Any one know how to turn off the LED when charging? My 9930 is set to auto power off at night, but the LED blinks green while in this mode, the BB has no setting to turn it off, and I can find no app to accomplish this. So am I SOL on this problem?

Thanks Bob
    10-07-12 12:50 PM
    Clock> Options> When Charging= Bedside Mode. Then set the time range you want it to go in to Bedside. While in clock options, scroll down to Bedside Mode section and check Disable LED.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    10-07-12 01:51 PM
    Clock> Options> When Charging= Bedside Mode. Then set the time range you want it to go in to Bedside. While in clock options, scroll down to Bedside Mode section and check Disable LED.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    The LED still flashes green with these settings and the phone powered off. I do not want it to flash at all when it is charging with power off.
    10-07-12 02:05 PM
    I don't think that's possible. If however, you leave the phone on and in bedside mode, you can easily set up the profiles so that the phone will never make a sound or vibrate while in that mode, which for all intents and purposes, would be the same as having it off. Unless there's another reason you want the device fully off, that would accomplish the same thing. I have not turned my Blackberry's off in many years. I have bedside mode set to "Phone only" profile - and nothing else rings or vibrates. There is another profile to make the phone completely silent that you could use.
    10-08-12 09:47 AM
    i agree, you could put it in bedside mode and turn the radio off. nothing would get through to you and your led wouldn't flash. i like bedside mode and keeping the radio on but silencing the phone and disabling the LED so when i wake up i can see at what time messages were sent to me.
    10-08-12 11:17 AM
    Just turn your phone over so it's face down! Job done...
    ritesh and FF22 like this.
    10-09-12 07:48 AM
    Why not toss your underwear over it or lay it face down. The light is just not that big of a deal
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 10-09-12 at 08:24 AM.
    10-09-12 08:07 AM
    Hi rdonnelly

Just to add to what @starchit suggested Clock > Options > When Charging = there is also an option " Do Nothing " set it and see if led turns of while charging.
    10-09-12 08:23 AM
    I don't think that's possible. If however, you leave the phone on and in bedside mode, you can easily set up the profiles so that the phone will never make a sound or vibrate while in that mode, which for all intents and purposes, would be the same as having it off. Unless there's another reason you want the device fully off, that would accomplish the same thing. I have not turned my Blackberry's off in many years. I have bedside mode set to "Phone only" profile - and nothing else rings or vibrates. There is another profile to make the phone completely silent that you could use.
    I like to go to sleep and forget I have a blackberry, then have the BlackBerry wake me up in the morning, so I have it set to auto shut off. I charge it in the stand, so it lights up the led when powered off. Also, if I do have an email, I want it to turn on at a certain time and alert me.

i agree, you could put it in bedside mode and turn the radio off. nothing would get through to you and your led wouldn't flash. i like bedside mode and keeping the radio on but silencing the phone and disabling the LED so when i wake up i can see at what time messages were sent to me.
    The radio off would not allow an email to go through at a certain time, maybe I need a sound schedule? Am I able to use the sound settings on a schedule or do I need an app?
    10-09-12 03:13 PM
    Actually the only thing that is going to wake me is email, since I am totally forwarded to google voice, so I need an email holding app, or maybe I can do it right from google?
    10-09-12 03:19 PM
    I am going to try bedside mode>schedule>radio off? That might give me exactly what I want instead of the power off and on schedule.
    10-09-12 03:43 PM
    Clock>>options>>Bedside mode>> Disable LED (Yes)>>Sound Profile>>silent>>Dim Screen (Yes). That will eliminate the LED and all sounds/vibrations.

You can also restrict Beside Mode to certain hours and have an alarm set in addition to all of that. In the same screen as previously noted above, use the "Restrict to certain hours" option and the unit will go into bedside mode while charging when the start time occurs - and out of Bedside mode when the end time occurs.

No need to turn the BB off, ever.
    rdonnelly likes this.
    10-09-12 03:45 PM
    Clock>>options>>Bedside mode>> Disable LED (Yes)>>Sound Profile>>silent>>Dim Screen (Yes). That will eliminate the LED and all sounds/vibrations.

You can also restrict Beside Mode to certain hours and have an alarm set in addition to all of that. In the same screen as previously noted above, use the "Restrict to certain hours" option and the unit will go into bedside mode while charging when the start time occurs - and out of Bedside mode when the end time occurs.

Actually radio off instead of silent will make it retrieve voice mails and notify my when the radio comes back on. I only get voice mails from google voice from business callers, and I need to be awoken on the weekend if I decide to sleep in.
    10-09-12 05:32 PM
    Actually radio off instead of silent will make it retrieve voice mails and notify my when the radio comes back on. I only get voice mails from google voice from business callers, and I need to be awoken on the weekend if I decide to sleep in.
    Even if you have radio on and silent with disabled led you can be awaken by your alarm and your alarm only. You can change your settings you want to be loud in the profile settings. Bedside mode is completely customizable to most peoples likings.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    10-09-12 10:57 PM
    Even if you have radio on and silent with disabled led you can be awaken by your alarm and your alarm only. You can change your settings you want to be loud in the profile settings. Bedside mode is completely customizable to most peoples likings.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    Any way to make bedside mode to go totally black? I do not care for the dimmed clock.
    10-10-12 05:26 AM

This is exactly what I do every night. Set my bedside mode to be restricted to certain hours and sound profile set to phone only. I dont need to be awakened by pesky emails or twitter DM's. If someone needs to get a hold of me so badly in the night, they know my actual phone number.
    10-10-12 06:36 AM
    Any way to make bedside mode to go totally black? I do not care for the dimmed clock.
    I've never found a way to accomplish this. I believe bedside mode is only available during the clock app and while charging.
    10-10-12 06:38 AM
    Well, I went back to power off schedule, I used to cover my phone with a black sock to hide the green LED. I now took the plastic packaging the BB came in when it was new, and cut it down to make a black plastic cover for the LED. Problem solved, but still no way to make this thing go totally dark?
    10-10-12 01:42 PM
    Yes there is!!

Just hit the key lock button!!!

Here is my setup.
    When charging: Enter bedside mode
    Dismiss Clock automatically: "check"
    Restrict to certain hours: "check"
    To: 8am

This way A. Anytime I plug in my phone after 9pm no notifications. B. If I wanna sleep in notifications don't come up
    And C. All my messages, missed calls, tweets and any other notifications (including weather updates) are ready for me as soon as I wake up so no need to wait.

GL and all the best. Let me know if that works for you
    10-11-12 03:12 AM
    All my messages, missed calls, tweets and any other notifications (including weather updates) are ready for me as soon as I wake up so no need to wait.
    So will it alert you at 8AM with all your emails should you decide to sleep in and not remove it from the charger?
    10-11-12 05:44 AM
    No - it will NOT alert you for e-mails that have occurred in the past. only ones that come in AFTER you exit bedside mode, which will happen on its own if you set the time restrictions. You can still set an alarm to alert you and wake you at any time should you choose. He said all his e-mail messages, missed calls, tweets, etc...were all ready to read.

BTW, you can turn off the GREEN LED notifications so you don't see it when charging. That option is in screen options. It will not affect the RED LED notifications when NOT in bedside mode, so you don't need a sock.

Why don't you just try using the bedside mode and see if it suits you? It's pretty easy to set up.
    10-11-12 07:48 AM
    BTW, you can turn off the GREEN LED notifications so you don't see it when charging. That option is in screen options.
    That option is only for the green led coverage indicator.

If your phone is switched off whilst charging, the led will flash, and you cannot turn that off.
    10-11-12 08:14 AM
    Sorry - I should have been clearer...I meant while charging in bedside mode.
    10-12-12 03:31 AM
    No - it will NOT alert you for e-mails that have occurred in the past. only ones that come in AFTER you exit bedside mode,
    so you don't need a sock.
    Power on alerts me like it just happened, and I have no need for a sock, I made a plastic cover from my BB packaging that fits like a glove.

That option is only for the green led coverage indicator.

If your phone is switched off whilst charging, the led will flash, and you cannot turn that off.
    Yup, most smart phones show some sort of LED, but the BB is like super bright and flashes like a beacon until the battery is fully charged. So I guess this thread has run its course?
    10-12-12 05:52 AM
    Bedside mode is your friend.
    10-12-12 10:22 AM
29 12