Made the leap...free overnight shipping via Verizon means my brand spanking new Bold 9930 will be at my office tomorrow morning.

That said, I've got about 24 hours to obsessively think about my decision, and what lies ahead.

(Quick rationale for my decision to go Bold, instead of wait out the Torch-Touch: The Playbook should satisfy any media-heavy tasks, and I carry it w/ me 85% of the time...worst-case, if I just can't make the transition from virtual keyboard to the physical form-factor, then I switch inside my 30-day window)

Anyway, my first questions have to do with apps and cases. Are there any (commonly used) apps out there that ARE compatible across the Storm2 and Bold - assuming developers are updating them? Or, will I have to re-hash the app-buying process all over again?

Cases - I've got an Otterbox Commuter on my Storm2 now...is that the way to go with the Bold, as well...or are there other, sleeker cases offering equal protection? (I ask, b/c it seems the Bold line gets a little more 3rd party support when it comes to cases than the Storm does/did)...

All for now, I'll come up with other questions throughout the day...
    Last edited by mgm1979; 08-15-11 at 12:49 PM.
    08-15-11 10:10 AM
    Apps are hit and miss at this point.

I would recommend you not copy any apps over right away. Backup them all up to cod files get what you need form app world and then one by one see what works and purge what doesn't.

Even thought they may say they won't work via app world (ie. whatsapp) it still does...
    08-15-11 10:22 AM
    I had a feeling that might be the case...I'll definitely do a full backup, at some point today...thanks for the info.

Went ahead an ordered the OB Commuter case off Amazon for $25, so at least I've got a case to start with. If it's not too bulky, I may just stick with it...otherwise, I'd like to find something that maximizes protection, while keeping the sleek/think form-factor.
    08-15-11 11:09 AM
    As a heads up, just finished my order. The rep indicated I have a 14 day window and a $35 restocking fee if I return it............

Made the leap...free overnight shipping via Verizon means my brand spanking new Bold 9930 will be at my office tomorrow morning.

That said, I've got about 24 hours to obsessively think about my decision, and what lies ahead.

(Quick rationale for my decision to go Bold, instead of wait out the Curve-Touch: The Playbook should satisfy any media-heavy tasks, and I carry it w/ me 85% of the time...worst-case, if I just can't make the transition from virtual keyboard to the physical form-factor, then I switch inside my 30-day window)

Anyway, my first questions have to do with apps and cases. Are there any (commonly used) apps out there that ARE compatible across the Storm2 and Bold - assuming developers are updating them? Or, will I have to re-hash the app-buying process all over again?

Cases - I've got an Otterbox Commuter on my Storm2 now...is that the way to go with the Bold, as well...or are there other, sleeker cases offering equal protection? (I ask, b/c it seems the Bold line gets a little more 3rd party support when it comes to cases than the Storm does/did)...

All for now, I'll come up with other questions throughout the day...
    08-15-11 11:10 AM
    Dropped my Storm2 in a parking lot yesterday and shattered the touch screen. Work is replacing it with a Bold 9930. I can't wait!

I here ya on the app transition. My biggest concern is waiting for Mobile Checkbook to have a OS7 compatible version. I live by that app for keeping up with check card transactions and balancing the checking account.

Other apps I hope will work soon if they don't already with OS7 are...
    BeBuzz
    ScoreMobile
    QuickLaunch
    Quick Pull
    BB Wallet
    Berry Weather
    Good Alarm App (Musical Clock or Smart Alarm Pro)
    Gesture Pad
    Funambol Blackberry Sync
    Pandora
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App
    Smart WiFi
    mgm1979 likes this.
    08-15-11 11:26 AM
    I ordered my 9930 today and it will be here tomorrow, moving on from my storm 2. I don't really need the big screen anymore because I use my playbook for everything basically. I'm pretty stoked
    08-15-11 12:37 PM
    As a heads up, just finished my order. The rep indicated I have a 14 day window and a $35 restocking fee if I return it............
    oh wow...they changed it then?

well, here's to hoping the Bold and I get along, OR the Torch-Touch comes out quick! LoL
    08-15-11 12:49 PM
    I just wanted to comment here that this BB 9930 puts my storm 2 to SHAME! lol. This thing is SO FAST compared to the storm 2, I just start laughing when things open so fast. MUAHHAH
    southlander likes this.
    08-16-11 03:01 PM
    oh wow...they changed it then?

well, here's to hoping the Bold and I get along, OR the Torch-Touch comes out quick! LoL
    Yes. You only have 14 days and a $35 restocking fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 03:07 PM
    The 30 day return window changed to 14 days back in January. There was always a $35 fee.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-16-11 at 03:24 PM.
    08-16-11 03:10 PM
    1. I think I remember seeing on Crackberry that BeWeather was arleady being updated to work on OS7... They're also fixing some bugs and adding social integration with the update.

2. For those of you that have already got your Bold, how is the screen size and what not coming from the Storm 2? I still have a Storm 2, waiting on the Torch, but I know when I was using my friend's Tour the only thing that ever bothered me was how small the the screen was.
    08-16-11 03:20 PM
    So far, I'm LOVING everything about this Bold...needless to say, today's 'work' day isn't very productive.
    manofice1 likes this.
    08-16-11 03:22 PM
    I find the screen big enough coming from a storm 2 but then again I have my playbook with me everywhere so If I need a big screen I use that now.
    08-16-11 03:39 PM
    I find the screen big enough coming from a storm 2 but then again I have my playbook with me everywhere so If I need a big screen I use that now.
    I think that's because the virtual keyboard takes lots of space on the screen so the 9900 does not feel like your losing screen real estate.
    08-16-11 03:42 PM
    I'm still just shocked at how fast it is compared to my storm 2, lol. Facebook loads so fast.
    08-16-11 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD