Now that the 9900 has "8GB" of internal storage, I'd like to use it for my media.

How can I transfer my existing 2GB microSD files to the 9900, and have it recognize my existing files?

I mounted both the 9900 and the microSD on my desktop, then copied my files from the microSD to the same-named directory on the 9900. But the 9900 won't list any of the existing photos. It only lists the photos taken on the 9900 when the microSD card was removed.

It does show all of my music and videos fine, though.

Is there a way to rebuild the database for the photos or something?
    09-14-11 12:46 PM
    I have the same problem, but in opposite direction. How do you re-define the default path to music and other media files to mirco-SD card?

Will formatting the new card on the phone work?

This is what I want to do; store any videos or pictures I take on the phone itself, but all my songs on the mirco-SD card. How can I do that? If not at last how can I change the path of ALL my media including videos to the mirco-SD?

To OP, sorry I posted my questions here too... this way I don't have to create a new Thread for this.... I wish I can help you, but I am in the same boat.
    09-14-11 12:52 PM
    I assume this method only applies to the thread hijacker's posting above?

ANy idea how to get the 9900 to scan its internal storage for photos again?

Create a folder on the desktop. Name it "Blackberry" no quotes. Connect your phone as a hard drive. Navigate to the Blackberry folder. Open it and drag everything in it to the folder on your desktop. Disconect the phone. Pull the card. Insert the new one. Mount the phone again, navigate to the card. Open the "Blackberry" folder on your desktop. Drag everything IN IT to the blackberry folder in your phone. Dismount and disconnect the phone. Open the Media folder on your phone with the new card in it. It will scan everything. That should do it. This is what I did on my phone.
    09-14-11 02:59 PM
    You need to use media sync to get it where the bb will recognize it. So load the media to your internal memory location by using Desktop Manager Media sync. The media on your sd card doesn't have to be moved to your HD first, but you do need to pointvDM to the SD cardvasbthe source of the files.
    09-14-11 05:22 PM
    Thanks. That sort of worked. I am on a Mac so I first had to copy all my photos to the desktop, then import them into iPhoto, relaunch BB DM and then tick off the albums I wanted to import, then Sync'd.

One thing I found out was that my files weren't where I thought they were. There is a /home/user directory on the internal storage. Inside that is my actual user data for my device. What I had done previously was put all of my media into the /BlackBerry/ directory, and while it was picking up my videos, it wasn't finding my photos. I've since moved all of my media into the correct spots in ./home/user/

One last thing I've done is to move all of my photos from my /home/user/pictures directory into my /home/user/camera directory, and now all of my photos appear within the Blackberrys Camera browser as one huge dump of images.
    09-16-11 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD