so a few of the new tmo phones that came out support att's 3g bands. this is done to sort of "full proof" phones so that they can still run 3g when, not if, the tmo deal goes through.

is there any word if the tmo bold touch will support att's 3g bands? i really hope so. it would only make sense.
    04-22-11 02:21 AM
    I hope so too. I am looking forward to this phone, and this will be the only thing that's stopping me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 08:46 AM
    Doubtful. And it is if, not when the purchase goes through. There's really no need to reason to include those in there because AT&T will still support those bands that T-Mobile users are going to use, and if not they will allow you to upgrade. And "fool proof" lol
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    04-22-11 12:05 PM
    Doubtful. And it is if, not when the purchase goes through. There's really no need to reason to include those in there because AT&T will still support those bands that T-Mobile users are going to use, and if not they will allow you to upgrade. And "fool proof" lol
    lol, your post gave me a good laugh. thanks. i am much more cynical of our govt, and i would bet money will push that deal through doj by jamming money down their throats. hope im wrong.

tmo has already stuck att's 3g bands on other newly released phones. i would love it for them to do the same with the bold touch. that way, i can continue to use 3g when the deal goes through. i couldnt imagine many people going out to buy the device without tmo doing this. but then again, ive seen people do dumber things
    04-22-11 05:34 PM
    Yeah well it is still IF it goes through. And T-Mobile has what, 2 phones that would work on AT&T bands? The G2x and I think I read the new Galaxy S. Its not like if you buy the Bold Touch and the deal goes through you won't be able to use 3G anymore. You will still have your normal 3G for quite awhile and if not, I'm sure you could easily get an upgrade.
    04-22-11 08:13 PM
    Yeah well it is still IF it goes through. And T-Mobile has what, 2 phones that would work on AT&T bands? The G2x and I think I read the new Galaxy S. Its not like if you buy the Bold Touch and the deal goes through you won't be able to use 3G anymore. You will still have your normal 3G for quite awhile and if not, I'm sure you could easily get an upgrade.
    i guess we'll have to see. to me, it would just make financial sense if they put both radios in there. that way, they can convince customers to buy one. im sure people are not buying loads of new phones from tmo rt now after that anouncement.
    04-22-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD