I've been Using blackberry bold 9900 since January and if found out if you put your device on the table (the device doesn't touch with your skin) and you touch the touchscreen, the touchscreen is not working.... i feel weird about it and i try it with my friends whose using blackberry 9900 too. and some of is not working and some of it is working...

is this a defection or all blackberry bold 9900 is like that?

Thank's
    07-17-12 10:04 PM
    I'm not having this issue you speak of. Working just fine.
    07-17-12 10:10 PM
    not having that issue at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-17-12 10:13 PM
    My touch screen works when I'm not holding it.
    07-17-12 10:21 PM
    I've been Using blackberry bold 9900 since January and if found out if you put your device on the table (the device doesn't touch with your skin) and you touch the touchscreen, the touchscreen is not working.... i feel weird about it and i try it with my friends whose using blackberry 9900 too. and some of is not working and some of it is working...

Thank's
    what are u trying to touch the screen with?
    07-17-12 10:31 PM
    I can't use my touch screen unless its in my hand as well. I just figured its a OS deal since I'm running leaked 7.1.0.267. Anybody else having this issue on 267 or any other build? Would like to know. Thanks
    07-17-12 10:33 PM
    I can't use my touch screen unless its in my hand as well. I just figured its a OS deal since I'm running leaked 7.1.0.267. Anybody else having this issue on 267 or any other build? Would like to know. Thanks
    How can the OS change if the hardware detects your holding the device?
    07-17-12 10:38 PM
    I don't find it weird or bad...
    Screen is one of the most resource (power here ..) hungry component in modern smartphone.

This is among one of clever trick where touch features can be disabled partially of fully to save power.
    iOS/ Android doesn't do it..that's their problem, people don't mind charging them frequently..
    07-17-12 10:55 PM
    How can the OS change if the hardware detects your holding the device?
    Sensors in motion...
    e.g. Accelerometer: motion input & Orientation sensing
    07-17-12 11:01 PM
    I don't find it weird or bad...
    Screen is one of the most resource (power here ..) hungry component in modern smartphone.

This is among one of clever trick where touch features can be disabled partially of fully to save power.
    iOS/ Android doesn't do it..that's their problem, people don't mind charging them frequently..

If, and it's a huge if, they did somehow design the ability to defeat touch sensors, when the phone wasn't being held (I've never experienced this issue, and do believe it's either the result of defective hardware, or the result of the surface the phone is on), how would it affect battery life?
    07-17-12 11:03 PM
    I've experienced the same thing
    07-17-12 11:08 PM
    I've experienced the same thing
    I've also experienced this issue, thought I was just being paranoid.
    07-18-12 04:52 AM

Thank's
    This has been posted many times and I do not think that anything was discovered except it works for some and not others. Have not heard of a reason why.
    07-18-12 05:08 AM
    All working fine here on 523.

Don't wear nylon underwear! He He.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    llch81 likes this.
    07-18-12 05:23 AM
    Working fine. Never encountered this issue on my 9900 or any other 9900 (Have a bunch of friends who use the 9900)
    07-18-12 05:49 AM
    I have the same issue with my 9900 as well. Well, I would exactly call it an issue as it didn't bother me at all.
    07-18-12 06:30 AM
    I have a 9930 but have always been able to use ts while the device is flat on a surface...desk, coffee table, laptop, etc.

Sorry for your troubles. I have a hybrid OS but have never experienced it on any OS.
    07-18-12 07:12 AM
    My 9930 touchscreen works fine on flat surfaces. I've never heard of that problem.
    07-18-12 07:53 AM
    Just placed my 9930 down on my desk. In addition, the bb is securely encased in an Otterbox Defender so I'm pretty insulated even when I am holding it. I can touch an icon and the app opens.
    07-18-12 10:05 AM

Thank's
    you're indonesian right ?
    i'm indonesian too .. and of course have this problem .
    my touchscreen still works if the device is not my hand , but it'll be very very not responsive , and sometimes the touchscreen won't respon anything . sometimes when i scroll it seems like i put off my finger from the screen actually i'm not .
    i've already ask in indonesian forum that problem was in your screenguard . you are use screenguard right ?? if you used it , so maybe the problem was in there .
    the quality of your screenguard was not so good .
    the solution is , try to remove your screen guard . and try to touch "device was not in your hand" .. i used bad screenguard , because i bought it very cheap but i will find a better screenguard in the future . just use my old screenguard first with the touch problem that i wasn't annoyed for now .

if you don't use screenguard . i don't know what the problem is . maybe the hardware problem .

hopefully you will not get a hardware failure because in indonesian , the replacement unit for the 9900 bold can be worse than your blackberry now .. many of my friends get a replacement unit for their 9900 but the problem was worse than their previous device .

so it's your luck if you use screen guard and you can try my solution , if you doesn't , i don't know what will happened next .

Sorry for my very bad english
    07-18-12 10:08 AM
    Just placed my 9930 down on my desk. In addition, the bb is securely encased in an Otterbox Defender so I'm pretty insulated even when I am holding it. I can touch an icon and the app opens.
    Yeah bud, I'm using a TPU myself. That's what leads me to think maybe the surface could be the issue.

Magnetic field perhaps?
    07-18-12 10:09 AM
    you're indonesian right ?
    i'm indonesian too .. and of course have this problem .
    my touchscreen still works if the device is not my hand , but it'll be very very not responsive , and sometimes the touchscreen won't respon anything . sometimes when i scroll it seems like i put off my finger from the screen actually i'm not .
    i've already ask in indonesian forum that problem was in your screenguard . you are use screenguard right ?? if you used it , so maybe the problem was in there .
    the quality of your screenguard was not so good .
    the solution is , try to remove your screen guard . and try to touch "device was not in your hand" .. i used bad screenguard , because i bought it very cheap but i will find a better screenguard in the future . just use my old screenguard first with the touch problem that i wasn't annoyed for now .

if you don't use screenguard . i don't know what the problem is . maybe the hardware problem .

hopefully you will not get a hardware failure because in indonesian , the replacement unit for the 9900 bold can be worse than your blackberry now .. many of my friends get a replacement unit for their 9900 but the problem was worse than their previous device .

so it's your luck if you use screen guard and you can try my solution , if you doesn't , i don't know what will happened next .

Sorry for my very bad english
    Not sure how a screen protector would affect the response out of your hand. I do have one on mine also.

PS - Your English is fine. Much better than my Wulfanese�.
    07-18-12 10:13 AM
    I just tried my 9900 on different surfaces (metal appliance, wood coffee table on carpet, tile counter) in and out of a case it works.

I would like to know from those who have problems if you have to touch the metal band for the touch screen to work. Does it still work if you lay it flat in an open hand without touching the metal band?

Just a guess but try cleaning the battery contacts. Especially the negative.
    07-18-12 11:08 AM
    Not sure how a screen protector would affect the response out of your hand. I do have one on mine also.

PS - Your English is fine. Much better than my Wulfanese�.
    wow . so do you have the same problem too ? with the screen protector ?
    07-18-12 11:14 AM
    Back when I first bought my 9900 I did experience some of what is being posted here.

If I laid my device on a table or something and tried to interact with it (Just the touch screen), it would sometimes become unresponsive, but that hasn't happened for a long time.
    07-18-12 11:16 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD