So tonight randomly my trackpad started to squeek... Not sure if anyone has found a fix for this or should I just swap out my blackberry and get another one? Mine was made in mexico 4, I know that a lot of those units have had trouble with their build quality and I'm getting worried that this squeek might be the begenning of more problems that I hadn't seen before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 10:40 PM
    Probably not indicative of a failure but still annoying. I stopped mine from squeaking by gently prying the call-end panel that the trackpad sits in away from the pad. The squeak is caused by it binding against the plastic, at least it was in my case.
    11-08-11 10:43 PM
    Mine is too. I kind of moved the track pad around with my fingernail and it stopped squeeking for the time being. We will see how it goes, thanks for the quick reply!
    11-08-11 10:47 PM
    This is massively common....same here.
    Last edited by pblakk; 11-08-11 at 11:48 PM.
    11-08-11 11:23 PM
    This is massively common....same here.
    Me too. Doesn't bother me much

11-09-11 02:45 AM
    Very common issue. Unless it hinders performance... That is, doesn't function....they won't deem the device defective. Actually indicative of too tight a fit but because the button is "floating" and not secured by a screw then there is no worry of breaking anything. The fact that the top buttons are all under a strip as opposed o individual buttons like the 9700 or 9780 means more play in all the top buttons.

I found mine went away with use. I'm curious now that my device is being repaired in Canada as to whether or not I will get this issue. I've heard of some devices sent in for repair come back better than when first purchased.

I will tell you this though... 2 9700's.... 3 9870's and 2 9900's have had squeeky or jiggly trackpads so I'm used to it.

11-09-11 08:10 AM
    yep! mine squeeks a little but its not annoying.

The squeeking lessens with use though.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 11-09-11 at 06:05 PM.
    11-09-11 02:45 PM
    Try applying oil
    11-09-11 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD