guys,

do you need to load the service books or host routing tables manually into the unlocked tmobile 9900 for ATT?

I am thinking about getting it. I know about the 3G issues, but I get a huge discount with Tmobile through our corporate plan for phones.

But the question is, once I get the unlock code, do I have to do anything more than just pop in my sim card and set up the email account. Also, the browser should work immediately right? no setting up service book, or anything like that?

Thanks.
    08-31-11 11:49 PM
    I don't believe so. I popped my sim card right in. EDGE network has been working really well.

Visual voicemail is not working.

Other than the "slow" speed of EDGE, I'm really enjoying the device. I am connected to Wi-Fi about 90% of the day, so I'm really not even experiencing any slow speeds.
    09-01-11 03:29 PM
    Make sure your data plan has the right codes for bis and pop in the sim and wait couple mins and you might want to perform a register now in host routing table... For web browsing you might also need to input at&T apn settings in tcp.
    09-01-11 03:40 PM
    guys,

do you need to load the service books or host routing tables manually into the unlocked tmobile 9900 for ATT?

I am thinking about getting it. I know about the 3G issues, but I get a huge discount with Tmobile through our corporate plan for phones.

But the question is, once I get the unlock code, do I have to do anything more than just pop in my sim card and set up the email account. Also, the browser should work immediately right? no setting up service book, or anything like that?

Thanks.
    Well, i agree with the others.. and if you have a good deal and you can use WIFI then setting a few small things shouldn't be a problem for you to avoid that deal... it's a GSM device so i think you will enjoy it without issues.
    09-01-11 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD