I was having alot of problems with my 9900 making calls and pressing keys when in my pocket so i went looking for a screen lock app that would work for me, after going through a bunch of them i have found the perfect one that works 100% of the time with no crashes, it's called slider lock and it costs $1.99 in the app world, me and my girlfriend both use it on our phones and it works great, she has a 9810 i have a 9900. It seems there is a few apps in the app world called slider lock, the correct one is a grey icon with a white arrow. Anyways just tought i would share with you guys.

Gunner
    09-19-11 10:03 AM
    Most bb users i know password their phones since it has direct access to work e-mails
    09-19-11 10:09 AM
    Yeah, I don't bother with that slider garbage. I DL'ed the one mentioned above, with the white arrow and it sux. Storm slider is similar. They are always running in the background. And I can't understand for the life of me why the top button isn't sufficient enough to lock the phone from accidental presses. Its inherent to the OS and if the OS crashes, then the slider app crashes. Waste of 2 bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 10:16 AM
    I'm curious, how did your phone manage to pocket-dial? Don't you lock the phone before sliding them in your pants?
    09-19-11 10:26 AM
    y bother with apps to lock your phone, when there is a physical button to lock/unlock it?
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-19-11 10:44 AM
    ...I'm using an app to lock the phone as well, I'm sure that the physical button will do the job fine but coming from previously using the Torch and all it's terrible unlocking problems (yes, I know it's a different phone entirely but still...) I'm now just a little distrusting of them. Plus the one I'm still using since those Torch days - LockPlus - is a really nice little customisable app that has never given me any problems.
    09-19-11 10:53 AM
    I use something called pattern lock. If you can ignore the child like football football front page, it's ok... does the trick!
    09-19-11 11:18 AM
    Most bb users i know password their phones since it has direct access to work e-mails
    I consider myself an avid BlackBerry user and i don't password lock my phone.
    09-19-11 11:41 AM
    I am an avid BB user as well, and have never password locked any of my BB's. I also cannot understand paying for an app, when there is a physical button on the phone that does what you want. It just blows my mind.
    09-19-11 11:47 AM
    The 9930 has a physical standby button, the hold "A" key standby short cut, and the "K" key lock shortcut. Between those three features, I don't see why one would need to download an app to keep from pocket dialing.

p.s. yesterday I changed my "launch by dialing" setting in the homescreen menu to "app. shortcuts" (includes the K key lock shortcut) from the default "universal search" and I fell in love once again. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend this setting!
    nikolas4129 likes this.
    09-19-11 11:49 AM
    Also for some OS versions that did not work 5.08.22. It locks my phone but not with the password. I have an automatic lock for 2 minutes but at times want it to password lock right away. But with this OS version has been the best for me ( I forgot the reason) I think it was the grouping of texts. so... unless I am doing something wrong ...
    09-19-11 11:57 AM
    is there a program that automatically locks the phone if your backlight goes off (or 5 seconds after it turns off)?
    09-19-11 12:24 PM
    Reason i bought this app is i don't use a holster and don't use a case either, i use the phone naked in my pocket and sometimes when taking the phone out of my pocket i found myself clicking on stuff and when i would pull the phone out i would be in dialer or some other apps, and yes i did press the lock button everytime before i put the phone in my pocket .
    09-19-11 12:28 PM
    is there a program that automatically locks the phone if your backlight goes off (or 5 seconds after it turns off)?
    Don't have it myself, but this does what your looking for:
    Auto Lock - Automatic Screen and Keyboard Lock on CrackBerry App Superstore
    09-19-11 12:28 PM
    Reason i bought this app is i don't use a holster and don't use a case either, i use the phone naked in my pocket and sometimes when taking the phone out of my pocket i found myself clicking on stuff and when i would pull the phone out i would be in dialer or some other apps, and yes i did press the lock button everytime before i put the phone in my pocket .
    Well maybe if this happens alot to you you may want to save your money and the one and only comment someone made here was the lock button on the top of the phone or the shortcut key to lock your phone. How hard can this be. The only other thing is use a holster or case and that will definitly cure your pocket dialing.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-19-11 12:35 PM
    Don't have it myself, but this does what your looking for:
    Auto Lock - Automatic Screen and Keyboard Lock on CrackBerry App Superstore

Yeh have that app already. It uses its own locking mechanism (ie, renders the top button useless).

I know with patternlock, you can utilize the actual lock button to activate patternlock, but the resolution is wacky on the 9900, and no response from the developer on updating.
    09-19-11 01:01 PM
    Why is this even an issue? This phone does not have the "easy to press" lock problem that the Torch had... This makes no sense...
    09-19-11 01:13 PM
    Why is this even an issue? This phone does not have the "easy to press" lock problem that the Torch had... This makes no sense...
    I sometimes forget to press the lock button. The screen would time out, but key presses would still register which could cause accidental presses. RIM should just implement an auto keyboard lock that you can set when the backlight is turned off...
    09-19-11 01:25 PM
    i use a pattern lock because mine too gets hit in my pocket. yes the top lock button is better than the torch but it is still useless. i don't holster my phone and i don't buy a sweet phone to cover it in a case. cases shouldnt be a solution to poor design. i tried password protecting my phone but then in my pocket i would use 6 of 10 chances to unlock my phone. that means after a couple more tries my phone would have been wiped clean all because the top button doesnt do its job.
    09-19-11 01:40 PM
    You don't have to set a password... If you lock the screen and you hit a bunch of buttons it just says that the screen is locked unless you press the lock button again.

The only way the lock button would be useless is if you manage to repeatedly, accidentally hit it and I cannot imagine how you would be hitting it considering it's flush with the bezel...
    09-19-11 01:43 PM
    Just to address all the people wondering why this is an issue...I lock my phone every time I set it down or put it into my pocket. I've done so on every phone I've ever had and the 9930 is the only I've noticed this problem. When I have to slide it into a tight pocket (like jeans) I often times accidentally unlock it and it'll start opening apps. I'm quite aware of where the button is, yet still, it happens. Just my two cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 03:59 PM
    Just to address all the people wondering why this is an issue...I lock my phone every time I set it down or put it into my pocket. I've done so on every phone I've ever had and the 9930 is the only I've noticed this problem. When I have to slide it into a tight pocket (like jeans) I often times accidentally unlock it and it'll start opening apps. I'm quite aware of where the button is, yet still, it happens. Just my two cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I know how you feel. Personally haven't had that issue with my 9900, but the lock button on my 9800 was completely useless. A strong wind blowing on that button would unlock that thing, let alone a pocket...
    09-19-11 05:09 PM
    From your options under display/home screen preferences you can select "launch by typing"
    Application shortcuts. Its the old school equivalent of turning "dial from home screen" to No.
    09-19-11 07:47 PM
    i tried password protecting my phone but then in my pocket i would use 6 of 10 chances to unlock my phone. that means after a couple more tries my phone would have been wiped clean all because the top button doesnt do its job.
    After 4 or 5 incorrect attempts, it requires you to type in the word "blackberry" before you can continue. This is designed to keep you from pocket-wiping your phone, unless you manage to pocket-dial the word blackberry.
    09-19-11 08:32 PM
    Autolock works for me.. except I notice that berrypopup refuses to show itself as often as they used to... Lol..

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX
    09-19-11 10:19 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD