I have this strange issue that I can't seem to be able to fix.

When I compose an email and I start typing an email address
    say johnd... it starts to autocomplete and show suggestions. There is only one suggestion and that is: [email protected]
    but when I click "show address", the address is actually something else. Address is [email protected]
    Code:
     Think of it as: [email protected] <[email protected]>. So,
     "[email protected] is "name" and [email protected] is email associated 
    with the name
    But this is incorrect. I actually want to send email to [email protected] but when I write [email protected], it uses that as a 'name' (instead of email address). And this name is assosicated with [email protected]. So, it substitutes it with [email protected]

How to fix it? This is not even in my address-book.

I am using BB 7 OS on BlackBerry Bold 9900.

Thanks
    09-19-11 09:41 PM
    in email>options>message display and actions> uncheck show recent contacts when composing email. That may uncouple non-contacts from auto completing.
    redsci likes this.
    09-20-11 12:37 AM
    in email>options>message display and actions> uncheck show recent contacts when composing email. That may uncouple non-contacts from auto completing.
    Thanks. This works; but I want to keep that feature enabled because auto-complete is helpful. I just want to get rid of this one particular incorrectly-saved contact. How do I fix just this contact?

Thanks
    09-20-11 12:43 AM
    Try toggling it off and see if that kills that particular entry. Then turn it back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 01:01 AM
    You could also clear this database out using desktop manager and the delete data menu option. It would reset all of them I believe though, not just a single entry.
    09-20-11 01:24 AM
    Try toggling it off and see if that kills that particular entry. Then turn it back on.
    Nopes. I unchecked it. Saved changes. Pulled battery out. Rebooted.
    And then re-checked it. And it has started auto-completing that incorrect address again

You could also clear this database out using desktop manager and the delete data menu option. It would reset all of them I believe though, not just a single entry.
    Which particular database would that be?
    09-20-11 01:42 AM
    Oh man I think I might just make your day redsci! Don't know if you found a solution yet so how about this.

-compose a new message and select the incorrect entry
    -now highlight and add it to your address book as a new entry
    -discard the message & go to the address book & delete the new entry
    -compose new message and see if its now gone

I just did this on my Torch 9850 and it worked! :-D
    02-17-12 06:21 PM
    Oh man I think I might just make your day redsci! Don't know if you found a solution yet so how about this.

02-17-12 06:21 PM
    Did you ever receive a email from any of those addresses before? Why not check the recent contact management list to see if they are there and just delete them. Works for me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-18-12 12:21 AM
    You can delete the contact without adding it to your address book...I do it all the time right from the contact list.
    02-18-12 12:31 AM

Worked like a charm! Thanks!
    02-20-12 06:48 PM
    I'm on the Z10. Whenever I compose an email to this particular colleague (to: John Smith) its attached to another colleague email address (Jane Smith.com) . When I hit send, the name corrects itself to Jane Smith, but thats not who the note was intended for. Both are correct in the contact list.

I can't find a way to delete the entry.
    09-14-13 01:46 PM
    Thanks - this was really helpful thread. I was having it, so that a spammer's email address, that was very similar to one of our company email addresses (in name only, not the email address - but this was the problem as they had spammed the name which was the same as our info@ email address) was appearing in the "autocomplete" field of the TO field in a new email on my Z10. I had the exact same issue where this rogue email address was most certainly not in my contact database at all, so can only assume that the handset picked it out of a spam email that had appeared at some point in time on the handset and was probably opened in error?

I've found that this same rogue email address appeared in my Recent Contact Management list, and that blocking each entry that I no longer wanted to see, stops these rogue email addresses from appearing at all in the TO: email field when creating a new email.

RCM was found by going to the BB Hub / Settings and then RCM.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-23-15 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD