Rogers in Canada also have telenav or Rogers navigator. Have to pay monthly fees to use them... Im really looking for something like garmin have, hope they make it compatible with os7.
    09-28-11 11:26 AM
    Telmap 5 works on the 9900 (version 5.41.49).

Been using it for a month now. There are a few small bugs that need fixing, but overall it works fine, and there's even support for the touchscreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 11:36 AM
    Garmin works really well, has us and euro version available to but is not a free unfortunately.
    09-28-11 11:54 AM
    Telmap beta is free and works great.
    Does Telmap work with OS7?
    09-28-11 12:41 PM
    Lifeinpocket works on my 9930 and gives turn-by-turn under the Nav selection. As long as GPS is on and set to Location, it should work.
    09-28-11 12:55 PM
    Blackberry traffic is awesome and free if you can have your BB mounted somewhere in the car. They said on the blog that voice guided turn by turn is in the works. It automatically progresses through, and even re routes and has arrival time posted.
    09-28-11 01:23 PM
    I tried Verizon navigator and it works extremely well! I was able to subscribe for just one day to test it and was very impressed. It even knew of a local detour (closed section of Freeway) and routed me around it. I'm sold on that and the nice thing is I only need to pay for the period of time I need it. Garmin is my second favorote, but it cost $99.00 and is only good for the device purchased, or a replacement device.
    Mr Bigs and Chrisy like this.
    09-28-11 01:39 PM
    Blackberry Traffic is a great application. Offers turn by turn and traffic flow. I think its the best available and if you need a map view switch to Blackberry Maps but I have found the traffic app. extremely accurate. While experimenting with the app. bare in mind you can slide to different views within applicatiion.
    09-28-11 09:22 PM
    Garmin works really well, has us and euro version available to but is not a free unfortunately.
    So you are telling us that garmin mobile is working on the bold 9900? I don't wanna buy this thing then it doesn't work!
    09-28-11 10:21 PM
    Garmin , Wisepilot , Ubinav

to the OP... before you made ur second post you actually could read what people already posted.
    09-28-11 11:57 PM
    BlackBerry Traffic is great. It's not a map view with turn by turn but I prefer that it is not. I prefer the easy to read text turn by turn directions it provides.

09-29-11 12:51 AM
    I tried downloading the 7 day trial and it won't let me... They say my device is not supported
    09-29-11 09:52 AM
    Telenav GPS Plus is actually out for the 9930 and its only $10 for a year. You can't beat their app for that price. I installed it first thing when I got my 9330 yesterday. Works great. Go get it.
    09-30-11 10:19 AM
    I tried downloading the 7 day trial and it won't let me... They say my device is not supported
    Does it say device is not supported or that the 7 day trial isn't available for this device? I think I tried to download and it said the latter. Doesn't mean it's not compatible, just means you can't use the 7 day trial.
    Last edited by chasvs; 09-30-11 at 01:39 PM.
    09-30-11 01:32 PM
    Telenav GPS Plus is actually out for the 9930 and its only $10 for a year. You can't beat their app for that price. I installed it first thing when I got my 9330 yesterday. Works great. Go get it.
    You got an OTA link or any link ?? I have the 9930 From Verizon..

$10 ?? You mean $100??
    09-30-11 01:55 PM
    You got an OTA link or any link ?? I have the 9930 From Verizon..

$10 ?? You mean $100??
    Nevermind, you re right ! its in App World for $10 ! Downloading now.. will test it tonight.
    Stinsonddog likes this.
    09-30-11 01:57 PM
    nevermind, you re right ! Its in app world for $10 ! Downloading now.. Will test it tonight.
    yes i mean $10. Wow used to be $10 a month. Great deal.
    10-01-11 02:09 AM
    The BB won't ever see a turn by turn voice navigation app from the likes of sygic or ndrive. Mostly because the BB OS is old and severely inefficient and have memory constraints, doesn't matter how modular it is or how much juice todays BB have, if it's based on a decade old OS that's been patched over and over all the apps for BB that you will see even on BB with GPUs like the 9900 are widgets and launchers(to websites).

Unless RIM makes an entirely new OS from scratch, since obviously all they can do now is rename and slap different themes on the current OS, you will never see Skype(even less with video), GPS turn-turn with preloaded maps(no monthly fee or data charges) and voice navigation or even Angry Birds on a BB. You go to sites like midomi, grooveshark, etc and they will only have an android or iOS app of their service.

Btw the 9900 cost more than the Galaxy SII unlocked. I feel like I need to repeat that in all my posts so it sounds less funny over time, like any joke, but it sounds as ridiculous now like when I first said it.
    Last edited by hahree; 10-01-11 at 06:16 AM.
    10-01-11 06:04 AM
    The
    Thanks for that interesting word

10-01-11 06:17 AM
    LifeInPocket works for me. It has turn by turn navigation with voice guidance and it is free.
    10-01-11 06:22 AM
    Does it say device is not supported or that the 7 day trial isn't available for this device? I think I tried to download and it said the latter. Doesn't mean it's not compatible, just means you can't use the 7 day trial.
    Yes you are right the trial is not supported. Other people said that it worked fine on theirs... Now do i do it or not ?
    mbanole03 likes this.
    10-01-11 09:56 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD