This is a forum. The vast majority of the people who start threads in a forum of a new device are those who have problems with it. All of us who have had no problems with the phone don't take time out to write about it on here (or, at least, I don't). I think you're getting swayed by a huge minority of those who have bought this phone. Don't be. It's fantastic.
    08-18-11 06:01 PM
    Best BlackBerry EVER. I love it. Ignore the little gripes/whining, don't let it get you down... it's seriously an Awesome phone.
    When I started this thread, I had already placed a pre-order on the phone to get it ahead of the crowd first thing in the morning here in Dubai, and was really concerned as I started I am buying a BB full of troubles.

The replies in this thread have helped me out to regain faith, but the biggest re-assurance was to open the Box at the shop, and unveil the beast, which was perfectly built Made in Hungary 2 unit, no trackpad squeaks, perfect keyboard, no moving cursor, just perfect.

I have not expected to be blown away by the fast liquid graphics and processor, they talked about it a lot in the reviews, but once you experience it, you can only start to appreciate it, you fall in love with the device every time you play with it and the keyboard doesn't take any getting used to at all. I can type 3 times the accuracy and speed than my previous 9780!

Thank you CrackBerry for showing us the reviews, teasing us, making us drool in the reviews which in essence made me call all the shops in the country to get the first one to land and I'm in love with this thing!!!
    08-18-11 07:50 PM
    Just ordered a 9900 from a vodafone uk store.(their internal computer problem, so couldn't get it straightway) had the opportunity to play with it. I loved it. it is an awesome phone to be honest. keyboard is really the best one as kevin said on the review.
    although crackberry.com is for blackberry loyalists mainly, sometimes their comments might not reflect the truth. for example, still many many members here would love the storm 1 which was basically piece of sh*t. lots of crackberry members called it iphone killer....super duper! lol
    this time i didn't believe them. i've played with it before i buy. I liked it seriously.
    08-19-11 05:28 AM
    I bought the 9900, and then returned it for a 9810. I thought I'd prefer the larger screen (which I did) and the better camera (which I did as well)... but, the 9810 just didn't make me 'feel' anything for the phone. Maybe because it was 'just the same' as a 9800. I was a movie the other night and I'm locking up my 9810 and the person beside me has a 9900 and even though our phones cost the same, had the same specs-ish, I felt the 9810 was somehow less.

Anyway, went back to Rogers yesterday, returned my 9810 and re-bought a 9900. And you know what, the joy of opening it up and using it for the second time, felt 10 X better than the first. It's like moving away, even for a few short days, made me a much bigger fan of the device.

It is indeed the BEST blackberry on the market. That's not to say it's the best phone on the market (that all depends on you and your needs/wants), but if you are a blackberry fan, it is the phone to get.
    08-19-11 05:49 AM
    I've heard a lot of good things about the phone. Of course you're always going to get those complain about every little thing. Its always going to be that way. Don't let those people take your excitement away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 06:07 AM
    I'm loving everything about 9900 (including camera, touchscreen joy etc.) except for the battery. Battery is the only issue I'm facing. Draining around 10-12% an hour with or without usage. (no feeds update, no 3rd party app, no wifi, edge only)
    Last edited by coolraghav; 08-19-11 at 06:18 AM. Reason: camera-9900
    08-19-11 06:17 AM
    I got mine 3 days ago and I absolutely love it! Do not listen to those who tell you the camera is rubbish - it is fine, as is everything else. The browsing speed and fluidity is sensational. Some Apps are not working with OS 7 yet but with browsing like this there is almost no need for them. The only slight drawback is battery drain. After the 9800 this is noticeably worse, but easily remedied. I have ordered a spare battery. This is a top quality device and is a delight to use.
    08-19-11 06:18 AM
    well long time lurker and wondering if I should go 'blackberry' for about 3 years! After my work gave me an iphone 4, I 'upgraded' yesterday to 9900.

Its excellent, been using it all day, took a while to work my way around and find what things did, find myself using the trackball more than the touch screen. The keyboard is really excellent, so different from the constant backtracking on IP4 to correct errors. I am really pleased and had my first bbm conversation with a friend in Toronto (im in London) - superb very happy indeed!
    08-19-11 06:28 AM
    Best BlackBerry EVER.
    This is true.
    08-19-11 06:38 AM
    I just moved from an iPhone 4 to the Bold 9900 and I haven't had any problems. This is a great, great device and you should get excited about it! I sell this phone for a Rogers Plus store and we've sold at least 50 units so far and maybe 2 have come back with problems that had to get exchanged. The internet takes little problems and magnifies them way more than is necessary. You will love this device!
    08-19-11 06:53 AM
    I am believe the 9900 series is a nice device but many bugs are present in the device. I am using my old droid to type this because Rim tech support decided my 9930 was a DOA device and I have to retutn it to verizon. Hopefully my next one will work don't get frustrated it will work out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    08-19-11 06:57 AM
    Like everyone had said. Its a great phone and best BB out there. I actually really am liking the camera. Having s lot less retakes believe it or not
    08-19-11 07:29 AM
    Looks like there is a lot of 'Brats' in this world (USA only?), who can only complain. One thing I have to agree with Kevin, that keyboard is something to behold! Amazing. I think my typing speed has increased 3 fold.
    08-19-11 07:48 AM
    This phone is awesome.. keyboard is amazing! I type so much better on it over my 9650.. This phone is not a bad phone.. people complain too much over the smallest things.

I saw a thread yesterday, some guy was complaining about the top level of his keyboard was raised more than the others? Really? lol.

Get the phone, you won't regret it.
    08-19-11 08:34 AM
    Just came back to BlackBerry after a two year detour testing the waters with Android and iOS. I bought a Rogers-branded device and have it running on AT&T. All I can say is this device is everything a BlackBerry should be and more! You won't be sorry once it shows up. Enjoy!!
    08-19-11 09:03 AM
    I for one love my new bold I hope you like yours! Snappy, clear, easy to type its perfect

08-19-11 09:10 AM
    what makes you come back to bb?
    curious as to why esn chose not to answer that question? would have been nice to know? anyway, when my BOLD 9000 crashed i went with the Torch. had I listened to the early adopter/whiners I would not be enjoying my 9800 torch today. great phone. half of the glitches and annoyances I had were m,mostly my fault. I had to try the phone for myself. and now, I will go back to the 9900 when I upgrade,but it is based on my needs not on opinions. enjoy yours, can't wait for mine.
    08-19-11 09:37 AM
    curious as to why esn chose not to answer that question?
    They never do They probably don't know even where to start from with the crappy batteris, crappy email handling, lack of customization of features, list goes on...
    08-19-11 09:41 AM
    God, all these whining babies whining about people being whining babies. Get a grip whiners!
    Yeah, tell me about it. Whiners accusing others of whining too much. It is very funny. Thing is, the so called complaints are mostly people trying to find out if the new phone has features that are required by them before they purchase. Threads like these here seem to be more for the insecure looking for someone else to validate they bought the right thing.
    08-19-11 11:05 AM
    They never do They probably don't know even where to start from with the crappy batteris, crappy email handling, lack of customization of features, list goes on...
    lol your are joking? android has FAR more customization over bb and iOS. Email is as good and better in some ways also
    Last edited by howarmat; 08-19-11 at 11:52 AM.
    08-19-11 11:17 AM
    lol your joking? android has FAR more customization over bb and iOS. Email is as good and better in some ways also
    I have never tried an Android, but my friend tried the Atrix, and he told me that he misses his BlackBerry because of the lack of customization. I asked him how is that?

He said simple things that we BB users take for granted such as changing the sound notifications for every diff. event like BBM Message, Email, Text Message, etc. you cant even do that on Android

He told me it is so not user friendly and not cuztomizable compared to a BB

And about Email is good, he told me that his BB gets his Gmail faster than his Atrix does. LOL the irony
    08-19-11 11:18 AM
    I think Ive posted about a couple issues (SMS and reception). It is what it is... I mean, no phone is going to be perfect and I am overall enjoying the 9930; but I feel like we all have to post the goods and bads to help each other out. *The idiots who post about hating touchscreen dont count, they obviously shouldnt have bought a damn touchscreen then!*

It seems to be a great phone, but some of the bugs are getting me a little worried.... however; I am going to stick with my phone, if worse comes to worst they will replace it later with a new BB like Verizon did when I had multiple Tours go sour on me. =P
    08-19-11 11:45 AM
    I have never tried an Android, but my friend tried the Atrix, and he told me that he misses his BlackBerry because of the lack of customization. I asked him how is that?

He said simple things that we BB users take for granted such as changing the sound notifications for every diff. event like BBM Message, Email, Text Message, etc. you cant even do that on Android

He told me it is so not user friendly and not cuztomizable compared to a BB

And about Email is good, he told me that his BB gets his Gmail faster than his Atrix does. LOL the irony

Email is the only thing BB has over Android. But the email is just so overwhelmingly superior; I gave up a couple Androids to go back to BB. Email makes it all worthwhile for me!

Ive had the G2 and Fascinate; Android is THE MOST customizable phone out there! Sound settings for msgs, each email account, etc are all changeable. Im not sure what youre friend was talking about.
    08-19-11 11:47 AM
    email will really depend on what your provider is. Many are now push on android and there is no truncation and you have full access to folders and previous mail. This is where RIM needs to step up their game and not restrict its customers. BIS 4 is a start and to me has been one of the biggest announcements in the past 6 months. If RIM will ever allow activesync on their devices then they once again can be the king of email.
    08-19-11 12:02 PM
    To be on topic, the problems from users are :
    -Lack of some apps working
    - BB I'd signing in issues
    -tterrible battery (not all people of course)
    -squeaky trackpad

Mainly the above, but at the same time so many people have the 998xx working perfectly

08-19-11 12:08 PM
102 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD