what OS you running and hows your battery life?
    05-20-12 12:43 AM
    I'm currently using .284 (Official release by TMO) and my battery life is pretty good. I am getting 2.58% drain rate with fixed settings.
    05-20-12 07:36 AM
    What settings are you using?
    05-20-12 07:58 AM
    Hi there,

Backlight. 10
    Time Out. 20
    Network. 3G
    Bluetooth. Off
    Wi-Fi. Off
    Hotspot. Off
    Deleted, Social feeds, Applications, Facebook, Twitter, Protect apps
    12-18 hours of heavy and Internet. email, calling and SMS use

05-20-12 08:16 AM
    Hi there,

Backlight. 10
    Time Out. 20
    Network. 3G
    Bluetooth. Off
    Wi-Fi. Off
    Hotspot. Off
    Deleted, Social feeds, Applications, Facebook, Twitter, Protect apps
    12-18 hours of heavy and Internet. email, calling and SMS use

is there a difference in deleting social feeds, facebook and twitter and not using them at all?
    05-20-12 08:20 AM
    there is a huge difference if you dont use social feeds, facebook. and twitter, why you ask? because those apps refreshes all the time which waste battery.. My bold dont even last 8 hours! and im running on 7.1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-20-12 08:41 AM
    I'll like to let you guys know that 2.58% drain rate is not constant. It varies from 3.2% and 2.5%. I'll also include BeBuzz because it made a huge impact on my battery life after a changed a couple of settings. Here you go...

Battery Saving Mode - Always On
    Backlight Brigthness - 10
    Backlight Timeout - 20 sec.
    Network Mode - EDGE (Only switch to 4G whenever I want to do some internet browsing or watch a video).
    Wi-Fi - Off (Only use it when available).
    Hotspot - Off
    Bluetooth - Off
    Always close unused apps.
    Facebook/Twitter - Refresh every 1 hour.
    BB News - Refresh every 3 hours.
    BeWeather - Refresh every 3 hours.

BeBuzz;

LED Setting:
    Slow Down LED Flashing After - 1 min.
    Stop LED Flashing After - 2 mins.
    Stop Reminders After - 5 mins.
    Pause Between Flashes - 1 sec.
    Pause Between Slow Flashes - 1 sec.
    Pause Between Idle Flashes - 5 sec.

Those are my settings whereas I get more than 14 hours with moderate useage. Battery life may be different depending on the type of useage on a daily basis.

Please let me know you have any questions.
    Last edited by edu3110; 05-20-12 at 08:48 AM. Reason: missing info.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    05-20-12 08:45 AM
    there is a huge difference if you dont use social feeds, facebook. and twitter, why you ask? because those apps refreshes all the time which waste battery.. My bold dont even last 8 hours! and im running on 7.1
    They only refresh if you have them set to do so.
    05-20-12 08:45 AM
    It is poor, however I think it is associated with my radio constantly switching between, nothing, GPRS, EDGE, 4G, and SOS. But I have noticed that with my WiFi off the "seems" radio stays constant 4G.
    05-20-12 10:54 AM
    They only refresh if you have them set to do so.
    this is true. no need to delete them.

05-20-12 12:31 PM
    I'm running the 7.1 official OS, and get really good battery life. I get all day out of it with BB news updating every hour, FB updating every hour with very frequent FB use, HEAVY text/bbm usage, and roughly 1.5- 2 hours of phone calls a day. i honestly havent had battery issues since using whatever that OS is that it ships with.

I honestly think the folks out there still complaining about battery are either doing something wrong and have the phone setup poorly, or just want to fuss about something.

05-20-12 12:35 PM
    I'm running the 7.1 official OS, and get really good battery life. I get all day out of it with BB news updating every hour, FB updating every hour with very frequent FB use, HEAVY text/bbm usage, and roughly 1.5- 2 hours of phone calls a day. i honestly havent had battery issues since using whatever that OS is that it ships with.

I honestly think the folks out there still complaining about battery are either doing something wrong and have the phone setup poorly, or just want to fuss about something.

oh forgot... i also use tapatalk ALL day

05-20-12 12:36 PM
    oh forgot... i also use tapatalk ALL day

you are using the official tmobile os?
    05-20-12 01:22 PM

What OS are you using?

I spent 95% percent of my battery in only 14 hours and hardly did a anything. That's not even a full day.
    05-21-12 12:05 AM
    Yes. Official 7.1 OS from Tmo. I started using battery saver pro when I did the official 7.0 update and thats when I started getting amazing battery. When I went to 7.1, i deleted the battery saver app to see if i could get good battery life without it... and sure enough i can.

granted i dont get the 2 days of use that my older bold used to get... but my battery life is just fine.

you guys should check to see if one of your apps are running in the background. use the battery analyzer.

05-22-12 10:06 AM
    Yes. Official 7.1 OS from Tmo. I started using battery saver pro when I did the official 7.0 update and thats when I started getting amazing battery. When I went to 7.1, i deleted the battery saver app to see if i could get good battery life without it... and sure enough i can.

granted i dont get the 2 days of use that my older bold used to get... but my battery life is just fine.

you guys should check to see if one of your apps are running in the background. use the battery analyzer.

Which app specifically? There are about 6 that seem to match your description. Will you please share a link to the app you used? Thanks!
    05-22-12 10:25 AM
    Which app specifically? There are about 6 that seem to match your description. Will you please share a link to the app you used? Thanks!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26508

05-22-12 02:29 PM
    is there a difference in deleting social feeds, facebook and twitter and not using them at all?
    Depends how you use them. If FB and twitter are set to not auto refresh and push only (or not very often), then there isn't really any battery usage.
    05-22-12 02:46 PM
    this is true. no need to delete them.

True, but there are other good reasons to delete them. :-))
    05-23-12 05:46 AM
    True, but there are other good reasons to delete them. :-))

true... like in order to avoid getting addicted to checking fb every free chance i get. i hate you, fb!!!!

im kind of addicted to tapatalk too

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD