So, my 9930 bricked the other day. I just picked up my "new" one from Sprint. Everything looks great except one thing: the track pad is basically flush w/ the other buttons. On my previous phone, the track pad was raised slightly.

Does anyone else have a 99XX with a track pad like this? It just feels weird right now, but I'll probably get used to it.
    01-17-12 05:56 PM
    Mine's raised and 98% square. Works fine though so not worried. Prefer that to bricking.
    01-17-12 06:13 PM
    Yeah, I'll get used to it. It's just different. Glad to know it isn't a "one of a kind" problem. ha. Thanks guys.
    01-17-12 07:07 PM
    Mine's flush with the screen which is kind of annoying because I'll often over swipe hit the touch-screen. This is the most recessed trackpad I've ever seen on a BlackBerry.
    01-17-12 11:49 PM
    Mine is in the middle. Just where you want it to be
    01-18-12 12:39 AM
    My trackpad sits slightly higher than the screen surface. At first it was odd and I was accidently swipping the screen when scrolling up on the trackpad.

After awhile though, I can swipe up on the track pad and not hit the touch screen anymore. Very odd but I got used to it and no more problems.
    01-18-12 02:32 AM
    If my trackpad were flush, I'd be totally bummed. I'm not looking where my thumb is at when I'm doing something on the screen. May sound silly, but I need some tactile feedback, otherwise I'd have "thumb drift". If I were the OP, I'd consider exchanging the phone.
    01-18-12 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD