to be very hard to find one.

so sorry this is nothing personal.
    but like i said in my other post

for those who have perfect 9900/9930 , i'm happy for you guys,
    but please respect us who get a POS build quality phone for our $600
    it's our hard earned money and we have the right to complained about it as much as it's build quality dissapoint us.
    10-20-11 02:47 AM
    about your "drop test video"
    have you ever read CNN ?
    try this

iPhone 4 survives fall from skydiver's pocket - CNN
    10-20-11 02:52 AM
    now that i think about it, maybe you are one of RIM viral marketing teams who are paid to says good thing about this flagship phone of theirs,
    cause its kind of weird that most of majority here have problems with their 9900 build quality, and those are normal user who buy 1 phone only
    but you said youv'e seen 140 9900s that are so perfect in build quality and have no problem at all.
    its weird, i myself looking for 1 perfect 9900 to use , but it seems to be very hard to find one.

so sorry this is nothing personal.
    but like i said in my other post

for those who have perfect 9900/9930 , i'm happy for you guys,
    but please respect us who get a POS build quality phone for our $600
    it's our hard earned money and we have the right to complained about it as much as it's build quality dissapoint us.
    10-20-11 02:53 AM
    anyway back to the topic

most of us didn't rant about how good other phone are
    but most of us do complaind about how bad this 9900 is.
    10-20-11 02:54 AM
    Mine was made in Hungary, no problems as of yet. I certainly do like this phone though!
    10-20-11 03:04 AM
    wow. Ok, I am not a fanboy of any device. I went from iPhone -htc - blackberry. I generally just look at whats out when I need an upgrade, go to stores and have a play and go, I'll have that one! I am in the UK and have had two devices do this to me. First one within a week, second not long after a month and its now away for repair which makes me a little angry sending a brand new device away for repair. I don't understand how some people go mad as soon as somebody says something about blackberry and are convinced blackberry can't do wrong.

Bottom line is there are people all over the web reporting these issues asking for help fixing it and sending them away for repair. Vodafone guy said when I took mine in "I'VE ALREADY HAD TWO OF THESE TODAY". It's unacceptable for a brand new device to go wrong for so many people. The odd device, fine. But when people are going through handsets because they can't get it right is far from fine. I can't comment on other blackberry devices as this is the first one I have owned, but so far not overly impressed with the build quality. As a working phone however fantastic phone, I love it! - It's ok to be upset that you brand new device that is very expensive is going wrong and does make you think about finding a different manufacturer. Personally I just want a 9900 that works! How about we don't throw wild accusations at people and allow people to express their own experiences, good or bad.

Just my thoughts anyways.
    10-20-11 03:20 AM
    wow. Ok, I am not a fanboy of any device. I went from iPhone -htc - blackberry. I generally just look at whats out when I need an upgrade, go to stores and have a play and go, I'll have that one! I am in the UK and have had two devices do this to me. First one within a week, second not long after a month and its now away for repair which makes me a little angry sending a brand new device away for repair. I don't understand how some people go mad as soon as somebody says something about blackberry and are convinced blackberry can't do wrong.

Bottom line is there are people all over the web reporting these issues asking for help fixing it and sending them away for repair. Vodafone guy said when I took mine in "I'VE ALREADY HAD TWO OF THESE TODAY". It's unacceptable for a brand new device to go wrong for so many people. The odd device, fine. But when people are going through handsets because they can't get it right is far from fine. I can't comment on other blackberry devices as this is the first one I have owned, but so far not overly impressed with the build quality. As a working phone however fantastic phone, I love it! - It's ok to be upset that you brand new device that is very expensive is going wrong and does make you think about finding a different manufacturer. Personally I just want a 9900 that works! How about we don't throw wild accusations at people and allow people to express their own experiences, good or bad.

Just my thoughts anyways.
    well said, coulnd't agree more
    i don't say how good other manufacturer are
    but i write my complain here is because i want a "good" blackberry
    and i really want 9900 to work, cause i really love the keyboard
    that's why i made that "letter to Rim" thread.
    i hope they'll listen and do somthing about it.
    10-20-11 03:32 AM
    Must be happening only over that side of the pond. Have gone through countless berries here, from 7105 to now the 9900.

Not a single damage. Amazed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I've had 3 different Blackberry models

-8700G
    -9780 (on my 2nd 9780 right now)

The 9780 is the only model I've had serious issues with... But 9 months of constantly editing your texts and emails due to typos because of defective keyboards on 2 different phones is enough to set you over the edge when it comes to Blackberry's quality control on their newest devices... If they corrected the issue in a timely manner I might not be that frustrated/annoyed but they didn't...

Not exactly thrilled to see the complaints about the bricked phones and poor battery life with the newest bold device which I will most likely be purchasing in January...

If Apple and Android phones offered non-slider phones with physical keyboards (similar to Blackberry), I might consider their products but right now I am turned off by these larger touch screen devices that you have to slide or manipulate to access a keyboard.
    10-20-11 06:00 PM

lol
    Love my 9900. Apple is Occupy Wall Street!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 09:02 PM
    haha, great video!

There was going to be three phones in that test actually, as they were also going to be testing a Bold 9900 alongside those other two phones.

Unfortunately the Bold 9900 died overnight before the testers had a chance to drop it.

10-20-11 09:21 PM
    How 1 person gets 2 completely dead phones leads me to deduce the the commonality here is the person, not the device.

My thoughts exactly.
    10-20-11 10:00 PM
    haha, great video!

There was going to be three phones in that test actually, as they were also going to be testing a Bold 9900 alongside those other two phones.

Unfortunately the Bold 9900 died overnight before the testers had a chance to drop it.

LOL! That's ridonkulas funny if your being silly but terrible if it's true
    10-21-11 01:28 AM
    I'm just being silly...
    10-21-11 02:01 AM
    MY only complaint with my device is the youtube lag rendering wifi, and it drops to edge once in awhile at my house. Rogers told me to bring it back to bestbuy with a case # for a new one If it doesn't fix my youtube problem then tough **** haha
    10-21-11 02:36 AM

lol
    Be gone troll!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 02:46 AM
    im on 9900 number 5... #5 got jvm error 517 2 days after getting it but i cleared the os and reloaded a new os on the device just because im sick if the hassle of replacing them.

all have been hardware defects of crappy quality besides this current one. from bell and i have a work related bes 9900 thats rogers and had that running since july and not a problem with it.

i went from being excited about this phone since launch to pretty much having a hatred for it.
    10-21-11 03:43 PM
    im on 9900 number 5... #5 got jvm error 517 2 days after getting it but i cleared the os and reloaded a new os on the device just because im sick if the hassle of replacing them.

all have been hardware defects of crappy quality besides this current one. from bell and i have a work related bes 9900 thats rogers and had that running since july and not a problem with it.

i went from being excited about this phone since launch to pretty much having a hatred for it.
    Hopefully you get a good one. The better ones should be populating inventory by now. There were some HW issues obviously, but manufacturing problems that needed to be fixed and have been. But those devices are still out there. And people wonder why AT&T waited? lol.
    10-21-11 03:54 PM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    hmmm mine was perfect day 1 ... one of the firsts in Canada ... Rogers August 8th ... Bold 9900 .... good luck ATT users

... Bold 9900 is amazing!! you will love it! ...
    10-21-11 03:58 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD