I'm thinking I should do a battery pull, just for good measure, but the battery door is pretty sturdy and I'm afraid to break it (with all my manly, man strength). Should I just give it a good tug (nh)? Or is there a secret to the way it releases?

EDIT: I use MeterBerry for reboots. Is that sufficient on its own?
    10-02-11 11:15 PM
    Just give it a good tug. It's snug that's for sure.
    10-02-11 11:15 PM
    I honestly couldn't get it opened the first time and had to use a tool to pry it open. Now its loosen up a bit and comes off a bit easier but still very tough. Just keep yanking and it'll come (a word that rhymes with yanking and means to come off).
    10-02-11 11:19 PM
    Thanks, all. Gave it a good pull (closed my eyes for a brief prayer) and got it. The reboot on this thing is a slow one. Or maybe it feels like its taking a while because I'm watching it?
    10-02-11 11:24 PM
    Thanks, all. Gave it a good pull (closed my eyes for a brief prayer) and got it. The reboot on this thing is a slow one. Or maybe it feels like its taking a while because I'm watching it?
    I clock in about a 1:20-1:40 depending.
    10-02-11 11:24 PM
    Okay, mine is definitely longer than that. It's stalled about 3/4s of the way up.
    10-02-11 11:26 PM
    Okay, mine is definitely longer than that. It's stalled about 3/4s of the way up.
    Try connecting it to your DM on your desk/laptop or Mac.
    ThatsAngel likes this.
    10-02-11 11:28 PM
    That's the next step. I did my reboot with the battery down to about 8%, so maybe the pull sucked the last bit of life out of it?
    10-02-11 11:30 PM
    That's the next step. I did my reboot with the battery down to about 8%, so maybe the pull sucked the last bit of life out of it?
    Could be, depending on how calibrated your power and indicator are....(shrugs)
    10-02-11 11:31 PM
    Is holding ctrl/alt/del the same as doing a battery pull? I figured it was so doing that I didn't need to always open/close the battery and make it loose.
    10-02-11 11:31 PM
    Is holding ctrl/alt/del the same as doing a battery pull? I figured it was so doing that I didn't need to always open/close the battery and make it loose.
    Yes it is. Soft reset as they call it, but essentially the same thing.
    10-02-11 11:32 PM
    Booted up fine now after plugging it into my PC. We can all go back inside now. Crisis averted. This phone's been scaring the heck out of me for 48 hours now.
    10-02-11 11:32 PM
    I wasn't worried. My 9900 is working great
    10-02-11 11:34 PM
    use a debit card or credit card and put it in your shirt (so the plastic doesn't scratch he battery door) and then push the battery door up towards the camera so the two little prongs can separate from the bottom edge of where the battery door touches the actual phone.

It seems weird, but it works really well.
    10-03-11 06:07 AM
    alt+shift+del
    10-03-11 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD