There's an issue with my trackpad while browsing the web. I noticed I can just hover my finger over the trackpad without touching it and the cursor will start to move on it's own.

I can never seem to move the cursor smoothly across the screen. It always ends up jumping up and down.

I tried adjusting the sensitivity level to 20 and it still behaves like this.

At first I thought it was a software issue, but now I think it could be hardware related. I'm not sure. Should I exchange it for a new one?
    08-27-11 04:37 PM
    yes...can only get worse
    08-27-11 04:43 PM
    i had the exact same problem as you describe.
    i upergraded my OS from 7.0.0.296 (now .353) and i dont have any issues with the trackpad anymore

but i did many things on my phone as restoring my old phone options etc. in the end i dont know what did the job for me but its solved now... but i can assume its software bug and not a defect hardware.

if nothing work for you then try to exchnage it
    Last edited by KoreAairlines; 08-27-11 at 05:16 PM.
    08-27-11 05:13 PM
    I noticed I can just hover my finger over the trackpad without touching it and the cursor will start to move on it's own.
    That in itself is nothing to worry about, all optical trackpads are operational when you hover your thumb just above them. My 9700 was the same.
    08-27-11 05:45 PM
    That in itself is nothing to worry about, all optical trackpads are operational when you hover your thumb just above them. My 9700 was the same.
    I can also confirm this! My 9700 has a mind of its own when I hover my finger above the track pad, mind you I have to be so close im almost touching it.
    08-27-11 07:27 PM
    Having same problem,must exchange phone....
    08-27-11 08:56 PM
    Its pretty effortless to update the OS so try that first - I think this is a hardware issue though which will require you to return it.
    08-27-11 10:31 PM
    Well for some reason when I"m outside, the trackpad works perfectly. But when I'm at home in my room, the trackpad behaves crazy.

The light source must have some kind of effect on the trackpad. Oh well..
    08-28-11 01:29 PM
    I've had some issue with the trackpad itself but, I think it's not the trackpad but how close it is the touchscreen. I've noticed the mouse will jump up and down like you said when I bump the screen using the trackpad in the browser. So it's likely not the trackpad but, just the position with the touchscreen.

Just what I've observed.
    08-28-11 01:44 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

There is a recent thread on light sestivity of the pad but I can't locate it at the moment. Do a search over the last 7 days and you should find it. I think it was a hardware issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD