Hi, I have made a deal with someone to trade my iphone 4 for their bold 9900. I was wondering what are some things to look for before i complete the transaction? The seller says the phone is brand new but i would like to make sure that everything is is working order. thanks in advance for any suggestions
    10-17-11 07:59 PM
    Check for scracthes, wear on keyboard, major dust/pocket lint, make sure trackpad is aligned properly and just make sure everything works on the phone it would be even better if you could meet the person at your carriers store. Then when you test everything they should be able to make sure the esn is clean and should be able to be used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    esuser likes this.
    10-17-11 08:03 PM
    well its the 9900 on bell so its hspa, but i will be calling the carrier to make sure the imei is clean, anything else?
    10-17-11 08:11 PM
    see if there are scratches and make sure the trackpad as stated above
    10-17-11 08:13 PM
    Here is something I posted in another thread you may find helpful;

1. Call-end panel – flush with screen. Shouldn't be able to feel any transition between them.
    2. Trackpad. should be aligned in the center, not mashed to one side or the other of the hole.
    3. Trackpad. should not be leaning to one side or the other.
    4. Trackpad. light around perimeter should be bright white, not to purple or dim.
    5. Trackpad. slightly twisted counter clockwise and not straight in the hole.
    6. Menu and return button. Should give a click and not be 'mushy' or soft feeling.
    7. Screen/backlight color temp. Should be either bright white or light blue. Should not be yellow or dim.
    10-17-11 10:35 PM
    imho, you also need a warranty! Just in case your 9900 bricks itself
    10-17-11 10:43 PM
    well he said its a month old, would i need proof of purchase for warranty? also any way to make sure it works properly aside from just turning it on and playing around with it?
    10-19-11 03:51 PM
    well he said its a month old, would i need proof of purchase for warranty? also any way to make sure it works properly aside from just turning it on and playing around with it?
    Good luck with the warranty part.
    10-19-11 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD