Okay I've tried about everything to increase my battery life. My carrier has no 2G for some reason I still have to ask them about that. These are some things I have done to improve my battery life
    - turn off gps
    - turn brightness to 10% and backlight timeout 10 secs
    - I usually lock my phone after sending a message
    - make twitter and fb refresh every 1 hour

I send countless numbers of bbm everyday cause I'm a student and at this rate with this battery I dont think I can last a whole day without the blackberry running out of batt.

My question is what else can I do to save some battery ?
    09-01-11 07:32 PM
    Buy a new battery....or get it exchanged. I have everything on, on my 9900 and use it quite a bit, it can last a day and a half easy.
    09-01-11 07:36 PM
    Buy a new battery....or get it exchanged.
    I've tried they all the ones made from mexico and all my friends that have the phone have the batteries made from there for some reason and all the batteries burn really fast
    09-01-11 07:37 PM
    Sounds like you are compromising the use of your Bold capability to try to increase battery life..why? You should consider get a second battery or a mobile charger or charge your device using class so that you continue to use your bold's ability..I have no issue with battery and I don't have to tune down its performance..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-01-11 07:37 PM
    Sounds like you are compromising the use of your Bold capability to try to increase battery life..why? You should consider get a second battery or a mobile charger or charge your device using class so that you continue to use your bold's ability..I have no issue with battery and I don't have to tune down its performance..

I charge it normally I just got this bb 2 days ago I charge it till its full and wait an extra half an hour or I charge it when i go to sleep overnight
    09-01-11 07:41 PM
    I have everything on, except NFC, and paired to my PB all day. Well over 300 messages a day on 4 BIS accounts, approx, 40 mins on calls, screen on max. No issues what so ever. Make sure to close all the apps running in the background.
    09-01-11 07:41 PM
    Read this:

TOP TEN tricks to extend your battery life (CB article by Adam Zeis)

(there's a sticky in this forum with all sorts of links to battery-related topics of discussion)
    I have done everything in that post already maybe I should jsut buy an extra battery and I close all my apps in the background all the time I could run my blackberry bold 9000 on 3G all day and it would still have battery by the end of the day at least 12 hours or more everyday and the battery is a year old !
    09-01-11 07:42 PM
    Could be a bad battery... From experience one of my batteries is defective, but it only became apparent once I purchased a new battery. Difference between the two is astounding. In my case, I was just glad it didn't turn out to be the phone itself.

Only way to test is purchase a new battery or return your phone (exchange for a new one)..
    maybe ill just exchange it, great just bought a screen protector for it too !
    09-01-11 07:52 PM
    Here is a tip on saving some juice. The amount saved depends on the usage of this particular function though.

For me, I text a lot for work and personal reasons. Because of this, I use a third party app (Crunch SMS) to do so. Although there are other built in functions to this app that make it "cool" the battery saving part is that you can set the background color to whatever you want.

If set to black, you screen uses less energy while the message list or conversation screens are pulled up.

When I was running this on my Tour, it saved a noticeable amount of battery. I am sure it will save as compared to the stock SMS screen being a lot brighter.

Again, this will only save juice if you really use SMS a lot.
    09-01-11 08:00 PM
    My Battery life is good i can get 15 hrs out of it with heavy usage of internet BBM and some talking.
    09-01-11 08:06 PM
    I would use that but I bbm the most I send so many msgs a day maybe I should wait a couple days more to let the battery settle down.
    09-01-11 08:15 PM
    I would use that but I bbm the most I send so many msgs a day maybe I should wait a couple days more to let the battery settle down.
    Yeah, it might be good to let the battery go through a few FULL cycles of draining and charging. Usually this is needed with any new electronic. If not, get a new battery.
    09-01-11 08:22 PM
    Yeah, it might be good to let the battery go through a few FULL cycles of draining and charging. Usually this is needed with any new electronic. If not, get a new battery.
    okay thanks and should I drain it till it flashes red and charge it for how long? until its full or overnight is fine?
    09-01-11 08:24 PM
    Buy a new battery....or get it exchanged. I have everything on, on my 9900 and use it quite a bit, it can last a day and a half easy.
    I am sorry but I don't think the 9900 would last a day in a half if you just left it on and didn't even use it lol
    09-01-11 08:29 PM
    I am sorry but I don't think the 9900 would last a day in a half if you just left it on and didn't even use it lol
    lol, maybe you need a new battery too....
    09-01-11 11:51 PM
    I've tried 2 new phones (9930 on Verizon) and 3 new batteries, I will lose about 10% per hour of battery life with barely any use. The only app i have is Facebook, and I've turned off the auto refresh. WIFI off, gps off. I'm thinking it must have something to do with the Verizon network, since others are not having a problem.
    09-02-11 08:32 AM
    Try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lution-645430/

You will be surprised with the difference
    09-02-11 09:12 AM
    where can i download version 7.0.0.261, the links I see posted I can't get to...
    09-02-11 11:07 AM
    where can i download version 7.0.0.261, the links I see posted I can't get to...
    Official: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel1346_PL5.0.0.464_A7.0.0.2 61_Rogers_Wireless_Inc
    09-02-11 12:36 PM
    I'm thinking of buying the ZAGG Sparq 2.0. Its 99 bucks (plus a free pair of their headsets) and its a 6000 mAh battery with 2 use ports, and up to 4-5 charges for the iPhone 4 and most other devices. Best part is its small enough to fit into my pocket. Great deal if u ask me and better than an external battery (no battery pulls required )
    09-02-11 12:40 PM
    Could be a bad battery... From experience one of my batteries is defective, but it only became apparent once I purchased a new battery. Difference between the two is astounding. In my case, I was just glad it didn't turn out to be the phone itself.

Only way to test is purchase a new battery or return your phone (exchange for a new one)..
    bnice advice..lol
    09-02-11 01:43 PM
    lol......................
    09-02-11 01:46 PM
    I'm thinking of buying the ZAGG Sparq 2.0. Its 99 bucks (plus a free pair of their headsets) and its a 6000 mAh battery with 2 use ports, and up to 4-5 charges for the iPhone 4 and most other devices. Best part is its small enough to fit into my pocket. Great deal if u ask me and better than an external battery (no battery pulls required )
    i intend to buy it too next week.
    that will be an absolute solution for me
    09-02-11 01:47 PM
    If you are still with Verizon, this software will not be compatible on your device. We have the 9930 not the 9900. Make sure you get a 9930 compatible version.
    Last edited by Turbaru; 09-02-11 at 01:56 PM.
    09-02-11 01:54 PM

Before you do that my external power packs from Energizer refuse to charge my 9900 although they charge my other phones fine. It may not be compatible.

09-02-11 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD