I just tried to download Kindle but Amazon says my device is not supported. How is everyone downloading the program on their new Bold?
    08-16-11 01:22 PM
    Anyone able to download Kindle?
    08-16-11 01:44 PM
    It takes a month or two to get Amazon to upgrade the BB software. However, with the Torch I just downloaded the most recent phone they had the app for and it worked well. Give it a try. Also, consider Kobo books or Google books. In any case, they want BB business. We are a big part of their audible and Kindle users. Regards, M.
    08-16-11 01:47 PM
    Where can I get a version of Kindle that works with the new 9930?
    08-16-11 03:18 PM
    Has anyone been able to download Kindle?
    08-17-11 12:06 AM
    Have to wait until Amazon releases a version compatible with OS7.
    08-17-11 12:19 AM
    I had Kindle on my 9650 and it transferred to my 9930 with no problems. I had to uninstall and reinstall all my paid books but the free books all work fine.
    08-17-11 12:39 AM
    I had Kindle on my 9650 and it transferred to my 9930 with no problems. I had to uninstall and reinstall all my paid books but the free books all work fine.

How are you viewing the books? The Amazon Kindle app doesn't support OS7 yet.
    08-17-11 01:16 AM
    All of the free books work fine. The paid books give me an error message "Invalid book: The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it." I am in the process of removing the books now and redownloading them. I'll let you know how that works out.
    08-17-11 01:40 AM
    I just finished re-downloading the paid books. Unfortunately I still get the error, but the free books all work fine and are readable. I guess I will have to wait for Amazon to upgrade to read the paid books.
    08-17-11 01:53 AM
    How did you transfer the app to your 9930? Just interested because I can't get the app to open on my 9900 - it just goes to the splash screen and stays there.

Incidentally, you might find it worth going to your "manage devices" page on amazon.com and making sure your 9930 is a registered device on there; you can also deregister your old 9650 - when I was having problems before that allowed me to access my paid books.
    09-16-11 11:53 AM
    Maybe officially, but I was able to download Kindle from the Amazon mobile site 3 weeks ago without problem. Works fine on OS7.

All of the free books work fine. The paid books give me an error message "Invalid book: The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it." I am in the process of removing the books now and redownloading them. I'll let you know how that works out.
    All you have to do is Remove the book(s), then go to Archived Items. The book(s) will be there; just click and they're back. Or at least that's what I was able to do. I'm also able to buy and download new books w/o problem.
    09-16-11 12:03 PM
    Have to wait until Amazon releases a version compatible with OS7.
    Well, don't forget that OS7 is really like OS6.1. Given that, the OS6 version should work fine.
    09-16-11 12:41 PM
    On a tip, I used the Kindle.cod file from a backup I had made from my 9700. You can either side load it directly with a utility like BBSAk, or make a .alx file and load it with BB desktop manager.

It didn't seem like it would work at first. It froze on the splash screen the first time I launched the app. But after some experimentation, I plugged in and then unplugged the USB mass storage mode connection to my PC, and that action "woke up" the Kindle app.

After that it worked normally (The USB work-around was a one-time thing.).
    11-22-11 12:39 PM
    http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/rc8a/kindle.jad

This just worked for me. Next time you start it will ask you to upgrade just ignore it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 03:42 PM

this just worked for me. Next time you start it will ask you to upgrade just ignore it.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    holy crap this link worked!!!!
    11-22-11 03:58 PM

This just worked for me. Next time you start it will ask you to upgrade just ignore it.

I'm curious what version it proposes to upgrade to.

Your link to the jad is version 1.0.0.67050192. The .cod that I side loaded from my BB 9700 is version 1.0.2.101740313.
    11-22-11 04:42 PM
    I am able to go on amazon and "buy" books and they are almost instantly sent to me. I did this on a computer and on my 9930 in the app. This version works properly for me and did the first time with ne messing around. Hope this helps

11-22-11 10:52 PM
    Got it to work too but I used this version (1.0.2.101740313):

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/KindleBB102b/kindle.jad

I tried running it with connections on and off, off and on and the damn thing still wouldn't work. Next I thought if I update it through DM it might work. Checked for updates, there were none. I then checked Kindle with the USB cable still attached and it was running, logged on to kindle but no files were visible as it was still connected to the USB and the MicroSD card was not available. As soon as I removed the USB cable and searched archives all my books were available.

Disclaimer - I'm pretty sure Kindle wasn't working before I plugged it into my computer but as I didn't check it might have started working before that.

I have added some more books and its still working.

ps. I'm using OS7 .540
    11-23-11 03:14 AM

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

11-23-11 04:11 AM
    Got it to work too but I used this version (1.0.2.101740313):

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/KindleBB102b/kindle.jad

I tried running it with connections on and off, off and on and the damn thing still wouldn't work. Next I thought if I update it through DM it might work. Checked for updates, there were none. I then checked Kindle with the USB cable still attached and it was running, logged on to kindle but no files were visible as it was still connected to the USB and the MicroSD card was not available. As soon as I removed the USB cable and searched archives all my books were available.

Disclaimer - I'm pretty sure Kindle wasn't working before I plugged it into my computer but as I didn't check it might have started working before that.

I have added some more books and its still working.

ps. I'm using OS7 .540
    Thanks! Got it working without any problems. When I initially started up the app I just got the splash screen and nothing further. Plugged in the usb cable and chose 'usb drive' - that caused the kindle app to go beyond the splash screen and be operational. Sweet!
    11-23-11 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD