Someone told me theirs was doing the same thing, and read others were as well. THey also said the new leaked software fixed the issue. Any info on this?
    09-01-11 01:15 AM
    Hi Guys, so I switched back to Black from my iPhone 4 last night and got the 9930. Overall, I think it is a keeper. However, my trackpad / cursor seem to be acting sporadic and it jumps all over the place right after I use it some times. For example, if I scroll down to the bottom of the menu or page, it will shoot the cursor back up to the top. Anyone else have these issues?
    09-01-11 07:33 AM
    You have a defective trackpad or unit, take it back for an exchange
    09-01-11 07:36 AM
    Someone told me theirs was doing the same thing, and read others were as well. THey also said the new leaked software fixed the issue. Any info on this?
    09-01-11 08:16 AM
    Then load up the leaked version and see if it fixes the issue for u...if it doesnt then go back to the original shipped firmware and take it back for a replacement.
    09-01-11 08:17 AM
    Here is some info. Do a quick search and you will see it is only a software issue with VZ. Since they take forever to send us os updates, take the leaked version and you will be glad you did.http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ts-own-640800/
    09-01-11 08:47 AM
    No its NOT a phone issue! Load OS leaked .353 its tge best version out there and it resloves the trackpad issues....trust me I had same issue. .353 is a awesome build and has worked flawlessly on my phone. Load that leak up and it will most definitely fix your issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 09:49 AM
    No its NOT a phone issue! Load OS leaked .353 its tge best version out there and it resloves the trackpad issues....trust me I had same issue. .353 is a awesome build and has worked flawlessly on my phone. Load that leak up and it will most definitely fix your issue.

I concur. I also had the same issue until .353. This version totally fixed it, among other things.
    09-01-11 11:33 AM
    Still seeing the cursor moving up on its own even with leaked .353 OS. Annoying when it happens in the web browser but extremely irritating when it happens in BBM or whatsapp - I could be typing a response and suddenly the cursor is off the text entry box and scrolling up by itself.

Am thinking of wiping the darn thing and flashing .353 again before I take it back to the shop.
    09-05-11 12:01 PM
    I actually traded mine in on another one on Thursday. Trackpad issue fixed. In fact, the new one is almost not fluid enough (with the stock setting). I had to adjust it were it had more movement. Still going to download .353 though. FYI - both of mine were Mexico 5's. 2nd one seems great though.
    09-05-11 12:20 PM
    Mine is a Hungary 2 unit.
    09-05-11 12:22 PM
    I'm using a Hungary 2 set and had carrier's .261 stock OS. Had the issue. Loaded .353 and still having the same issue, albiet, not as frequent. As I BBM heavily, this irritates the **** out of me.

09-05-11 05:36 PM
    It isn't the device. Check your sensitivity and hover settings. Also, if using the trackpad to scroll up sometimes your finger will slide on to the screen and click an active link.

Too many people here are too quick to want to jump to the "defective device" conclusion. 99% of the time the issues are user issues and not device related.

Cheers and good luck.

I personally am not a "leaked o/s" guy ... I like official releases only but to each their own.

09-05-11 06:04 PM
    All five of the ones I tested did this, so I would guess the other firmware is your hope to smooth it out.
    09-05-11 06:09 PM
    It isn't the device. Check your sensitivity and hover settings. Also, if using the trackpad to scroll up sometimes your finger will slide on to the screen and click an active link.
    Actually, the auto-scroll/drift upwards thing happens even when I leave the cursor right in the middle of the screen and then take my fingers off the screen/keyboard/touchpad.
    09-05-11 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD