As many people said before in posts, this release of 9900/9930 has been quite good by RIM standards. The forum has been very quite compared to other releases.

I'm waiting for 26th, when I can upgrade. Days pass so slowly, when u want them to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 10:45 AM
    I can't wait to get this phone. I do read the forums to see what gripes people have with a device. It just gives me something to check when I get mine. (mainly looking for any hardware issues) I can't wait for OS7. Disable the panels? Yes please! I have a Torch so I love the touch screen. I've been wanting to get a Bold for a while now and I'm glad I waited. Granted, I'm with AT&T so I'll know all about waiting by the time this device releases. hehe.

No amount of griping could take away the excitement!
    08-18-11 10:46 AM
    Gotta realize that people love to b.itch and complain... that and when you have a problem, the first thing you do is seek help. The ones enjoying their devices are doing just that! Despite all the gripes, b.itching and complaining about the BB Tour 9630, mine has been good to me, so much so that I've only recently come back to CrackBerry's forums in anticipation of moving onto the 9930.
    08-18-11 10:51 AM
    The amount of complaints, whining, crying I have seen on the 9900 / 9930 forums has taken all the joy in me of getting this phone.

I have already pre-ordered it and it should arrive anytime soon now.

With all the negativity going around, I hope I don't get a half working phone.

The reviews I've seen Kevin's and other sites too, all make it sound like the best thing made ever since sliced bread.

"I dont want a touch screen" "Camera is crap" "I don't wanna lock my phone but I expect it not to tap anything accidentally waaaa" "Charger doesn't charge my phone anymore" "Phone reboots randomly", etc, etc, etc.

Seriously, is it that bad guys?

Where are all the people enjoying their 9900s? Please pop in and tell me these are just minorities because that's all I see on this forum now it's taken the fun away.
    This is exactly why we need mods to do a better job at finding and filtering out all the posts and topics created to solely to bash and deflate any positivity/enthusiasm on these boards.

This isn't about banning critique, this is about reducing the constant, redundant, and sometimes shockingly uninformed whining/trolling that has gotten worse again, just in time for the new device releases.

That being said, OP, the new devices are a great improvement on the last generation, especially the 9900. Don't listen to the "waaaaaahmbulance" be happy you got yourself an awesome Blackberry.
    08-18-11 11:04 AM
    yea i know how you feel, i was like a 5 year old on crack waiting for mine lol
    thats me right now. im on sprint and the guy said he would have it for me before the 21st. the hours seem to be taking days and my eyes cant take anymore review videos.
    08-18-11 11:07 AM
    The amount of complaints, whining, crying I have seen on the 9900 / 9930 forums has taken all the joy in me of getting this phone.

I have already pre-ordered it and it should arrive anytime soon now.

With all the negativity going around, I hope I don't get a half working phone.

The reviews I've seen Kevin's and other sites too, all make it sound like the best thing made ever since sliced bread.

"I dont want a touch screen" "Camera is crap" "I don't wanna lock my phone but I expect it not to tap anything accidentally waaaa" "Charger doesn't charge my phone anymore" "Phone reboots randomly", etc, etc, etc.

Seriously, is it that bad guys?

Where are all the people enjoying their 9900s? Please pop in and tell me these are just minorities because that's all I see on this forum now it's taken the fun away.
    ML, there were complaints about 9780 too
    howarmat likes this.
    08-18-11 11:09 AM
    Not sure there are really many complaints about the 9900 on this forum. I believe the majority of 9900 users who purchased this are amazed by it. This is just my observation with all the people I know who went out and purchased it(probably around a dozen or so, some moved over from other OS's, most existing BB users). The general feedback I get is that this phone is amazing, and I have to agree with them. Most of these people who I know who purchased the 9900 are not part of the Crackberry family, so they do not log in here and tell everyone how much they love the phone. Maybe if they have a couple issues with it, or if they had issues with it at the start, they would have definitely went online to complain or search for a solution. I'm just saying, most of us who are on this site(as with most forums) are on here because you are 1. a huge BB fan 2. need info on your BB or 3. your having problems on you BB. That's why you hear some complains on this forum, as is the same for every forum out there. The point I'm trying to make, is that most people who happy with their 9900 are not going to go on the forum and say how great this phone is but if people have a bad experience, you will see a lot of complains on the forum board. I do not see or hear or many complaint on this phone at all. The only ones I ever hear are the ones that get repeated over and over, camera and apps. For me, I how I use this BB, it is not an issue. Camera works better than most people give it credit for and I have all the apps I need available to me.

From the feedback I have gotten on this phone which is the same as my own feedback, is that this is the best BB out there and that does say a lot. I cannot get enough of this phone. Not sure why people are complaining, it is not an iPhone and it is not an Android, don't try to compare them to each other because each will have their own faults. It is a BB, and the best one so far.
    dchandler likes this.
    08-18-11 11:50 AM
    This is the way it has always been. People wait and wait and when it gets here some will always complain, other will come to hate.

It is the way it is!
    08-18-11 12:04 PM
    got mine on the 13th.
    no major issues.

only thing to pay attention to, if you're swapping from a previous bb, dont bring your apps over using device switch; rather manually download them again from appworld or wherever

enjoy!!
    08-18-11 12:04 PM
    Not sure there are really many complaints about the 9900 on this forum. I believe the majority of 9900 users who purchased this are amazed by it. This is just my observation with all the people I know who went out and purchased it(probably around a dozen or so, some moved over from other OS's, most existing BB users). The general feedback I get is that this phone is amazing, and I have to agree with them. Most of these people who I know who purchased the 9900 are not part of the Crackberry family, so they do not log in here and tell everyone how much they love the phone. Maybe if they have a couple issues with it, or if they had issues with it at the start, they would have definitely went online to complain or search for a solution. I'm just saying, most of us who are on this site(as with most forums) are on here because you are 1. a huge BB fan 2. need info on your BB or 3. your having problems on you BB. That's why you hear some complains on this forum, as is the same for every forum out there. The point I'm trying to make, is that most people who happy with their 9900 are not going to go on the forum and say how great this phone is but if people have a bad experience, you will see a lot of complains on the forum board. I do not see or hear or many complaint on this phone at all. The only ones I ever hear are the ones that get repeated over and over, camera and apps. For me, I how I use this BB, it is not an issue. Camera works better than most people give it credit for and I have all the apps I need available to me.

From the feedback I have gotten on this phone which is the same as my own feedback, is that this is the best BB out there and that does say a lot. I cannot get enough of this phone. Not sure why people are complaining, it is not an iPhone and it is not an Android, don't try to compare them to each other because each will have their own faults. It is a BB, and the best one so far.
    Very well said, now it makes sense.

I just got mine today and Im thrilled! The best BB ever hands down ! speed, browsing, keyboard, etc
    08-18-11 12:06 PM
    Don't listen to all the whiners. They want everything to be perfect all the time on every device. I swear, some people just live to complain.

I adore this phone - I'm sure you will too!
    08-18-11 12:19 PM
    It's just like anything else. You always hear more negative that positive. It's just the way people are. Is the 9900/9930 perfect? No. In my opinion though, it is the best Blackberry ever made. I left after the Storm and went to a Droid and then to an iPhone. Both were good devices and I still recommend them to people based on their needs. I use my phone for communication 95% of the time. I need to type texts and emails as quickly and accurately as possible. Security is also a big deal for me. IMO nobody does these things better than BB. I have had the 9930 for 2 days and I feel like I returned home. Everything is so fast and easy. I really think that a lot of the people complaining did not buy the right phone for them. Bottom line, I love the 9930.
    08-18-11 01:07 PM
    I love my 9900, (not to say there haven't been a couple of odd things happen)
    So when someone has a complaint I read it and see what has or can be done to fix or get around it. Which is why I don't worry too much when there are complaints because I usually find something out that can benefit me down the line.

Relax and enjoy the new phone, you'll more than likely be very happy.
    08-18-11 01:32 PM
    I love this phone. The only issue I have had is when I tried to transfer my apps from my old device and locked up App World. I am not sure I would really call that a device issue. You can read the sticky post on how to prevent this in the 9900/9930 Forum.

The device itself has been great for me so far. The only missed expectation for me is the battery life. I was expecting two days worth of use before having to recharge but instead it is about on par with my old Storm2 9550. It still gets me through the day so it is fine really. I have been using it a lot initially getting my apps all squared away so the battery life may improve after I get in more of a usual pattern of daily usage.
    08-18-11 01:41 PM
    i have a 9930 and i use it only in GSM network and i m lovin it
    08-18-11 01:49 PM
    Mine is cool
    08-18-11 01:51 PM
    I am so crazy about this phone that I am messing with it all the time. I love the keyboard, the screen is amazing, it is fast, and it is the phone I have always wanted. I bought it at full retail so I spent a fair amount of money for it. The first night I somehow caught my media card on the battery and snapped the card leaving a piece of it stuck in the phone No one has been able to do anything to get the card out and Verizon won't replace it except at full retail again. I will not be able to put a media card in this phone. I tell you this becauise, in spite of that,I love this phone!! It is everything I could want, and I will learn to live withouit a media card! I hope you enjoy your new phone e ven a fraction as much as I'm enjoying mine.
    08-18-11 03:23 PM
    i won't read through all these pages, but i am guessing someone has brought it to the OP's attention that he was one of the ones complaining about the phone before it came out.

oh the irony.
    08-18-11 03:30 PM
    Very well said, now it makes sense.

I just got mine today and Im thrilled! The best BB ever hands down ! speed, browsing, keyboard, etc
    See? Cool, eh. What amazed me was after only using it a few minutes it was already very comfortable in feel. I credit that to the absolutely spectacular keyboard and the addition of touch. Within the same day I was already combining the keyboard and touch motions to basically navigate faster than ever. There are some things where the touch simply makes it a lot easier. Just a brilliant move by RIM.
    08-18-11 03:33 PM
    The only issue I have had is when I tried to transfer my apps from my old device and locked up App World.
    I went through just a little hassle:

I wanted to use BlackBerry Protect to restore, as I did going from my Tour to the Curve 3G. But I opened app world and it was not there. So I cabled up and installed Desktop Manager. I selectively backed up only my contacts and calendar from the Curve. But on the selective restore, DM said the calendar backup was read only and thus not restoreable. (?)

So then I was looking around on the 9330 and saw BlackBerry Protect was already on the device! Duh. So I restored from the cloud and got my calendar and contacts all at once.

I typically never restore apps on any device. I always install fresh.
    08-18-11 03:41 PM
    I can't agree with you more Blaize, One of the biggest features of this bad baby is that it has an upgraded processor, liquid graphics, and a touch screen.

it's like boing to buy a Lamborghini Murci�lago the complaining to the agency that you want to disable 6 of those Cylinders.

If you are not a touch screen fan, don't get this phone
    I liked your attempt at the analogy but I personally would have went with.

It is like wanting to saving money for 10+ years to buy a Hummer (the truck sick people) and then buying an H2. (btw, that is not meant to ofend anyone and their choice of vehicles just the choice change because the name is the same. )

I LOVE MY 9930 BTW!
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 08-18-11 at 03:59 PM.
    08-18-11 03:56 PM
    Best BlackBerry EVER. I love it. Ignore the little gripes/whining, don't let it get you down... it's seriously an Awesome phone.
    08-18-11 04:25 PM
    The Bold is an amazing phone hands down. Forget what all the haters and naysayer's are complaining about. No false hype and over advertising.

ALSO look above my post, the fearless leader & creator of the sight is endorsing the thing.....
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 08-18-11 at 04:56 PM.
    08-18-11 04:52 PM
    I love my 9900, I switched from a 9700 and I am very happy with it!!!
    08-18-11 05:42 PM
    This phone is completely awesome!!
    Ignore all the people who are whining and complaining about it.
    I've only had mine a day, haven't put it down!
    No problems with anything either.
    Seriously you need to get this phone!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 05:46 PM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD