I find that the touch screen is way too sensitive during phone calls for certain things. For example:

If my phone starts ringing while in my pocket, I've activated speakerphone to answer the call without realizing it, which was slightly embarrassing at work. And that is while the phone is password locked in my pocket. That doesn't matter once an inbound call is coming in.

Two times I've also added a participant to a call while holding the phone against my face with my shoulder.

I'd like to hear if others have had similar issues and if you have any tips to help with this.
    03-05-12 10:09 AM
    make sure you have the phone close to your ear, there is a proximity sensor beside the LED.

it turns the screen off while using it.

now if the issues arise, try another 99xx as your sensor might be faulty
    03-05-12 10:22 AM
    I've accidentally put a couple of calls on speaker. Figure I probably touched it between pushing to answer & getting the phone to my ear. I just try to be mindful of it.
    03-05-12 03:07 PM
    Or may be you have a malfunctioning sensor. Make sure the sensor located right beside the LED indicator is working properly. One way I test it is to cover it with my finger and see if the backlight goes off right away. This is not a reliable test, but better than nothing.
    03-05-12 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Just tried it and the screen immediately went black when I put my finger over it. I knew it was me...
    03-05-12 06:07 PM
    I've had the same issues with turning on speaker phone accidentally with the ear piece against my ear. I just try to hold it more carefully. Also, and for some reason this doesn't always work, but once I begin the call and connect, I press the lock button on the top of the phone. For me, this has helped on many occasions.
    03-05-12 07:58 PM
    sometimes, my phone will timeout and lock while i am on a call...and it wont unlock, until you hit end, which ends the call. it's so annoying. it renders my phone useless until i say "i have to hang up and call you back" or i freak and say "my phone is locked again and i have to send a text, but the only way to do that is by ending the call and calling you back"
    03-05-12 09:29 PM
    The loud speaker thing happens to me at least once or twice a day and its bloody annoying. I even feel sometimes that its a design flaw , then thought it could be because of the Capdase case that i use.

Also once i was on a long call, then i suddenly notice the actual caller was on hold and a new call was dialing. Its really embarrasing at times.
    03-05-12 10:24 PM
    sometimes, my phone will timeout and lock while i am on a call...and it wont unlock, until you hit end, which ends the call. it's so annoying. it renders my phone useless until i say "i have to hang up and call you back" or i freak and say "my phone is locked again and i have to send a text, but the only way to do that is by ending the call and calling you back"
    I'm not really following this...If your phone locks while you're on a call, just type your password and hit enter and it should unlock, no? Or if the screen locks...hit the top button to unlock the screen and then type the password and hit enter. Or if when you unlock the screen using the top button, and then you're with a phone screen (and you can't type the password) hit the back key, select yes for go to home screen, and then type the password. In any of the above scenarios, there is no need to hit the end key and terminate the call.
    03-05-12 11:16 PM
    I too have the problem of the touchscreen all of the sudden becoming sensitive during a call, then I accidently added someone to the call...
    03-06-12 02:53 AM
    I'm not really following this...If your phone locks while you're on a call, just type your password and hit enter and it should unlock, no? Or if the screen locks...hit the top button to unlock the screen and then type the password and hit enter. Or if when you unlock the screen using the top button, and then you're with a phone screen (and you can't type the password) hit the back key, select yes for go to home screen, and then type the password. In any of the above scenarios, there is no need to hit the end key and terminate the call.
    nope. promise you the only way to solve it is to hit, believe me i've tried countless times...i'll slam on the lock button and the clear key (to turn screen on and be able to exit to home screen), as well as holding down menu...doesn't work...have to end call. it's annoying.
    03-06-12 11:10 AM
    nope. promise you the only way to solve it is to hit, believe me i've tried countless times...i'll slam on the lock button and the clear key (to turn screen on and be able to exit to home screen), as well as holding down menu...doesn't work...have to end call. it's annoying.
    I tried re-creating the problem for myself...I changed my setting to lock after 1 minute...but I couldn't get the phone to lock while I was on a call. Maybe because I have the Allow phone calls while locked box checked. Have you tried checking this box? Maybe that will solve the problem.
    03-06-12 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD