08-29-11 06:19 PM
31 12
tools
    Its not a killer but it may pull people away from the Torch series

Rim always makes a handful of styles, it would seem natural they would make a slider, a flip, a mini candy bar, a candy bar, and eventually another type of slider

So I don't see these phones in competition, just kinda options.

Thats why they are all given the same specs pretty much. OF course the Bold being flagship gets mobile hotspot
    Great points. I myself came from a Bold 9000, which I loved, to the Torch for the bigger display and better browser. The touch screen was just an added bonus that I now can't live without. If this new Bold Touch comes close to the same browsing experience as the T1, it will definitely be my next phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 11:44 PM
    Great points. I myself came from a Bold 9000, which I loved, to the Torch for the bigger display and better browser. The touch screen was just an added bonus that I now can't live without. If this new Bold Touch comes close to the same browsing experience as the T1, it will definitely be my next phone.

I had a 9000 and switched to a 9700. I am more inclined to get a Torch 2, rather than a Dakota, since I prefer a larger screen. I probably would not use the actual touchscreen on either device, but the bigger real estate would be the deal breaker for me.
    01-29-11 11:46 PM
    One consideration if you don't intend using either touchscreen much is whether you will benefit more from the wider, but slightly smaller screen of the Dakota or the longer screen of the Torch since obviously their orientations for the 640 part of their resolution are not the same.
    01-30-11 09:15 AM
    I tried out both the 9930 and the 9810 for the first time today. I have to say, I preferred the Torch. That surprised me immensely because I hated the first Torch and have been a Bold maniac since it first came out.

What surprised me the most was how disappointed I was with the 9930 keyboard. I just found it harder to type on than the 9000. I couldn't work out why - I had my 9000 with me to compare the size and they seem much the same, yet I was making mistakes all over the place with the 9930. The 9000 keyboard feels better quality to me, I know lots of you would disagree. In fact I just feel the 9000 has better build quality and feels more sturdy all round.

Then I tried the 9810 and was surprised how much I like it, even with the larger pixel size and smaller keyboard. I tried some speed typing on it and what do you know, I was flying along with no mistakes. It's the strangest thing. I also found myself really appreciating the larger screen space.

Well, that's the polar opposite of how I thought I would feel. Underwhelmed by the 9930, attracted to the 9810 (which looks great in white btw). So now it looks like I'll be waiting for the iPhone 5 and comparing it to the Torch.

08-29-11 05:33 PM
    I tried out both the 9930 and the 9810 for the first time today. I have to say, I preferred the Torch. That surprised me immensely because I hated the first Torch and have been a Bold maniac since it first came out.

What surprised me the most was how disappointed I was with the 9930 keyboard. I just found it harder to type on than the 9000. I couldn't work out why - I had my 9000 with me to compare the size and they seem much the same, yet I was making mistakes all over the place with the 9930. The 9000 keyboard feels better quality to me, I know lots of you would disagree. In fact I just feel the 9000 has better build quality and feels more sturdy all round.

Then I tried the 9810 and was surprised how much I like it, even with the larger pixel size and smaller keyboard. I tried some speed typing on it and what do you know, I was flying along with no mistakes. It's the strangest thing. I also found myself really appreciating the larger screen space.

Well, that's the polar opposite of how I thought I would feel. Underwhelmed by the 9930, attracted to the 9810 (which looks great in white btw). So now it looks like I'll be waiting for the iPhone 5 and comparing it to the Torch.

The 9810 is a good phone, you will be happy with it
    08-29-11 05:57 PM
    I personally find the 9900/9930 to be superior! I've had the 8700, 9000,9780,9800 and now 9930. The 9930 is far and away my favorite BB to this point.

I find the keyboard to be smooth and just plain awesome to type on. I hated the torch keyboard and stayed with an iPhone 4 because of how poor the torch is/was. Now I'm selling the Iphone 4 and keeping the BB 9930. However, I'm sure I'll purchase an iphone 5 when they come out, unless it's a tiny bump up, like 3g to 3GS was.
    08-29-11 06:19 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD