I have had my bold 9900 for a few days and it only started just now that the touch screen suddenly stopped working altogether for no apparently recent, I tried batt pull and it still the same, did I accidentally turn off touch screen somehow or what should I do?

Bold 9900
    FW 7.0.0.261
    09-20-11 12:14 PM
    No way to turn it off.

If you are sure it isnt working, try going somewhere else, (not near a tesla device lol) and try again.

the touch screen works with electricity so if there is feedback around you, it may not work.
    09-20-11 12:29 PM
    Same thing happened to me on my Bold 9900. Tho I werent an *** and made a ruckus about it Do a batt pull , pull the sd card out and reinsert the bat again. See if that work for u It worked for me
    09-20-11 01:53 PM
    I flash the rom and installed a newer version of the fw now it's working fine, took almost 2 hours to get everything back up and running though ><
    09-20-11 02:51 PM
    I did a battery pull and that fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 08:44 AM
    Wow the same thing just happened to me. Strange i kinda like it with no touchscreen......a little bit. (I actually got used to it)
    09-24-11 09:08 AM
    yep batt pull did it. ....oh well
    09-24-11 09:24 AM
    having problems with a new bold 9900 from Bell in canada. Touch screen was working but now it isnt working anymore... did a battery pull, not working. any ideas?

10-08-11 09:57 PM
    factory reset (back up first ) if that doesnt work reload os
    10-08-11 09:59 PM
    Wow the same thing just happened to me. Strange i kinda like it with no touchscreen......a little bit. (I actually got used to it)
    Really? This phone is so unique and awesome with the touchscreen. Without it it's just another bb.

10-08-11 10:01 PM
    Really? This phone is so unique and awesome with the touchscreen. Without it it's just another bb.

i tottaly agree i wish us cellular would get it
    10-08-11 10:05 PM
    yes I have got the same problem
    If I take out the SIM and the SD card and reboot, then replace them and reboot the touch screen *sometimes* comes good.
    I have only had this phone about a week and already it has become very flakey.. will also do a weird reboot with the led indicator on at times when the touch screen fails.
    Is this likely to be a software or hardware issue?
    10-23-11 07:20 PM
    Just experienced this problem aswell... Strange thing is that it lied about my battery life too, said 18% and touchscreen wouldn't work (after it randomly rebooted by litself last night with LED on) then after battery pull, my touchscreen works and battery life is 60% even after it charged all night?... Must have been a battery issue as it didn't charge right either. Just hope it never happens again, I got scared

11-17-11 09:18 AM
    I've had my Sprint 9930 for almost 2 months now and have had to reboot my ohone coinisistently at least once a day! The touchscreen continually stops working. Will this ever get fixed? I upgraded from blackberry curve 8830 and never had to reboot my phone so much! I've reloaded the os already and that still has not fixed the touchscreen issue.

12-11-11 08:05 AM
    Touchscreen doesn't work when the 9900 is laid flat on a table.
    12-11-11 08:34 PM
    You guys should try an OS update!!
    12-11-11 10:08 PM
    You guys should try an OS update!!
    Which version do you have?
    12-18-11 10:42 PM
    Does an os update cure this problem? I just now, after 3 months of ownership, got this issue. I'm still on .254 os and never upgraded because this thing has been flawless to date. I have pulled the battery twice so far any other recommendations?

***UPDATE: and just like that, a third battery pull jump starts it?? Weird....
    Last edited by FuzzyB; 12-22-11 at 07:03 AM.
    12-22-11 06:59 AM
    well, this is a flagship device after all...
    12-22-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD