Hi there.

Not two hours ago, my trackpad and keyboard have just contracted issues. Soft/hard resets don't cure it for some reason. My trackpad doesn't seem to want to scroll up or down on the homescreen and some menus. I can only work around it by pressing and holding down "alt". Also, when I want to edit text I inputted, I am unable to move the text cursor using the trackpad. I have to tap the screen to select where I want the cursor.

The keyboard's problem is equally as annoying and challenging. I have to type slower than average speed to make sure that what I am typing is correct. When I type my usual speed, it now seems to miss out a load of characters i.e. An actual example of typing: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" comes up as "the quic brow fx jumps over the lzy dg".

I am running OS 7.1.0.74. I want to downgrade back to a vrsion of OS 7.0 but I don't know how to do so. I am also unable to bring up the Help Me! Screen due to it probably not ale to pick up three keys pressed at once.

Thanks for ay help ad suggestions.
    12-12-11 08:10 AM
    You can always connect to Desktop Manager and downgrade. Go into Device > Update my device > View other versions and all the carrier released OS's should be there. Prior builds will say (downgrade).

Or, download the version of BB7.0 you want, and install it on your PC. Remove the two vendor.xml files if you use another carrier's OS. Launch loader.exe and click thru the prompts.

A step-by-step guide is in the link in my signature.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-12-11 at 08:23 AM.
    12-12-11 08:19 AM
    Thanks, I've downgraded to the official OS 7.0 from my carrier and just wait it out for an official OS 7.1 to be released. I've been having problems with the hotspot option anyway.
    12-12-11 02:54 PM
    I hope it sorts it for you.

I found that the longer I ran 7.1 for the buggier it became.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-12-11 05:15 PM
    Thanks, I've downgraded to the official OS 7.0 from my carrier and just wait it out for an official OS 7.1 to be released. I've been having problems with the hotspot option anyway.
    Glad you got it back to something that works for you. I've seen several reports about the 7.1 leak that's out there being super crappy.
    12-12-11 05:22 PM
    Hi there.

Not two hours ago, my trackpad and keyboard have just contracted issues. Soft/hard resets don't cure it for some reason. My trackpad doesn't seem to want to scroll up or down on the homescreen and some menus. I can only work around it by pressing and holding down "alt". Also, when I want to edit text I inputted, I am unable to move the text cursor using the trackpad. I have to tap the screen to select where I want the cursor.

The keyboard's problem is equally as annoying and challenging. I have to type slower than average speed to make sure that what I am typing is correct. When I type my usual speed, it now seems to miss out a load of characters i.e. An actual example of typing: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" comes up as "the quic brow fx jumps over the lzy dg".

I am running OS 7.1.0.74. I want to downgrade back to a vrsion of OS 7.0 but I don't know how to do so. I am also unable to bring up the Help Me! Screen due to it probably not ale to pick up three keys pressed at once.

Thanks for ay help ad suggestions.
    Hi, wasn't clear from the thread, were you able to resolve the issue by downgrading. I have the exact same issue as you.
    01-03-12 09:44 AM
    My trackpad stopped working (phone is 2 months old).

Annoying indeed. Haven't read about any real solution yet.
    Last edited by Playbook2011; 02-19-12 at 07:07 AM.
    02-18-12 04:23 PM
    Have you tried to reload the OS?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-18-12 04:41 PM
    I'm on the latest 7.1 leak and phone running a treat, lovin the 9900!!!!!
    02-18-12 05:05 PM
    I'll try to reload the OS.

Reading the 101 notes on loading OS.
    02-22-12 05:20 PM
    On a final note, replacing the keyboard/track pad did solve the issue.

The repair person mentioned that the track pad does appear to be sensitive to oils (like lotions).
    05-12-12 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD