Ok, so I travel alot and right now I have a Blackberry 9700 (tmobile) under a pay as you go plan. I want the Blackberry 9900 from tmobile, but I dont want any plan with it. Why are they telling me that I have to purchase a $50 per month plan along with the full price of the Blackberry...at $ 600US. I told them I just want to buy the phone.

Would Best buy allow me to buy an unlocked Blackberry 9900??
    09-13-11 08:19 PM
    tmobile no longer sells smart phones without a plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 08:30 PM
    ESN is right, plus T-Mobile have implemented this new pricing structure for buying phones. You have to pay something like $15 a month in your bill, towards the cost of the phone!

Example: BlackBerry 9900, it shows online $299.00. But, you pay for a plan, say $49.99, then $300 cash for the phone, on top of $15 for 20 months. By the time you're done, you'd have paid $600 for a PHONE!
    I had one for three days...

I've since switched to Verizon.
    totallygone likes this.
    09-13-11 08:46 PM
    ESN is right, plus T-Mobile have implemented this new pricing structure for buying phones. You have to pay something like $15 a month in your bill, towards the cost of the phone!

Example: BlackBerry 9900, it shows online $299.00. But, you pay for a plan, say $49.99, then $300 cash for the phone, on top of $15 for 20 months. By the time you're done, you'd have paid $600 for a PHONE!
    I had one for three days...

I've since switched to Verizon.
    This is true...but, a verizon discounted phone with a similar plan would cost significantly more over two years than the TMO plan and full phone cost. So you might want to view all dollars as equal...last time I checked they were.
    totallygone and anon(153966) like this.
    09-13-11 08:51 PM
    Thanks guys. I was wondering if this customer service representative was telling me crap.....I will just have to purchase an unlocked version from Amazon online. The only problem is that they seem to sell them WITHOUT a warranty.....ugh!!!!!!
    09-13-11 08:59 PM
    This is true...but, a verizon discounted phone with a similar plan would cost significantly more over two years than the TMO plan and full phone cost. So you might want to view all dollars as equal...last time I checked they were.
    Go to sprint, love there customer service and cheap plans. They might not have the same coverage as verizon but they do have good coverage and unlimited data!

09-13-11 11:28 PM
    You shouldn't have get a another $50 per month plan if you buy the phone at a no commitment price... I bought all my tmobile phones as no contract never did they once tell me I need another plan... I am on the grandfathered EM+ plan btw
    09-13-11 11:49 PM
    Don't go to sprint, their coverage is unbelievably bad and they don't have true unlimited data.

09-13-11 11:52 PM
    Also on FlexPay and picked up TMO 9900 on launch day with no extra data plan hassles. Walk into a store and buy the phone. No stress.
    09-14-11 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD