Hi I have a Bold 9900 and it seems during a phonecalls the touchscreen is non responsive. This means I can't answer a call-waiting or use the speakerphone. Anyone have ideas?
    The touchscreen works fine otherwise. I've tried battery pulls with no change.

I can't upgrade the OS due to restrictions from my employer.

What could cause this? Are there any hard buttons to use speaker phone or answer call-waiting?
    07-27-12 06:52 AM
    do you have a case on the phone that blocks the proximity sensor? its what disables the screen when the phone is pressed against your face. this sensor malfunctioning or blocked by an improperly fitted case could cause the problem you are having.
    07-27-12 06:58 AM
    Hmm interesting. No I don't have a case, but perhaps this sensors is malfunctioning. Thanks!

Where is this sensor?
    07-27-12 08:11 AM
    should be up next to the LED opening or part of it i believe. on other models, its behind the dark cover, so it isnt easily seen unless under bright light.

EDIT: its one of the two dark spots....the smaller of the two i think, the larger being the LED

Last edited by dictoresno; 07-27-12 at 08:45 AM.
    07-27-12 08:42 AM
    Hi I have a Bold 9900 and it seems during a phonecalls the touchscreen is non responsive. This means I can't answer a call-waiting or use the speakerphone. Anyone have ideas?

The touchscreen works fine otherwise. I've tried battery pulls with no change.

I can't upgrade the OS due to restrictions from my employer.

What could cause this? Are there any hard buttons to use speaker phone or answer call-waiting?

Does the screen remain lit or does it go dark? If it remains lit, you can use the trackpad to navigate the call screen. Also, the $key will activate the speaker phone and the ٮcall button (left of the key) will answer call waiting, but you will need a lit screen to confirm.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    07-27-12 09:24 AM
    It's lit for a split second when a call waiting arrives, but it quickly goes dark. Thanks for the hard key tips, that'll get me by till I get this fixed/replaced.
    07-29-12 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD