Hahaha that was funny

Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-)
    And sad.

Yawn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 11:12 AM
    if you don't want it, there's really no need to justify why you won't buy it.
    unless you do that with every purchase you make.. like Top 3 reasons why I DO NOT want a 2% milk etc etc
    07-30-11 12:46 PM
    It's already been demonstrated in the playbook forum that the playbook is incapable...
    ...Of opening Adobe PDF's of which an ipod is able to render.
    ...Adobe is "standard" business software for about ANY company.

If RIM wants to be known as a business communications tool they had better Wake T.F.U.
    ...And at the very least - insure that their business TABLET can open Adobe .pdf's.
    ...That an i-pod someone purchaes their kid to play music on CAN!

If the Playbook CAN'T open Adobe .pdf's what chance does the 9930 / 9900 have in opening them?
    Knowing this I would buy a 16 GB Playbook for $199.00 and not a penny more.

I'm not saying I don't want the 9930, in fact I will test the unit the night prior to the official release...
    ...If the 9930 can open the Adobe .pdf I have saved on my 9650 I would come back the next day and have the company get it.
    ...If it fails that test - well, that's ONE reason out of 3 I will not pick one up.
    07-30-11 01:40 PM
    It's already been demonstrated in the playbook forum that the playbook is incapable...
    ...Of opening Adobe PDF's of which an ipod is able to render.
    ...Adobe is "standard" business software for about ANY company.

If RIM wants to be known as a business communications tool they had better Wake T.F.U.
    ...And at the very least - insure that their business TABLET can open Adobe .pdf's.
    ...That an i-pod someone purchaes their kid to play music on CAN!

If the Playbook CAN'T open Adobe .pdf's what chance does the 9930 / 9900 have in opening them?
    Knowing this I would buy a 16 GB Playbook for $199.00 and not a penny more.

I'm not saying I don't want the 9930, in fact I will test the unit the night prior to the official release...
    ...If the 9930 can open the Adobe .pdf I have saved on my 9650 I would come back the next day and have the company get it.
    ...If it fails that test - well, that's ONE reason out of 3 I will not pick one up.
    What are you talking about? I have about 70 pdf documents on my playbook right now. I just downloaded one that was emailed to me 5 minutes ago.
    07-30-11 02:29 PM
    1) By the time it comes out, call it outdated. BlackBerry devices will be running QNX 6 months - 1 year after the release of the Bold 9900.

I want this device should be budget permit, but I'm not certain I'll get it. Let me refute the major point of this post, being # 1:

BBs and all major technology these days becomes obsolete quickly. If you want to have the latest and be able to download apps/games/software, then having OS 7 will probably be necessary. Case in point, having OS 6 (which, may I remind you only released last summer) meant that developers often created apps and beta apps that were often only available to OS 6 devices. Users running 'legacy' OS were left in the dark. If you want to be able to download the latest software, you would have had to have the latest BB. Now, if, like you're saying, you want to wait for the QNX BBs or whatever will be released next, that's perfectly reasonable. However, if you're running OS 5 or 6 you run the risk of being unable to have the newest software for your device. I guess my main point is that some people want to have the latest and best, and that's their prerogative. If they can afford to upgrade every year when RIM releases a new line of BBs, why not? If you can be patient and wait for the QNX super phone, that's also great. To each his or her own.
    07-30-11 02:36 PM
    I heard the reason the phone's haven't come out yet is Rim thought that they had a OS bug but it turn out to be a hardware issue trouble with a circuit in the circuit board.

07-30-11 02:41 PM
    I don't care much for touch screens, but I'd get this upcoming Bold or Torch if I needed a new BlackBerry. Thing is, I don't. I just got a 9650. Didn't even need that -- my 8330m was working fine -- but I wanted a BlackBerry with international capabilities in case I decide to travel. Besides, my contract was up, and I got it really cheap. Anyway, I'm pleased with OS6 for the most part, and I like how my 9650 loads my jpegs faster than my Curve did. And I won't worry too much about stuff like network obsolescence. (Heck, even my 8330m is still supported!) If it happens, I'll just get one of these newer BlackBerries. In any case, I am excited for those people getting new Bolds or Torches. And I'm excited for RIM. I hope it sells a lot of them.
    07-31-11 01:37 PM
    Top 3 reasons you haven't been thanked in about 3 years.

3: No matter what it is called, it is still an OS. It will be stable. And it will do more than what your current phone can do and it will do it faster and smoother.

2. If a delay makes you hesitate, then you will never purchase a phone. Android comes out with phones all throughout the year, if you thought waiting for forever was long, waiting for a top of the line phone to drop will be a mighty long time.

When the current Bold drops it will be the flagship device of RIM and have the best specs of all current phones out. In a world of 3D tv and 4G phone speeds, what are you waiting for? If the Bold 9900 took this long and STILL isn't out, what makes you think the Bold 10,000 will come out in Feb 2012? What if that is also delayed, or even scrapped? What if you ended up waiting so long, you ended up waiting a year, 18 months, a phone contract?

Some people are mad because of the delays, but you can't go off of what people say. Wait for RIM to say when they will release a phone then get disappointed. They said summer release Q3 and summer just started, talk to my boy Stick Stickly and simmer down

1. Every phone is 'outdated' when a new phone comes out. When the Gamecube came out, Nintendo was working on the Wii. When the Wii came out, they were developing the WiiU. If you never buy an electronic device for fear something new will come out, you won't have one!

Let us be honest. All blackberrys are being out performed by just about any phone at this time. Even an iphone 3GS can do things the Storm 2 and Bold 9780 can't

The reason people are relishing this moment, is because finally blackberry will keep being the solid company with solid phones, but also give us a taste of android market, and win consumers over with a few bells and whistles.
    I am one to toot my own horn and I must call myself out on catching onto RIM's habits as well as dispelling worries and concerns with this old post.
    12-26-11 01:11 PM
    As Macho Man (RIP) would say......"ooohh yeah!"
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Rick Flair voice)

I'll be jumping on board with the qnx devices, I ahve a playbook and love the stability of the device and knowing that all the apps on my tablet will be useable on the phone as well when i need the extra portability.
    12-26-11 01:27 PM
    1) By the time it comes out, call it outdated. BlackBerry devices will be running QNX 6 months - 1 year after the release of the Bold 9900.

2) The delay due to software issues got me hesitant to purchase the Bold 9900. Now they probably feel rushed to release the device out. I see a lot of bug related issue topics coming to this forum.

3) Don't let OS7 (OS 6.1, remember?) fool you. Its exactly the same as OS6; just some icon changes and this so-called Liquid Graphics.

1)BB10 will come out in late Q3 most likely. And that's the best possibility.

2)Yes, people face a lot of problems just like any other platform users. But the vast majority, including me never had a single problem

3)Who cares. I am not getting this phone for the OS. If OS mattered that much, I wouldn't be sticking with BB anyway.
    12-26-11 01:28 PM

2) The delay due to software issues got me hesitant to purchase the Bold 9900. Now they probably feel rushed to release the device out. I see a lot of bug related issue topics coming to this forum.

3) Don't let OS7 (OS 6.1, remember?) fool you. Its exactly the same as OS6; just some icon changes and this so-called Liquid Graphics.

No one cares why you're not getting one. Go away.
    12-26-11 04:28 PM
    Why are we commenting on threads 6 months old? smh...
    12-26-11 05:52 PM
    I Admit the Bold 9900 has lots of software issues I'm currently on my 3rd 9900 But the one I have now is FLAWLESS
    12-26-11 07:50 PM
    Yeah okay, can't stand mine! NOT. Don't knock it till you have tried it. And unless you have a crystal ball no one, not even rim knows when the new devices will be out for sale. The Op has made a statement based on rumor and assumption. You may as well predict when the world will end. You must be one of those people that got wrapped up in the last rapture scare are still wondering if you're going to H*ll because you are still HERE! Silly *ss post. There is also the possibilty that there will be a version of the qnx os available to those of us who were stupid and went ahead and bought an os 7 device, chew on that rumor. Oh and while were at it, if you don't quit playing with that you'll go blind! Hahaha

12-26-11 09:09 PM

1) As compared to all the other devices just like it?

2) Blackberry firmware has always improved over time. This is also true with most electronic devices with upgradable firmware. Knowing this is something new?

3) The difference between a 9900/9810 and a 9780/9800 is enormous and not based solely on a few software tweaks.

Why did you start this thread? So you could bad mouth the best Blackberry's ever made and get a few people to hop on board because you don't want to be alone on your ridiculous bandwagon since you will not be buying a 9900?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-27-11 at 04:05 PM.
    12-27-11 04:00 PM
    Yeah, who dug up this stinker?

12-27-11 09:57 PM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD