Is it possible for me to transfer my contacts to the droid 1 to blackberry bold touch?
    07-22-11 04:18 AM
    im preparing to write all my contacts and numbers down and do it the hard way. unless it can utilize Facebook like window mobile does and just adds contacts and numbers that way.
    07-22-11 04:35 AM
    google sync?
    07-22-11 06:17 AM
    google sync?
    bb can use google sync?
    07-22-11 06:32 AM
    yahoo sync works too as well as outlook I'd imagine - I don't use outlook so I don't know. I use yahoo sync and google synce before
    07-22-11 07:19 AM
    My 9650 is all google sync'd.... works like a charm.

I was thinking of getting un-googled and transferring over to Windows Live.... but don't think there is a Windows Live blackberry syncing system.
    07-22-11 08:12 AM
    bb can use google sync?
    Yes

m.google.com/sync from your BB
    07-22-11 08:56 AM
    i dunno if it still works cause i haven't done it in a while...

but does android have a COPY TO SIM option? then u can copy contacts to sim card, pop the sim into the blackberry and then "copy all to contacts"
    07-22-11 09:03 AM
    bb can use google sync?
    Yep, worked with my Storm anyways...
    07-22-11 10:15 AM
    The 9900 will have Google sync integrated into the phone. Simply add your Gmail account to the 9900 and your calendar, email and contacts will sync right up.
    EVOP and dogjustice like this.
    07-22-11 10:46 AM
    Yes there is a program in app world to sync your google contacts. A friend of mine recently went back to Blackberry from an Evo 4G and I preformed the task myself. Not really difficult at all LOL
    07-22-11 11:38 AM
    If you're running your Droid on Verizon, then you should have backup assistant installed on your phone.
    07-22-11 01:37 PM
    i dunno if it still works cause i haven't done it in a while...

but does android have a COPY TO SIM option? then u can copy contacts to sim card, pop the sim into the blackberry and then "copy all to contacts"
    Would maybe work if the Droid had a SIM card. If it did though, it wouldn't work that well. SIM cards are bad at storing information. They only hold 250 contacts, and 1 contact equals one name and one number. So if you have a work, mobile, and home number for John Doe then that would take up three contact slots. Also, the SIM card holds nothing more than a number and name, so if you have notes and addresses they won't be saved.

OP, the best thing to do is setup your gmail account on the new BlackBerry. In the process of setting it up it will ask you if you'd like to sync contacts and/or calendar. If all your contacts are in gmail then everything will get transferred to the new phone.

There's no reason to download any app to do this.
    07-22-11 01:55 PM
    The 9900 will have Google sync integrated into the phone. Simply add your Gmail account to the 9900 and your calendar, email and contacts will sync right up.
    Don't we already have that now? The current BIS can sync Google contacts and calendar, albeit not very well.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    07-22-11 01:58 PM
    Don't we already have that now? The current BIS can sync Google contacts and calendar, albeit not very well.
    Assuming this sync works on the 9900, the answer to your question is NO. I had this headache last week for several days trying to figure out why I had 10x more contacts and triple calendars. I have narrowed the culprit to RIM's BIS google sync, so far it appears I am right..

So if the 9900 can fix this in system (assuming this is more of an OS/software fix though) then I would be even more ecstatic to get a 9900..
    07-22-11 03:27 PM
    Assuming this sync works on the 9900, the answer to your question is NO. I had this headache last week for several days trying to figure out why I had 10x more contacts and triple calendars. I have narrowed the culprit to RIM's BIS google sync, so far it appears I am right..

So if the 9900 can fix this in system (assuming this is more of an OS/software fix though) then I would be even more ecstatic to get a 9900..
    The trick to any form of Google syncing is having one of the databases (on phone or in gmail) completely empty. That way you don't get any duplicates. Another reason people have issues with it is that they have their contact/calendar entries in multiple email accounts (1/3 of contacts are connected to gmail, 1/3 to yahoo, 1/3 to personal account) RIM sure could make it easier for us, but if you understand what you're doing then there won't be any issues.

Concerning the OP's question, there won't be any contacts on their new phone, so the BIS sync will work perfectly for what they want to accomplish.

BTW, the problem with the BIS Google sync isn't with any phone software, it's RIM/Google BIS software. If the BIS software doesn't get updated then all the current issues (as some call them) will still be there.
    07-22-11 03:39 PM
    Would maybe work if the Droid had a SIM card. If it did though, it wouldn't work that well. SIM cards are bad at storing information. They only hold 250 contacts, and 1 contact equals one name and one number. So if you have a work, mobile, and home number for John Doe then that would take up three contact slots. Also, the SIM card holds nothing more than a number and name, so if you have notes and addresses they won't be saved.

OP, the best thing to do is setup your gmail account on the new BlackBerry. In the process of setting it up it will ask you if you'd like to sync contacts and/or calendar. If all your contacts are in gmail then everything will get transferred to the new phone.

There's no reason to download any app to do this.
    puahahaha show how much i know about androids!
    07-22-11 03:42 PM
    puahahaha show how much i know about androids!
    It's not so much Androids, but the network it's on. Verizon is a CDMA network, they don't use SIM cards (GSM networks do). You can get some Androids now that they call "World Phones" that have both CDMA and GSM radios in them. They operate without the SIM card when here in the states, but when you travel elsewhere you can activate the SIM and get global service.
    07-22-11 03:52 PM
    none of these options are working for me. google sync keeps getting errors and backup assistant keeps saying timed out...only gets up to half my contacts then stops at the same place everytime.

a lot of people are having the same issues.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 08-25-11 at 10:47 AM.
    08-25-11 10:43 AM
    Forget syncing your Gmail account, took me 2 mins to get my Gmail contacts into my new 9930. Go into your Gmail account and export your contacts as an Outlook CSV file then sync the file one to way to BlackBerry Address book.

Directions if you don't know how to do that...

How to import contacts from an CSV file to the BlackBerry device
    Last edited by otacon72; 08-25-11 at 11:07 AM.
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    08-25-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD