I'm trading my iPhone for the 9900. Anything I should check the bb for before I make the trade?
    12-09-11 09:28 PM
    12-09-11 10:41 PM
    Get your head examined before trading in your iphone for the 9900...
    I've been a loyal blackberry customer for a very very long time and I'll tell you first hand that the aftermarket support that you get from Apple as compared to Rim (these days) is miles apart. The phone is glitchy and Rim could care less...little to no app support. Rim has really dropped the ball on the "bricking" issue and are basically putting all their resources into BBX...oh wait thats BB10 (they stole someone else's product name are have an injunction against using BBX) which they are hoping can help them recover some of the ground that they lost to Apple and Google...
    As much as I like my phone I'd not trade an iphone for it at the moment...wait a few months to see what develops with BB10...IMO
    12-10-11 02:37 AM
    Get your head examined before trading in your iphone for the 9900...
    I've been a loyal blackberry customer for a very very long time and I'll tell you first hand that the aftermarket support that you get from Apple as compared to Rim (these days) is miles apart. The phone is glitchy and Rim could care less...little to no app support. Rim has really dropped the ball on the "bricking" issue and are basically putting all their resources into BBX...oh wait thats BB10 (they stole someone else's product name are have an injunction against using BBX) which they are hoping can help them recover some of the ground that they lost to Apple and Google...
    As much as I like my phone I'd not trade an iphone for it at the moment...wait a few months to see what develops with BB10...IMO
    I get where you're coming from, but everyone has different needs. You just have to hope you get lucky and yours doesn't brick.
    12-10-11 02:43 AM
    I swapped from iPhone4 to BB9900 when it was released in the UK and I have no regrets at all really from a build quality point of view.

Both my current handset and the original (that was water damaged - long story, search my other posts for details, its funny) have superb build quality and reliability.

The only things I miss are:
    Some location based apps I had
    A speed camera app I used
    Engadget app, a parking payment app (for Edinburgh),

So, as I also use a lot of mobile data, I bought a Desire S on contract with 'all you can eat data'. Use that for apps, streaming music/radio, games and for tethering while im at work. Hardly use it to make calls or texts.

I have no regrets leaving the iPhone at all, the benefits of the 9900 far outweigh any disadvantages.

Steve
    12-10-11 03:15 AM
    Thx for all your input. I've been following the 9900 threads since It came out so I know the issues people have been having. I like some things about my iPhone but I miss my blackberry cause I can't type worth a sh*t on this thing, type, type, backspace, type, etc... I typed flawlessly on my blackberry. But have decided not to trade and to wait until after Xmas and buy one new or off eBay. Keep my iPhone around for apps and use the bb as a daily driver. Biggest thing that has drove me about this iPhone I trying to send multiple word docs from docs to go to multiple address was a royal pain that was always flawless on a bb. I'll join you in the new year
    12-10-11 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD