I've had the VZ 9930 for four days now and it's been flawless until today. For some reason the screen does not respond to any touch. I reboot it and it works for a little bit of time, usually until I use some app or make a phone call. Otherwise works perfectly fine with trackpad. Anyone else experience that, or have any solution ideas?
    08-26-11 11:53 PM
    Just the obvious ones now that you've done a battery pull i.e. reload the OS. Maybe load one app at a time after that to see if it is the app that's conflicting with it. If it is still doing it after then I would return since you're only 4 days into it.
    bobj66 likes this.
    08-26-11 11:56 PM
    try pressing the middle button on the right side of the phone...I'm not sure this will do the trick, but i somehow I pressed something and my keyboard wasn't working for a brief time and like a kid on crack, I was sweating for a bit..once I pressed it, I was back in biz.
    08-27-11 12:03 AM
    You can probably sell your bb for a bunch of money. There are people on this forum who think that the phone is awesome but would like a version without the touchscreen.
    08-27-11 12:12 AM
    go for a replacement but you can 'clean" install a fresh OS to see if it stops. if its doesnt stop, please go for a replace ASAP bcos it might be an hardware problem.
    mobibiz likes this.
    08-27-11 02:09 AM
    you can probably sell your bb for a bunch of money. There are people on this forum who think that the phone is awesome but would like a version without the touchscreen.
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    08-27-11 02:25 AM
    I've had the VZ 9930 for four days now and it's been flawless until today. For some reason the screen does not respond to any touch. I reboot it and it works for a little bit of time, usually until I use some app or make a phone call. Otherwise works perfectly fine with trackpad. Anyone else experience that, or have any solution ideas?
    The exact same thing just happened to me this morning. I LOVE this phone, but now that the screen doesn't work it's killing me. Last night I plugged it into Desktop Manager and it "updated" the software - then the screen stopped working. UGH
    08-31-11 09:20 AM
    I've been experiencing the same issue

Battery pull fixes it, but it is still pretty annoying
    09-12-11 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD