View Poll Results: What do you use more, Track Pad or Touch Screen?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Most of the time i use the Touch Screen, ocasionally the Track Pad.

16 30.77%
  • Most of the time I use the Track Pad, ocassionally the Touch Screen.

17 32.69%
  • Only the Touch Screen.

0 0%
  • Only the Track pade

3 5.77%
  • 50/50 Split

16 30.77%
    Which do you use more?

I switched from an all touch screen phone and i am surprised how often i choose to use the track pad over the touch screen. Dont get me wrong, i do use use the touch screen plenty, but i remember thinking "why put a track pad on if it's a touch screen" but boy was I wrong.

*edit, damn can't edit poll typo
    Last edited by iBerry9930; 09-18-11 at 01:41 AM.
    09-18-11 01:37 AM
    For the first couple weeks, I found myself almost exclusively using the trackpad. Then, I started using the touchscreen more and more to select an app or choose what to search when I start typing a universal search. I don't, however, use the touchscreen in the browser since it's, well, terrible.

I really noticed my growing habit when I (very briefly) went back to an old Bold 9650... The lack of touch input drove me crazy!
    09-18-11 02:50 AM
    I don't use the screen as much as I thought I would. The touch pad is really accurate and slides nice, I rarely need to use the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 12:09 PM
    I use both but I use the track pad the most. It convenient where it is located on the device. This is what makes this device so nice to type on and navigation is easy with the track pad.
    09-18-11 12:12 PM
    Trackpad almost exclusively for navigating thru and clicking within menus, and for small precise movements. Touch everywhere else.
    09-18-11 12:31 PM
    I use both... Some things are easier with the trackpad, and some things are easier by touching the screen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 12:45 PM
    Both have uses. The phone is sized *perfectly* for one handed use while using the thumb to touch and scroll. I do find myself using the trackpad when say editing settings in apps and such. The controls tend to be a tad small for me there.

One interesting thing that has been noted -- when switching between the touch and trackpad the motions are opposite. For touch you swipe up to scroll down. For the trackpad you swipe down to scroll down. Not hard but just feels a little strange sometimes when changing to me. RIM should add a setting to allow the trackpad behavior to be changed to match the touchscreen.
    09-18-11 12:50 PM
    I use the touchscreen for scrolling and selecting apps and such and use the trackpad for very precise selections like links in the browser.

09-18-11 01:10 PM
    I also use both, mostly use the touch screen to select apps and the touchpad to scroll.

09-18-11 01:18 PM
    The touchscreen, almost always.
    09-18-11 04:04 PM
    I use both and love the option to use both, just depends on the mood. Truly a unique device and still can't believe how much I really like this thing.

09-18-11 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD