But here I am again following the Bold Touch. Currently an iPhone 4 owner, & I'm ready to switch back to BB. Since AT&T doesn't offer the 9700 anymore, I guess I'm back in the boat of waiting for this new epic device.
    03-19-11 01:01 PM
    Yeah I'm long time iPhone user who became an Android user (not by choice, carrier doesn't support iphone), and honestly I'd rather use BB than Android so that's the reason I started following this device. Enjoy the wait, you're not alone.
    03-19-11 02:18 PM
    +1

Current iPhone 4 user, I had a BB 9700 and before that a Palm Pre. Miss the BlackBerry experience, and I love the Bold 9000 form factor.
    03-19-11 05:36 PM
    the current crop of BB's are so antiquated when you have them side by side with the new iPhones and droids. ITs like BB is in another century. Thats why the Bold touch needs to step up and bring RIM into this decade. The TBolt is awesome outside of the battery. If the Bold touch comes close to the newer phones, it will be a hit. if it is similar to the 9650, it will be a huge disappointment.....I think everyone is pulling for rim to make a comeback with this phone
    U basically hit the nail on the head with this comment!! If the Bold touch comes close I am staying....if it's close to the 9650 I can't help but try the iphone! Hope ur enjoying the new investment!!!
    03-19-11 08:49 PM
    But here I am again following the Bold Touch. Currently an iPhone 4 owner, & I'm ready to switch back to BB. Since AT&T doesn't offer the 9700 anymore, I guess I'm back in the boat of waiting for this new epic device.
    What makes you want to come back?
    03-19-11 08:53 PM
    What makes you want to come back?
    I've simply realized that the iPhone is not for me. I barely use the countless number of apps available and the touchscreen has started getting on my nerves for messaging. I had a Tour (before switching to AT&T), and it was basic and simple for my liking. We'll see what further develops with this rumored device.
    03-19-11 08:57 PM
    After following the Playbook forum for months, I told myself the same thing. Yet, here I am following this one.

This has been the holy grail of phones for me since I left the (real Bold) 9000.
    03-20-11 05:44 PM
    Release can't be too far away, some RIM employees have their hands on them now I've been told.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    03-21-11 07:28 PM
    As I've said, I've wanted this phone since I hear of its rumored existence (what seems like years ago). Now I'm wondering: When it is finally released, should I get it right away, or wait for the QNX phones to be released.
    03-21-11 08:00 PM
    Still trying to hold out for this phone, don't want to be tempted by the Motorola Bionic.
    03-21-11 08:54 PM
    As I've said, I've wanted this phone since I hear of its rumored existence (what seems like years ago). Now I'm wondering: When it is finally released, should I get it right away, or wait for the QNX phones to be released.
    I honestly think QNX phones are at least another year away. This next batch that's (rumored to be) due out this summer looks to be a decent step up from current models. I'm due for an upgrade in September, and unless they announce definitively that a QNX phone will be out within a month or two from then <insert hysterical laughter here>, I plan on jumping on either the Bold Touch or Torch 2 just as soon as that discount is applicable.
    03-22-11 12:27 AM
    Yeah this is RIM we're talking about, QNX phones won't come for ages.
    03-22-11 01:34 AM
    I think people will go back to bberry once the playbook is out. Im sure lots of people will find sending BBMs from the tablet a must have...i know i do
    03-22-11 10:01 AM
    Hopefully RIM won't get caught up so much in the Playbook's release and completely backseat their new devices.
    03-22-11 06:30 PM
    Hopefully RIM won't get caught up so much in the Playbook's release and completely backseat their new devices.
    Not gonna happen. Phones will still generate more revenue than the PB
    03-22-11 06:33 PM
    No way that'll happen. When's the last time you've seen RIM plow so many new devices out in such a short time as those that are rumored for middle/late this year? They know they fell behind, they're not going to let the dust settle on them again.

Not to mention the fact that, as much as the PlayBook is a fine stand-alone tablet, it is set up to compliment your BB phone. They're not going to let any buzz over that wane for lack of new, higher-spec phones.

Don't worry, they're coming.
    03-22-11 08:59 PM
    Yeah, I don't expect them at all to sleep on the devices long. I believe that at least a couple (GSM versions) of the new phones will be coming out either right before or right after the playbook in April. This is so people may be able to enjoy both if they can fork out the $ and have 2 new devices to work together. I really hope so. I have been waiting for this phone since the Bold 9000 came out... :/
    03-23-11 09:03 AM
    ^^^Same here, although i don't get why it will have a touch screen.
    03-23-11 09:15 AM
    ^^^Same here, although i don't get why it will have a touch screen.
    As I noted in another thread - I fired up my 9000 once after only 1 week with the Torch, and I instinctively went to tap icons to open apps and swipe the screen to scroll. Obviously you won't need a virtual keyboard, but there are many other uses where a touch screen will be more intuitive to use than the trackpad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 11:32 AM
    As I noted in another thread - I fired up my 9000 once after only 1 week with the Torch, and I instinctively went to tap icons to open apps and swipe the screen to scroll. Obviously you won't need a virtual keyboard, but there are many other uses where a touch screen will be more intuitive to use than the trackpad.

After fooling around with touch devices, I myself have done that with the Bold 9000. I think adding touch to it will make maneuvering within the device faster.
    03-23-11 12:18 PM

I tried the torch and i was using it as any other blackberry...with the trackpad. It makes sense to me to have a touch screen for a virtual keyboard but in this case, there's no need for one right? I went back to the 9700

After fooling around with touch devices, I myself have done that with the Bold 9000. I think adding touch to it will make maneuvering within the device faster.
    I can see that, at the same time making the trackpad more sensible will allow you to do the same. I think a torch should be a torch and RIM should give the market a newer better bold. I guess when the bold touch comes out i will see why having a touch screen is important.
    03-23-11 01:06 PM
    Selection (for anything, in any scenario) is faster with a touchscreen.

You can scroll with the trackpad in the browser for example and instantly touch what item you want to select. Its faster and easier. You do not have to scroll the cursor exactly over the item you want to pick it.

Some people will fight it, but it is faster and better, not to mention double touch selections for copy paste, double touch selections to select multiple items for delete, etc, etc.
    03-23-11 02:18 PM
    Granted BB is barely even a gaming platform, but with all of the new devices supporting opengl, you limit what games can even work if certain devices have no touchscreen.
    03-23-11 02:23 PM
    I thought I would not follow another launch rumor again. I followed the 9700 and Torch. Purchased them both. 9700 too small a screen. Torch to heavy and I have found I miss the bold keyboard. The 9000 was my first and probably favorite. I really am looking forward to this. Also i cant stand the Torch volume. If there is any noise I cant hear via the ear piece and the speaker phone is way too quite.

I use my wife's 3G Curve and keep touching the screen as I am used to my Torch. I think I would like the touch screen on the bold. It seems so much faster.

So excited and can't wait.
    Last edited by rain3man; 03-23-11 at 05:31 PM.
    03-23-11 03:45 PM
    That is funny, I have been waiting for this device since I first heard of it, but after following the Torch, then Playbook, I was like do I want to do this to myself again...? Yep, here I be....
    03-26-11 12:20 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD