Anybody know of a OS5 style today theme for 9900? I miss seeing the info at a quick glance doring work hours
    02-27-12 12:14 PM
    Anybody know of a OS5 style today theme for 9900? I miss seeing the info at a quick glance doring work hours
    I've been patiently waiting since August 2011 for a Today Theme for 9930. We have to wait for Themebuilder 7 to release. The last I heard was March 2011. I've lost faith that will happen as it's gone silent.

I've been using Fancy widgets that is pretty good and a life saver since Today Theme doesn't exist for 9900/9930
    02-28-12 05:50 PM
    Does it really take 6 months to get out the theme builder. The qnx phones will be out before there are themes!
    02-28-12 06:51 PM
    Does it really take 6 months to get out the theme builder. The qnx phones will be out before there are themes!
    I hear ya. I remember not too long ago, RIM was unstoppable.
    02-28-12 07:05 PM
    Themes? What's a theme? Sounds like something I used to buy every couple of weeks, but it's been so long my memory's a little fuzzy on it.
    shadysprings likes this.
    02-28-12 07:31 PM
    With 9930,
    I am looking for a theme that will change the e-mail icons (in e-mail reading list) is that possible, if so can we modify them ourselves? I just want the list to distinguish between inbox and filed e-mails. They look very similar, especially when you view them from a distance.
    Also, would we be able to modify the amount of space each e-mail line takes in the e-mail list?
    02-28-12 09:15 PM
    With 9930,
    I am looking for a theme that will change the e-mail icons (in e-mail reading list) is that possible, if so can we modify them ourselves? I just want the list to distinguish between inbox and filed e-mails. They look very similar, especially when you view them from a distance.
    Also, would we be able to modify the amount of space each e-mail line takes in the e-mail list?
    You can already do some of that without a theme, open messages folder/menu/options/message display and actions/set preview length to 1,2,3,4 lines.

You can also quickly separate emails in messages folder by shortcuts, alt+O all outgoing will be filtered, alt+I incoming, alt+F all flagged, alt+S all sms, alt+M mms etc

All saved emails can be quickly accessed by pressing V from homescreen if you have shortcuts enabled.
    02-29-12 02:40 AM
    Thanks but I was not referring to preview options. I know we can reduce the preview to 1 line plus the sender info but it will never show From --- Subject in one line as it did in earlier OS's. So I can never go back to 13 emails per screen the way I had on my 9700.

Regarding filter, yes, I am aware of the shortcuts and I already disabled displaying of sent emails. So I only see filed and inbox, but that "filed" icon is not very distinctive. I wish we could change that icon. Is that possible? Or the envelope icon?
    02-29-12 09:57 AM
    RIM blames Liquid graphics for screwing with their Theme Builder. I don't know, I have seen some pretty impressive themes lately, and all without the benefit of an official TB.
    02-29-12 10:21 AM
    The problem is not being able to disable the transition effects. It really bothers me, especially the scrolling effect when you go to menu, if I am using S on the keyboard, don't scroll up and down, I know it is a millisecond delay but it's really annoying. Especially from "Save" to "Switch Application" look how much time it takes to scroll up and down (when all you want is Search)
    We kept complaining about iPhone and their interface being slow and cluttered, and now we got the same!..
    02-29-12 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD