Buy Slider Lock - Slide to unlock your phone - Download Slider Lock - Slide to unlock your phone - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World This is the app in question. I have purchased all the other slider lock apps and they all suck **** compared to this. Great find dude, Thanks! My 9900 is now happy
    09-19-11 10:27 PM
    Edit: Sorry, wrong info typed.
    Last edited by simsim1000; 09-20-11 at 05:48 AM.
    09-20-11 05:40 AM
    Buy Slider Lock - Slide to unlock your phone - Download Slider Lock - Slide to unlock your phone - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World This is the app in question. I have purchased all the other slider lock apps and they all suck **** compared to this. Great find dude, Thanks! My 9900 is now happy
    Does it use the top button on the 9900 to lock and unlock or do you have assign it to the convenience key? Is it always running in the background?
    09-20-11 08:00 AM
    Reason i bought this app is i don't use a holster and don't use a case either, i use the phone naked in my pocket and sometimes when taking the phone out of my pocket i found myself clicking on stuff and when i would pull the phone out i would be in dialer or some other apps, and yes i did press the lock button everytime before i put the phone in my pocket .
    Hope this is a good solution for you. After using for a while post a follow up opinion.
    09-20-11 08:59 PM
    does the "k" unlock the phone if you set it up this way?

The 9930 has a physical standby button, the hold "A" key standby short cut, and the "K" key lock shortcut. Between those three features, I don't see why one would need to download an app to keep from pocket dialing.

p.s. yesterday I changed my "launch by dialing" setting in the homescreen menu to "app. shortcuts" (includes the K key lock shortcut) from the default "universal search" and I fell in love once again. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend this setting!
    09-20-11 10:29 PM
    does the "k" unlock the phone if you set it up this way?
    No it only locks it. Same with the A key. Both require hitting the Unlock button, but its a much easier way to lock it when you are using the keyboard
    09-20-11 10:42 PM
    locking is easy...unlocking is a pain.
    09-21-11 09:44 AM
    You don't have to set a password... If you lock the screen and you hit a bunch of buttons it just says that the screen is locked unless you press the lock button again.

The only way the lock button would be useless is if you manage to repeatedly, accidentally hit it and I cannot imagine how you would be hitting it considering it's flush with the bezel...
    Or... use the skin case. I use it and it makes pressing the top lock button significantly more difficult. I can guarantee it'll not get pressed accidentally within a pocket.
    09-21-11 09:52 AM
    I ran pre .400 OS on my 9000 because they got rid of the "hold A for lock, * send to unlock" on later versions. I now have a Torch and am convinced the lock button on this device is evidence RIM is doomed to fail. No company capable of that poor a decision has a future. Also, the very definition of a clueless, sycophant fanboy is "one capable of excusing a feature that uses a single button press to turn off the lock that prevents inadvertent button presses." In other words, some of you need to get your nose out of RIM's *** before you completely suffocate.
    09-21-11 10:03 AM
    you do realize that a lot of people HATE cases of any sort, don't you?

Or... use the skin case. I use it and it makes pressing the top lock button significantly more difficult. I can guarantee it'll not get pressed accidentally within a pocket.
    09-22-11 06:31 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD