I've been using my trusty BB 9700 with Tmobile since the day it came out. Never a single problem with this phone. I'm still on the original one! I recently switched to Verizon and have been using a temporary LG phone for the past week with no data plan and with a touch screen. Can't wait till my new phone gets delivered tomorrow. FedEx says by 3pm!

I hope the 9930 is as stable and reliable as my 9700!
    JR A likes this.
    12-05-11 07:35 PM
    You're gonna love it
    12-05-11 07:40 PM
    Yupp you sure will love it! I been rocking mine for about a month now and I don't have any complaints.
    12-05-11 07:43 PM
    I love everything about my 9900 too. Except that it's bricked now.
    12-05-11 07:50 PM
    The 9900 is the only worthy successor to the fantastic 9700 to me. I hope you enjoy yours as much!
    12-05-11 07:52 PM
    I'm in the same boat! I've been on the 9700 since the day it came out, although ever since I upgraded it to OS6 it slowed down a lot as if OS6 took up most of its memory. As of recently, it freezes, reboots on its own, and i've been stuck staring at the hour glass icon at the most inoportune times, and it was not performing like it should so I took full advantage of my T-Mobile contract renewal discount.

My 9900 arrives in the mail Thursday! (UPS says by the end of the day)
    12-05-11 07:55 PM
    Had my 9930 since release day, love it! Have fun!
    12-05-11 08:12 PM
    If you don't want your 9700, I'll gladly take it off your hands Just send me a PM or BBM!

Anyway, congrats!
    12-05-11 08:51 PM
    My only gripe about the 9700 was the 'somewhat slow speed of google map'. I use google map daily being a sales rep for a medical company. The 9700 takes a while to load the images when zooming in and zooming out, looking up directions etc. I once used my friends phone android phone and it was extremely fast, almost instantaneous. Any comments on google maps speed? or which of the pre installed map application all of you use?
    12-05-11 10:51 PM
    My only gripe about the 9700 was the 'somewhat slow speed of google map'. I use google map daily being a sales rep for a medical company. The 9700 takes a while to load the images when zooming in and zooming out, looking up directions etc. I once used my friends phone android phone and it was extremely fast, almost instantaneous. Any comments on google maps speed? or which of the pre installed map application all of you use?
    BB Maps just got updated with voice turn by turn. I haven't used this updated version since I've been using TeleNav, which is a paid app ($10 for the year when I bought it).

TeleNav is awesome. Pretty much instantaneous on my 9930. And when I do miss a turn, it re-routes within seconds.
    12-05-11 11:50 PM
    I have a new 9900 on it's way also. Went for a 9810 and really liked it overall but just like the Bold form factor a lot better and really want that keyboard. Can't wait until it gets here. Currently on a 9700, great phone also but it sucks they can't fix the webpage crash issue for OS6 BB users.

Going to install .540 as soon as I get it also. That was by far the best build for 9810.
    12-05-11 11:56 PM
    I've been using my trusty BB 9700 with Tmobile since the day it came out. Never a single problem with this phone. I'm still on the original one! I recently switched to Verizon and have been using a temporary LG phone for the past week with no data plan and with a touch screen. Can't wait till my new phone gets delivered tomorrow. FedEx says by 3pm!

I hope the 9930 is as stable and reliable as my 9700!
    Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones (knock on wood) who have stable 99xx. But as you might have noticed majority of us are having bricking, batt life etc issues like there's no tomorrow.

I loved my 9700 and 9780. I think I should have stuck with em instead of getting the 9900. At least they lasted me a whole work day and then some!
    12-06-11 12:17 AM
    Well its still "slow" on the 99xx can't compare with iPhones or Androids!
    12-06-11 12:20 AM
    Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones (knock on wood) who have stable 99xx. But as you might have noticed majority of us are having bricking, batt life etc issues like there's no tomorrow.

I loved my 9700 and 9780. I think I should have stuck with em instead of getting the 9900. At least they lasted me a whole work day and then some!
    Really? For the battery life? Or are you just upset about the bricking issue?
    12-06-11 12:27 AM
    Really? For the battery life? Or are you just upset about the bricking issue?
    Yes mostly the battery life and the bricking issue as well since my first 9900 got bricked luckily I bought warranty and got it replaced with a Brand new one.
    12-06-11 12:36 AM
    BB Maps just got updated with voice turn by turn. I haven't used this updated version since I've been using TeleNav, which is a paid app ($10 for the year when I bought it).

TeleNav is awesome. Pretty much instantaneous on my 9930. And when I do miss a turn, it re-routes within seconds.
    How can I update Maps with turn by turn voice?
    12-06-11 03:06 AM
    How can I update Maps with turn by turn voice?
    BlackBerry Maps doesn't have turn by turn nor voice navigation, at least not yet.

I think he's referring to the new BlackBerry Traffic 3.0 which includes voice navigation but it's still under Beta, not yet released in App World.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-tra...dance-and-more
    12-06-11 03:37 AM
    BlackBerry Maps doesn't have turn by turn nor voice navigation, at least not yet.

I think he's referring to the new BlackBerry Traffic 3.0 which includes voice navigation but it's still under Beta, not yet released in App World.
    BlackBerry Traffic 3.0 now available in Beta Zone - Adds voice guidance and more | CrackBerry.com
    That's what I thought so too cause I'm a beta tester myself.
    12-06-11 05:19 AM
    Download lifeinpocket from app world. It has turn by turn nav and is free. I use it quite a bit and love it.
    12-06-11 06:23 AM
    Just the autofocus and battery life sometimes
    12-06-11 08:02 AM
    The 9930 is a fantastic Blackberry. I Dont have the battery life issues that I read about so often here, but Im pretty careful to put my phone in stand-by when its in my pocket. I exit or close all the apps I use when I'm done with them, pressing the back or hang up button leaves the programs running. Keep a case on it and rock on!
    12-06-11 08:13 AM
    TeleNav is great, but for now its the worst battery killer. I just plan on plugging the phone into the battery charger while Im using TeleNav. I hope they fix that issue soon.
    12-06-11 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD