I have had my new Blackberry Bold 9930 for one week. I love it. There is just one major problem. The touch screen quit working over the weekend. I 've done a battery pull with & without the sim card. I am frustrated with phones in general. At the beginning of August I bought an Android & hated it. I thougth my frustrations w/cell phone was over last week after I went back to a Blackberry. Does anyone have any other suggestions????? If not I will be going back to Sprint after work today.
    08-29-11 07:17 AM
    You need to exchange your handset with a new one. I do not know of any fix for touchscreen problems.

Hope it works out for you though.

Cheers,
    adtravis likes this.
    08-29-11 07:33 AM
    Try to reload your software that should work. The software that came with the device is not stable in my mind. I am still having several issues with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    adtravis likes this.
    08-29-11 07:41 AM
    I just got done chatting w/a Sprint rep who says that I need to return the phone & get another one. I am not looking forward to wasting more time!!!! I like th ephone otherwise. I hope it's just a lemon?
    08-29-11 10:04 AM
    I saw a similar thread on here and followed those suggestions... now i'm back in business. Good luck. Here's what I did and posted:

"Good call. Took out the SIM, took out the MicroSD and relaced it, replaced battery and fired it up - touch screen is responsive now!!"
    08-31-11 10:00 AM
    Don't muck aorund with software or try and fix it. This is a new phone. Take it back to the store and get a replacement.
    08-31-11 10:11 AM
    Don't muck aorund with software or try and fix it. This is a new phone. Take it back to the store and get a replacement.
    Agree! If it took anything more than making sure the battery was in fully, hitting the Sprint store definitely the next step. With the SIM (which I don't use) and the microSD located where they are, it helps to make sure the battery is sitting in place properly, which mine wasn't.
    08-31-11 11:32 PM
    I saw a similar thread on here and followed those suggestions... now i'm back in business. Good luck. Here's what I did and posted:

"Good call. Took out the SIM, took out the MicroSD and relaced it, replaced battery and fired it up - touch screen is responsive now!!"
    Thank you very much! I tried this and it worked! If it continues in the next week, I will return it to Sprint.
    09-03-11 12:37 PM
    I had this problem but I think I might have caused it by downloading a beta app without deleting the old beta version first. Anyway I was about to swap it out but decided to do a backup and then did a security wipe. It worked. The screen was fine after that.
    09-03-11 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD