I'll show you "smart arse"... If you don't like the touch screen, wear some gloves.
    08-17-11 10:18 PM
    I love my device.. no complaints at all.. uhh.. maybe that's because I knew what it was, and what I expected before jumping in and I don't ask for lame things like being able to disable the touchscreen on my purposely bought touchscreen phone lol.
    I can't agree with you more Blaize, One of the biggest features of this bad baby is that it has an upgraded processor, liquid graphics, and a touch screen.

it's like going to buy a V12 Lamborghini Murci�lago the complaining to the agency that you want to disable 6 of those Cylinders.

If you are not a touch screen fan, don't get this phone
    Last edited by technology-fanboy; 08-19-11 at 08:51 AM.
    auntrosie and ylefrancois like this.
    08-17-11 10:23 PM
    Sure but you don't buy it knowing it doesn't have that as a feature.. only to complain about the lack of that capability as a feature later.
    Exactly, it was never advertised, or shown in any of the videos that you can disable the touch screen which is a core component of the phone. Then people ask and complain about it and tell you that they don't wanna lock their phone!

Sighh....
    08-17-11 10:26 PM
    Sure but you don't buy it knowing it doesn't have that as a feature.. only to complain about the lack of that capability as a feature later.
    That's a given. Although, did anyone know this was or wasn't a feature (and giving the benefit of the doubt) before release?

I'm not arguing for or against the ability. Just saying it would be better to have than not.

I'd have bought the 9900 without the touchscreen, honestly.
    anon(2729369) likes this.
    08-17-11 10:34 PM
    Why would anyone wants touchscreen on 2.8" screen? Trackpad is the way to go. Even pb needs a trackpad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    anon(2729369) likes this.
    08-17-11 10:39 PM
    That's a given. Although, did anyone know this was or wasn't a feature (and giving the benefit of the doubt) before release?

I'm not arguing for or against the ability. Just saying it would be better to have than not.

I'd have bought the 9900 without the touchscreen, honestly.
    Been a rumor, then confirmed for a while now. And now spec's listed on every purchase site.

Rumored BlackBerry Device Models | CrackBerry.com
    08-17-11 10:43 PM
    Why would anyone wants touchscreen on 2.8" screen? Trackpad is the way to go. Even pb needs a trackpad.

I would, and many others would. If you don't think it makes sense having a touch screen on a 2.8" BB then don't get the 9900. Thats why RIM didn't force their customers to get the 9900 if they want an OS 7 device, and made the 9810 and 9860. I don't get it why do people complain with all these choices? There is a BB suited towards everyone
    08-17-11 10:47 PM
    This is a Blackberry Smartphone HELP and discussion second.

I think you can see the keyword.

No worries.
    08-17-11 10:48 PM
    God, all these whining babies whining about people being whining babies. Get a grip whiners!
    08-17-11 10:48 PM
    Nokia did the same on e6...I think rim is too slow, stay too long on the same form factor.why not make the screen bigger? Wouldn't it be nice to have? Instead of releasing identical phones with updated innards. Too much like apple, eh?
    9900 is too similar to 9000. Maybe cheaper to make. People will still buy it for sure but you sure loose your edge in playing the game this way.

08-17-11 10:53 PM
    God, all these whining babies whining about people being whining babies. Get a grip whiners!
    ^ wouldn't this be called whining too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    howarmat and Rickroller like this.
    08-17-11 11:05 PM
    Some people just like to come in to spoil the fun.. It is part of the forum. I think what make some people fumed is people coming in spewing things like battery dies in 5 hours, charger can't charge. Rim made a big mistake, this phone is a downgrade... I didn't even mention the camera bashing thing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9520 using Tapatalk
    08-17-11 11:09 PM
    loving my 9900. The touchscreen is what makes this phone amazing. if u dont like the touch.screen, dont touch it!

Iphone 4 is now being used by my wife for angry birds. God knows it doesnt work as a phone.

08-17-11 11:26 PM
    Pot meat kettle.

We all have different needs and wants in a phone. Some will love the 99xx. Some will like it. And some will hate it. That's just how it is. It's why we have options.
    08-17-11 11:37 PM
    Thank you guys! for assuring me that I made the right choice again!

It is 6:26 AM here I cannot wait until it will be released any time during the course of the day.
    Lmao..i know you are sitting behind the phone shop

08-17-11 11:39 PM
    why not make the screen bigger? Wouldn't it be nice to have?
    They did make the screen bigger...
    08-17-11 11:42 PM
    There's always going to be some defective units out there when a new device hits. It's a roll of the dice as I said in another thread.
    08-17-11 11:44 PM
    welcome to crackberry. the crying, complaining and negativity never will stop.

the phone is great and i love it but there will always be people trying to take the fun out of it. just dont let it get to you and enjoy your phone
    08-17-11 11:46 PM
    welcome to crackberry. the crying, complaining and negativity never will stop.

the phone is great and i love it but there will always be people trying to take the fun out of it. just dont let it get to you and enjoy your phone
    Thank you! It's only a few more hours and I will have my new toy! I have been waiting for this for 2 months and the past 2 weeks seemed like they were the slowest in my life

I feel like a little child waiting for his christmas toys to be unpacked
    08-17-11 11:49 PM
    Thank you! It's only a few more hours and I will have my new toy! I have been waiting for this for 2 months and the past 2 weeks seemed like they were the slowest in my life

I feel like a little child waiting for his christmas toys to be unpacked
    yea i know how you feel, i was like a 5 year old on crack waiting for mine lol
    08-17-11 11:53 PM
    I'm really looking forward to mine arriving. God willing, and a fast overseas courier will mean we are united by Tuesday/Wed next week.
    where did you order from?
    08-18-11 12:08 AM
    Yes. Well, actually getting it and using it will put that joy right back.

If you like BlackBerrys then this phone is amazing. It justs feels amazing to hold and is a joy to use. Got mine yesterday, and I am still blown away. Battery had bad life on the first charge but after a couple of charges is fine and normal. With the stock VZW official OS. Fast. Fast. Fast.

Other than if someone got a faulty device, in which case I understand how frustrating that is, every BlackBerry "fan" should be proud of the new Bold. It's not QNX but it is fast and it's here now.

Oh and ignore the lame reviewers that praise the hardware and speed, etc. only to wrap the review with a statement like "but it's still a BlackBerry OS and not QNX... therefore it must be bad". How lame.
    08-18-11 09:53 AM
    This is a forum.. you will hear 100 bad things before you hear 1 good thing.. usually people use forums to find out what's BAD about the phone, car, etc etc and how things can be fixed.. that's why it's so helpful to be apart of a community...

forums are for questions about certain topics.. not a place for people to just sit around and say "oh this is nice" hahaa

so don't feel so bad dude.. u made the right choice!! i got some JVM errors etc, but those are not new.. it was just a pain to get it running again.. i decided to keep the phone after the last time it happened (few days ago) and not get another device from rogers because i didn't want the risk of dealing with another problem...

the rest of the phone is flawless and it functions perfectly.. i just hope i don't get another JVM error and it's not locked away deep inside the phone that even a wipe can't take care of.

so enjoy your phone when you get it.. cause it truly is the best BB to date.
    soogriff likes this.
    08-18-11 10:19 AM
    Sorry I wasn't around to whinge, I was to busy enjoying the 9900!

In my belief RIM knocked it outta the park, best to date by far, especially keyboard. Like typing on an angels wing!
    southlander likes this.
    08-18-11 10:23 AM
    No problem with battery, been getting a full day without any problem. Screen is amazing. Camera is ok, fine for most people.
    08-18-11 10:33 AM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD