01-21-12 07:35 AM
30 12
tools
    First thing you must do is provide a list of apps you have installed on your phone so we can appropriately assess whats running. Sounds like you do a fair bit of surfing while on your wifi....the router issue previously mentioned sounds like the most likely place to look.

Rim compresses data to about 50% through DataSmart technology (info available on Rims website), therefore the is no other OS that can use less data! This has been proven time and again.

The newer 3g networks do actually cause more data usage (just by virtue of being 3g). As well, not all web pages you visit will provide you with a mobile version anymore. The webkit browser provides for a substantially improved experience and will cause us to use more data. Previous Blackberry web browsers weren't as friendly, but nor did they inherently use nearly as much data. In my own experience, my data usage doubled when I upgraded to my Bold 9900! This was a shock, but i admit to all the data usage lol. My previous data usage was just under 400mg/mth. Now.......approaching 2g and expect that to go much higher as i just got my Playbook lol.

As you stated, you know have your data usage at 10mg/day (how, i can't imagine haha), and that is well below your monthly allotment. So really does sound like your router may be at the heart of the problem.

Cheers
    01-20-12 06:22 PM
    Just maybe you might of set some podcasts in the background? That solved my Dad's problem.
    01-20-12 11:42 PM
    you sure voda is telling you your correct data usage?

try not using the phone for a day, turn it off and see hoe much data you used.
    01-21-12 12:41 AM
    I have just switched my phone on and getting 2 BBM's and reading the CrackBerry mobile site on an article regarding the PlayBook is 2MB of data used! Does browsing really use that much data?
    01-21-12 02:48 AM
    I have just switched my phone on and getting 2 BBM's and reading the CrackBerry mobile site on an article regarding the PlayBook is 2MB of data used! Does browsing really use that much data?
    Could be possible if you are using the full site rather than the mobile site.

Are you bridging the phone to a PlayBook? You will use data there too if the PlayBook is having the same wifi problems. The PlayBook will start using your cellular data if it looses wifi.
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-21-12 at 07:39 AM.
    01-21-12 07:35 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD