12-27-11 09:57 PM
116 ... 2345
tools
    It can crash and freeze up constantly!
    And what makes you say this? Have you used QNX? I have a playbook and besides 1 browser crash it doesn't crash or lock up.
    07-29-11 07:54 AM
    I think i will wait to see if somebody will put it on sale. Hopefully they will release the 9900 first and then the torch 2 will be released. The 9000 was awesome except for the constant hour glass effect just looking at photos. I've had blackberry and then moved to windows mobile, the to android, and then to iOS. I love full touch but my true love is qwerty. Now I'm using a pantech 7040 until something is worthy to buy. It's a shame they didn't put 8mp cameras into the new lineup. I am having withdrawals of not being able to take pictures. We shall see... I really don't want to go back to android just for 8mp goodness... As of right now I plan on snagging a 9900 when the price is right. Going back to blackberry is going to be sweet! Now if only I can talk my wife into ditching her iPhone and using my pantech lol!

Oya I ditched the android because I'm using an ipad2 at the house. I couldn't justify running both OS and still paying 25 bucks for the android. Ipad2 replaced the android and my work has about 15 computers for internet access. The SGS II is retardedly sexy but it doesn't meet my needs for right now.
    Last edited by Cheetablaze; 07-29-11 at 08:20 AM.
    07-29-11 08:02 AM
    For those of us that are using OS 5 devices I think it makes sense to upgrade to OS 7. My curve 8530 is 3 years old.

If you already have an OS 6 capable device (9800, 9780 etc) maybe it will be a little easier to hang on for QNX.

I will be picking up a 9900 or Torch 2 ...
    07-29-11 08:08 AM
    Sorry, but no reason to NOT get the Bold 9900. The form factor of the Bold 9900 is the reason I cant wait to ditch the 9700.....that keyboard better be wider.
    07-29-11 09:10 AM
    Anyone want a 9000?

The 9900 can't come soon enough!
    07-29-11 09:47 AM
    I'm not getting one either... but not for any of those reasons. It's too bukly for me and that's the determining factor right there.
    Yeah. The bold isn't a very fluffy device where you can attach a charm lanyard to it.
    07-29-11 09:57 AM
    my concern is the battery. bigger screen, bigger proc and yet smaller battery. worries me this will be like an android phone can't leave home w/ out charging cable.
    07-29-11 11:05 AM
    I won't be getting one either, not because of the reasons that you gave but because I'm locked in a 3 yyear contract

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 11:46 AM
    People who have business accounts w/ Sprint & AT&T have yearly upgrades for equipment....
    ...So IF the BB Touch happens to get released by November of this year I will be getting one for sure.

I would guess that most people who like BB and are using it in a business application...
    ...Would get the 9900 / 30 because in another 12 months they can simply upgrage it to the QNX if and when that happens.

OS7 as an operating system appears to be a shibboleth because there isn't really anything NEW it allows the phone to do....
    ...True the New Berry's are greased lightning compared to my Bold 9650.
    ...However this ONLY translates into knowing you can't do something with your RIM must faster than previous.

Several months back I posted a series of RANTS about Sprint not providing VVM on their flagship 9650....
    ...I thought of a work around for the Berry IF it were possible to do - it wasn't.

My idea was to simply access voice-mail, pause it - SWITCH APPLICATIONS and open voice recorder....
    ...Start a voice recording while playing the voice mail on speaker phone then you would have a VM you could forward.

Blackberry does not allow OR can't handle this type of multi-tasking so it was a no-go....
    ...This is the type of "bed peanut buttering" RIM needs to stop doing if they want to stay in the game.
    ...The market today will simply not tolerate those kinds of oversights.

If I were able to wave a magic wand over my 9650 it would have very similar things being offered on the Bold Touch coming out....
    ...HD video, better camera and more horse power under the hood with a touch screen.

Only mine would have had the ability to play ANY form of Flash and some type of video chat....
    ...Not that I would use video Chat but simply as a stop loss for those people who've moved to Apple or Droid because of that.
    Last edited by pythons; 07-29-11 at 12:53 PM.
    07-29-11 12:13 PM
    Who goes into a forum just to say they don't want something? That's like walking into an open house, just to tell the real estate agent you aren't interested.
    07-29-11 12:24 PM
    My top three

1,2 and 3) My 9700 calls people and receive calls - it let's me know when I have email. I can SMS text with it - send and receive pictures, it finds me on google maps when I am lost. I have Slicktasks to remind me to do stuff or plan my life. It is reliable and pretty much bug free.

When I want to do anything else or need the convenience of touch or a bigger screen then I will have my Playbook with QNX. But really the trackpad gets me pretty much where I need to go and on a phone I don't need to get there at lightning speed - I rarely web surf on my phone, or use apps on a tiny screen, it's just silly. Battery life is more important to me than supercomputing on a phone. It's a PHONE! If you want a computer get a PlayBook!
    07-29-11 12:26 PM
    Reason 4

I would probably get a Torch 2 if anything.
    07-29-11 12:29 PM
    My top three

1,2 and 3) My 9700 calls people and receive calls - it let's me know when I have email. I can SMS text with it - send and receive pictures, it finds me on google maps when I am lost. I have Slicktasks to remind me to do stuff or plan my life. It is reliable and pretty much bug free.
    But, but...there will be newer phones out! What will other people think? You sir, are a deviant.
    07-29-11 12:31 PM
    Yeah. The bold isn't a very fluffy device where you can attach a charm lanyard to it.
    Well said!

You gave me a good laugh for the day. Thanks.
    07-29-11 01:13 PM
    1) By the time it comes out, call it outdated. BlackBerry devices will be running QNX 6 months - 1 year after the release of the Bold 9900.

2) The delay due to software issues got me hesitant to purchase the Bold 9900. Now they probably feel rushed to release the device out. I see a lot of bug related issue topics coming to this forum.

3) Don't let OS7 (OS 6.1, remember?) fool you. Its exactly the same as OS6; just some icon changes and this so-called Liquid Graphics.

cool story bro.

don't get one.
    BBxpress and Mr Bigs like this.
    07-30-11 02:35 AM
    Comes out around the same time as the iPhone 5
    07-30-11 05:29 AM
    1) By the time it comes out... Blah...

2) Now they probably feel rushed to release the device out... Blah Blah...

3) Don't let OS7 (OS 6.1, remember?) fool you... Blah Blah Blah...
    The top 3 reasons I DO NOT want a 9900... Same as the PlayBook...
    1) My boss will just end up working me to death. He already saw what I could do with my 9780, and piled more remote work on me. And, when I received my PlayBook he told co-workers that he gives me more to do because my device gave me too much perceived downtime because things were getting done in half a day! With such a great device, I AM DOOMED!

2) My envious friends and co-workers will start asking me to see my superphone which means other people handling my device. I can't stand that! It is the same with my PlayBook too! I can always say no, but what fun is it when I don't rub the naysayer's face in it. Which brings me to point 3.

3) Such a wonderful device will surely give me a great sense of superiority. Something I see in people on other platforms. I can't stand it. Especially when it is sooooooooo unwarranted. It is not a good attribute; however, a tradesman is only as good as his tools, so I guess to lead in meliority is unavoidable. Not a socially good character trait. But I can live with that.
    757EliasHZ likes this.
    07-30-11 07:03 AM
    1)BlackBerry devices will be running QNX 6 months - 1 year
    Make that 1 to 1.5 upgrade cycles. You think they will start replacing OS7 devices before they even get them out the door? Sounds like a lot of wasted time were you could have been running an up to date device instead of fooling yourself.

07-30-11 07:57 AM
    Maybe I am just fortunate, but I've never went over a year using the same phone. I always upgrade my phone when the next one I want comes out. If that means paying full retail for it then so be it.

People saying they are going to wait for the QNX phones they know nothing about cracks me up. For all we know the QNX phones could lose everything that makes a BB a BB. I've yet to see how QNX on a phone will make call quality, typing, bbm, email or my flashing led better, so I have yet to see a reason why I should want it. I use my phone for communicating more than I do for entertainment while I'm bored. Could be QNX loses the communication strengths to focus on the entertainment side, Well if that happened I would have wasted a year that I could have had the ultimate phone for communications.

I already know the first QNX phones will be full touch. So theres one negative. As far as I can tell very few people know any thing else about them than that. I don't see the point in keeping your old phone for a year longer just because something newer will eventually come out. If everyone did that there would be an awful lot of unsold iphones out there.
    Last edited by Witmen; 07-30-11 at 09:32 AM.
    07-30-11 09:00 AM
    I'll still get it because I don't think QNX OS is a viable option on a phone with a keyboard like on the Bold. Also, I'll lose all of my BB OS "stuff".
    All stuff like what ????? Nothing on BBOS is worth keeping.
    07-30-11 09:13 AM
    Nothing on BBOS is worth keeping.
    Eric would disagree with you.
    07-30-11 09:16 AM
    1) By the time it comes out, call it outdated. BlackBerry devices will be running QNX 6 months - 1 year after the release of the Bold 9900.

2) The delay due to software issues got me hesitant to purchase the Bold 9900. Now they probably feel rushed to release the device out. I see a lot of bug related issue topics coming to this forum.

3) Don't let OS7 (OS 6.1, remember?) fool you. Its exactly the same as OS6; just some icon changes and this so-called Liquid Graphics.

1. I honestly think that all technology will be outdated once released for the first few months or so. There is always something new coming out.
    2. I definitely know what you mean about the software issues. And yes, I believe there will be little issues here and there, but that should be fixed.
    3. Yeah, they change little things around and make it seem all "new" but it's only a couple changes. However, I love technology and I never stick with the same phone for a year. I am always wanting/getting a different phone.
    07-30-11 09:27 AM
    Eric would disagree with you.
    Please !!!!!!! throw all those B.S kb apps out for some mb stuff.
    07-30-11 10:35 AM
    You guys need to decide what you want,a better BB or a phone to compete with others. What's the point !!!!!!! It will be a better BB the **** with what everyone else is doing it wont be outdated as far as BB is concerned.
    07-30-11 10:41 AM
    Let's all just calm down, people. Can't we all get along like muslims & U.S. Southern extremists?

Hahaha that was funny

Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-)
    07-30-11 11:00 AM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD