This bad boy is mine release day.
    You cut in front of me in line YOU ARE GOING DOWN BROTHER!!!! *hulkamanina voice* lmbo!!!

But serious don't cut in front of me
    curlyt1 likes this.
    06-21-11 08:21 AM
    You cut in front of me in line YOU ARE GOING DOWN BROTHER!!!! *hulkamanina voice* lmbo!!!

I will be first one dailing into sales to place my order and receving my phone next day shipping! hehe
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    06-21-11 08:39 AM

But from what I've seen in several leaked videos of 9560/9550s, the 9900 from BB World, and Engadget's high res 9810 video review, they will be very impressive. There is clearly a large demand from users for them.

Hey bro, I can't seem to find that 9810 Engadget review. Do you have a link for that?
    06-21-11 08:42 AM

As Macho Man (RIP) would say......"ooohh yeah!"
    JUSTQUAN2 and spike12 like this.
    06-21-11 09:29 AM
    I'll wait to try it out and compare to the all touch then decide. But will definitely be getting an OS7 device. I have QNX on a Playbook, so it will be nice having to different devices instead of a Playbook and a MiniMe Playbook (i.e. QNX handset). Then once QNX settles in, and my Playbook starts getting a little long in the tooth I'll look at QNX handsets. Of course if they just kick *** and I have to get a QNX handset I'll sell the OS7 device or ship it to my wife's relatives in South Africa so she can communicate with them via BBM because BB is huge down there now.
    06-21-11 10:00 AM
    LOL at the OP...seriously judging by the replies in here i dont think anyone really gives a flying hoot if your going to get one or not.

I cant wait for the 9900 myself...i never sold my 9000, which was my very first BB and i still use it now and again...awesome device for its time and im so damn glad RIM have come back to the form factor but put some awesome specs in it....ive always thought the 9900 will be the dream BB device for the time being.

My pre-order is already placed...as much as i love my 9780, i cant wait to ditch it.
    06-21-11 10:03 AM
    Releasing a new phone and claiming that it will have absolutely no support when QNX phones come out is basically telling the consumer to go eff themselves. Now buying a device while knowing that it will have no support and be absolete in less than a year is totally reckless on the consumer part.

Go ahead and buy one, RIM is laughing, you throw bones to dogs and that's how RIM think of its customers.

I will personally wait and see what competition has to offer and you will be surprized at what real companies will offer by the time Bold touch comes out. ANd please don't play the BB is all about security, that **** is way overrated if you really want to get technical.
    06-21-11 10:11 AM
    1) By the time it comes out, call it outdated. BlackBerry devices will be running QNX 6 months - 1 year after the release of the Bold 9900.

2) The delay due to software issues got me hesitant to purchase the Bold 9900. Now they probably feel rushed to release the device out. I see a lot of bug related issue topics coming to this forum.

3) Don't let OS7 (OS 6.1, remember?) fool you. Its exactly the same as OS6; just some icon changes and this so-called Liquid Graphics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Unfortunately I'm left in a different, but kinda same qundry...I'm thinking of switching to an iphone, and rumors abound that Sprint may indeed get the iphone 4S in September, and then At&t and Verizon getting the iphone 5 (or 6?) 4G compatible device in February. Much like you've stated about the Bold 9930 being "rushed" into carriers by September...and possible QNX later in 2012, and either way it's like "here is a better device, but not the best device" IMO RIM has screwed their investors, their employees and worse, their CUSTOMERS in the last year and a half. from $148.00 a share in 2008 to $26.00 in June 2011 is NOT a great leap of faith for RIM.
    06-21-11 10:19 AM
    Lefty, it's evident you want to go to the Iphone.....and I'm basing that on all your posts about Sprint and the Iphone. Sort of a justification for you or your looking for approval. Nothing but rumor indicates Sprint is going to get the Iphone, but you continue to throw that same rumor around over and over. The point I'm trying to make is it doesn't matter what phone you get now - in a few months something better will be out. All that matter is that you're happy with what you have. Maybe it's me, but I feel like Sprint is at the bottom of the cell chain (maybe US Cellular is) and Apple may not want to go that route. In the US, AT&T is superior for GSM and Verizon for CDMA. We all know AT&T is in talks to buy T-Mobile, but again, speculation at this point whether it will happen and if it does, how long it will take. If it does, rest assured they will be a power house.
    06-21-11 10:36 AM
    Hey bro, I can't seem to find that 9810 Engadget review. Do you have a link for that?
    Here you are!

BlackBerry Torch 2 preview! (video) -- Engadget
    06-21-11 10:37 AM
    uuummm....*what* preorder?!!?!?!!
    I've been placed on a pre-order list at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI IF? i still want to get the Bold 9930. They'll call asap to get your CC info and have it ready on release day. The one good thing about the BlackBerry store that differs from just carrier stores is they include tutorial classes and of course data transfer from old BB to new one. Same price, so just a little better service. and oh yeah, I chatted with the BB Store guy like week before RIM announced the "late August" release, and he told me then that he was afraid it'd be late August-early September, and NO, most BB customer's are NOT happy knowing it will be that long" But he works AT BlackBerry Store, so what can the poor guy do? he's kinda screwed also.
    06-21-11 10:42 AM
    I've been placed on a pre-order list at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI IF? i still want to get the Bold 9930. They'll call asap to get your CC info and have it ready on release day. The one good thing about the BlackBerry store that differs from just carrier stores is they include tutorial classes and of course data transfer from old BB to new one. Same price, so just a little better service. and oh yeah, I chatted with the BB Store guy like week before RIM announced the "late August" release, and he told me then that he was afraid it'd be late August-early September, and NO, most BB customer's are NOT happy knowing it will be that long" But he works AT BlackBerry Store, so what can the poor guy do? he's kinda screwed also.
    So it's a pre-order list? You need a tutorial class? And you can do the data transfer yourself. And depending on what BB you have now, I'd recommend only backing up your contacts via DM. Back up your BBM contacts via your BIS email. Once you get the device, then move your contacts to the new device. I'm using caution with coming from say OS5/OS6 to OS7. There may not be any issues, but you never know.
    Last edited by ibcop; 06-21-11 at 10:51 AM.
    06-21-11 10:49 AM
    Lefty, it's evident you want to go to the Iphone.....and I'm basing that on all your posts about Sprint and the Iphone. Sort of a justification for you or your looking for approval. Nothing but rumor indicates Sprint is going to get the Iphone, but you continue to throw that same rumor around over and over. The point I'm trying to make is it doesn't matter what phone you get now - in a few months something better will be out. All that matter is that you're happy with what you have. Maybe it's me, but I feel like Sprint is at the bottom of the cell chain (maybe US Cellular is) and Apple may not want to go that route. In the US, AT&T is superior for GSM and Verizon for CDMA. We all know AT&T is in talks to buy T-Mobile, but again, speculation at this point whether it will happen and if it does, how long it will take. If it does, rest assured they will be a power house.
    I've had a Sprint Curve 8330 for over two years now, and watched BB just minor upgrade their phones, and has of June 07, I can go where ever I'd like cell carrier wise, But Sprint IS the most economically better than At&t or Verizon. I just want the best device I can get for 2yrs (I cant just roll out $600 here and there every six-eight months) Sprint IMO is a very good carrier for the money, I just want CHOICES! I want to be able to compare a Sprint iphone 4S to a BlackBerry 9930 and not have to feel like I have to settle. Bottom line, I'm a CONSUMER...It's MY money that I have to pay for two years, and if Sprint does get an iphone 4S and a Bold 9930 around the same time, I'll try them both, and if Bold 9930 is better of course I'd go with it, but if iphone 4S is better for me at the time, then I'll get that. simple enough.
    06-21-11 10:55 AM
    How's this: I'm thinking I may not want a QNX-powered phone. Suppose the first QNX phone is touch-sceen-only? Suppose all QNX phones end up being touch-screen-only? That seems to be the consensus of what a 'superphone' should be, so it's a distinct possibility, but that isn't what I want in a phone. I may very well take my 9900 or T2 - I haven't completely decided yet - and be blown away and just be happy with that.

grover5 likes this.
    06-21-11 12:33 PM
    1) By the time it comes out, call it outdated. BlackBerry devices will be running QNX 6 months - 1 year after the release of the Bold 9900.

2) The delay due to software issues got me hesitant to purchase the Bold 9900. Now they probably feel rushed to release the device out. I see a lot of bug related issue topics coming to this forum.

3) Don't let OS7 (OS 6.1, remember?) fool you. Its exactly the same as OS6; just some icon changes and this so-called Liquid Graphics.

Ok, don't buy one then.
    06-21-11 03:33 PM
    for me there are way to many IF's about QNX, who knows what they will look like, or how well current BB fans will like them

i want my 9900... my Bold 9000 is eldery and is need of retirement

and when did RIM ever say that once QNX phones launch there would be no more support for all previous lines? cause i never read that... thats like saying if you buy a 2011 vehicle and they roll out the 2012 line they will not longer be able to fix or work on your 2011... silly
    06-21-11 03:47 PM
    I WANT to want this phone. My interest in it has been dwindling. Its a speedier version of a phone that i like. BUT, RIM needs to focus on apps and multimedia features. Is the Blackberry meant to be an mp3 player like the iPhone or Android? No. But if it wants to compete it needs to focus on what consumers want.
    06-21-11 03:49 PM

Top 3 reasons you haven't been thanked in about 3 years.

3: No matter what it is called, it is still an OS. It will be stable. And it will do more than what your current phone can do and it will do it faster and smoother.

2. If a delay makes you hesitate, then you will never purchase a phone. Android comes out with phones all throughout the year, if you thought waiting for forever was long, waiting for a top of the line phone to drop will be a mighty long time.

When the current Bold drops it will be the flagship device of RIM and have the best specs of all current phones out. In a world of 3D tv and 4G phone speeds, what are you waiting for? If the Bold 9900 took this long and STILL isn't out, what makes you think the Bold 10,000 will come out in Feb 2012? What if that is also delayed, or even scrapped? What if you ended up waiting so long, you ended up waiting a year, 18 months, a phone contract?

Some people are mad because of the delays, but you can't go off of what people say. Wait for RIM to say when they will release a phone then get disappointed. They said summer release Q3 and summer just started, talk to my boy Stick Stickly and simmer down

1. Every phone is 'outdated' when a new phone comes out. When the Gamecube came out, Nintendo was working on the Wii. When the Wii came out, they were developing the WiiU. If you never buy an electronic device for fear something new will come out, you won't have one!

Let us be honest. All blackberrys are being out performed by just about any phone at this time. Even an iphone 3GS can do things the Storm 2 and Bold 9780 can't

The reason people are relishing this moment, is because finally blackberry will keep being the solid company with solid phones, but also give us a taste of android market, and win consumers over with a few bells and whistles.
    anon3438645 and Spawn12 like this.
    06-21-11 08:35 PM
    for me there are way to many IF's about QNX, who knows what they will look like, or how well current BB fans will like them

i want my 9900... my Bold 9000 is eldery and is need of retirement

and when did RIM ever say that once QNX phones launch there would be no more support for all previous lines? cause i never read that... thats like saying if you buy a 2011 vehicle and they roll out the 2012 line they will not longer be able to fix or work on your 2011... silly
    And the QNX phones are not going to be out early and probably are not going to be on time, based on how things have been going lately.

My plan:

1. Get a 9900 or the new all touch device (Storm3/Volt). Hardware is much faster than current RIM phones and the 60 fps screen refresh will make it seem like a new platform in lots of ways. Yet keeping all the goodness in the current OS's.

2. When QNX phones hit, check 'em out. If they are awesome, I will give my BBOS7 device to another family member that's on my plan and spring for a QNX phone outright. If not, then I am set anyhow.
    06-22-11 01:27 AM
    After all ios4 and ios5 still have some "same" icons.

Cant say os6 and os7 are exactly the same with just different icons.
    Last edited by Xavior; 06-22-11 at 08:58 AM.
    mssca likes this.
    06-22-11 08:47 AM
    And the QNX phones are not going to be out early and probably are not going to be on time, based on how things have been going lately.

My plan:

1. Get a 9900 or the new all touch device (Storm3/Volt). Hardware is much faster than current RIM phones and the 60 fps screen refresh will make it seem like a new platform in lots of ways. Yet keeping all the goodness in the current OS's.

2. When QNX phones hit, check 'em out. If they are awesome, I will give my BBOS7 device to another family member that's on my plan and spring for a QNX phone outright. If not, then I am set anyhow.
    Sounds like a great plan. I think I'll be doing something like that. I'm really the only one in my immediate family that is interested in bbs though : (

06-22-11 09:07 AM
    People talking about RIM abandoning keyboard devices are crazy. That is one of the few things regarding RIM that I would definitely put money on T2? Meh. Didn't really enjoy the first one that much. The recessed keyboard stunk. I'm guessing most purchasers (whos plans weren't up) probably got the first one for the same reason I did... To get BB6. I will probably be picking up a 9900 even though I am getting a sinking feeling when it comes to 3rd party apps The important ones should be up and running pretty quick though. After that its S3 all the way

06-22-11 09:22 AM
    After all ios4 and ios5 still have some "same" icons.

Cant say os6 and os7 are exactly the same with just different icons.
    Plus, all my friends who use iPhones and Macs seems to be mindless. What ever the Apple Inc aka their God tell them to use (for example apps featured by iStave himself on his speeches) or tell them to buy (for example Macbook Pro OS updates which they have to PAY), all the apple fanboys and girls do it without even reading any reviews. I call this mindless way to spend money... Too bad some of us here do the same thing with Blackberries too. But MOST people who do this are Apple lovers.

Me for example, after doing a REAL research in to benefits to my OWN personal use, I decided I do not need an upgrade from 9700 to Torch 9800. Now I am doing a little research into 9900 and see if it fits my personal needs. It is different from just walk in to the store and buy Macbook Pros just because its a new Apple product or buy iPhone 5 just because its an Apple product.
    06-22-11 09:24 AM
    I'm getting one, BUT I might be changing carriers IF what we are hearing about Verizon data plans is true. Plus I've been thinking about going to the GSM side anyways for the better battery life and the 4G (or at least what they are CALLING 4G, which the 9900 is getting, but the 9930 is not - no LTE or WiMax in the 9930)
    LTE is just not ready. I absolutely love the speeds it provides but each and every phone I've seen that has LTE sucks in terms of battery life. Maybe it's a combo of Android and LTE but still I'll wait for the smart guys to figure out how to manage battery life. Right now it is too chatty between the base station and device killing the battery. It can only get better. Maybe as good as a QNC w/LTE device. Wow...I'm actually drooling at my desk right now thinking about that hehe.
    06-22-11 09:54 AM
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about the liquid graphics when you haven't experienced it yet. You know how buttery the iphone and android devices are? What if the bb interface was just as - if not more - smooth than that? Wouldn't that warrant some positive feedback?

06-22-11 09:59 AM
116 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD