alright so i just bought a 9900 from craigslist, dude was a tmobile employee, said sealed box but was broken, i bought it anyways for 500, cool person doesn't seem like he was bs-ing, told me to keep his number if i ever want more phones, currently talking to him trying to fix it but its about 2am here now..

Story aside, I'm basically getting a batter icon with X in the middle with the hour glass. I searched around and it could be battery completely dead as the seller said.

I tried a few things, the command prompt method but received and error saying 'directory not found' when i search for cd rim, and bb desktop manager stuck at 'jv reconnecting'. Installed BBSAK, and it doesn't recognize the device.

Also the battery and the charger both seem cold/regular temperature, not hot at all..

Any help?
    10-04-11 02:27 AM
    "sealed box but broken"

this sounds like it means that the box is still sealed (with the sticker on it) but the phone is broke? at least to me.

Anyways, I read on here that it means it's a bad battery. Someone with water damage today was getting that same icon too.
    10-04-11 02:31 AM
    Basically he said it was sealed box, but it wasnt sealed, device has stickers on looked completely clean, he said he had to swap the sim. Seller seems legit without a doubt though but problem is getting it up and running for now. This battery prob looks like a common problem.
    10-04-11 02:33 AM
    Can you stick a different battery in there to see if it works? If not, this looks very similar to some of the water damaged phones I'm reading about.
    10-04-11 02:36 AM
    Don't have any similar battery at all
    10-04-11 02:37 AM
    Don't have any similar battery at all
    If he works for tmob then go into his store when hes on the clock and have him help you by just trying a new battery on it? Or just go into any store and do it i suppose. I have done that before in a Verizon store with a bad battery and they gave me a new replacement.
    10-04-11 02:40 AM
    Did they charge? What should I tell them? Considering i'm on tmo monthly prepaid and got it off craigslist
    10-04-11 02:42 AM
    They didn't charge me anything. I just went in and said I am pretty sure I have a defective battery and explained why I thought so. You could probably just say that it gives you that error and when you looked it up online, it seems to be a defective battery problem.
    10-04-11 04:00 AM
    Every method i try, I keep getting stuck at reconnecting to JVM, can anyone help?
    10-04-11 09:45 AM
    You need to get another battery somehow first. I have a feeling that's your issue. Just head down to your store and tell them you just got it but it's not charging or something like that. Ask them to try a new battery. I don't think they'd give you a hard time.
    10-04-11 10:31 AM
    Don't ever buy from craigslist. The #1 reson: you can't trust people. That's why ebay utilizes paypal, so if you don't get what you wanted, you can allways get your money back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 05:28 PM
    I've bought of craigslist many times without issues. Just have to make sure you test it before you hand over the money.
    10-04-11 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD