I used to have Skype on my phone & it worked perfectly fine. I deleted in a few months ago because I was running out of memory. However, I deleted a few other apps and wanted to re-download Skype. I downloaded the app from my Applications folder & got a message that download was successful. When I try to open the Skype app, my phone freezes. Please help! I've already tried deleting, rebooting & re-installing several times but still no avail. Any suggestions?
    05-08-12 10:31 AM
    How did you delete? From the phone or through DM? Did you deny many application permission requests? I had this happen several months ago due to another issue and had to reload Skype. I ended up using DM to properly delete, did a couple of battery pulls, downloaded the app again and allowed all app permission requests except security and then started denying one at a time till I at least had some basic denies.
    For me it was due to Skype not functioning properly when certain application permissions are denied. No issues in the last 4 months. I hope this helps.
    05-08-12 01:07 PM
    What does DM mean? I deleted by highlighting the item, pressing the blackberry key & clicking delete. I tried to re-download and set application permissions to allow all but still to no avail
    05-08-12 02:47 PM
    Sorry, DM is Desktop Manager. Some may disagree, but I believe the only proper way to delete anything off my phone is through DM. On my previous BBs, when I deleted from the phone, I eventually would have bizarre issues. I was told by a former customer of mine who is the BES administrator for a large company that to ensure less problems with my BB to always delete apps through DM, so I have. I would try that first. Then do a battery pull and reload Skype. After loading Skype, do a battery pull or hard re-set, and then if the app asks for application permissions, allow. After that, do a pull or hard re-set and try Skype again.
    05-08-12 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD