Like everyone else in this thread I was and am still suprised at the loss of battery life on this great phone. I was accostomed to my 9700 That could last forever. With th advancement of cell phone technology and the direction it is now going though that will unfortunately become a thing of the past. This 9900 still does way better than other phones of similar caliber out now. I am able to get through a day no problem, but not two or three anymore. I think as this becomes more common for all cell phone users it will be more the norm to charge in the middle of the day. I am actually getting use out of my car charger now which is a change. And I notice that friends and family are already carrying around their micro usb chargers and cables, so it is not uncommon to bum a charge off of each other.

I honestly think this is just the new normal.
    09-07-11 05:33 PM
    I honestly think this is just the new normal.
    Pretty much, eventually ~6-10 hours is going to be the new normal.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-07-11 05:38 PM
    I can deal with no longer going 2 days without a charge. My phone gets turned off and plugged in when I go to bed.

But a phone that cannot go a normal day (on around 6am, off around 11pm/midnight) under my normal pattern of use (instant messaging and emails throughout the day, some browsing and light app use) is not acceptable to me. It's like getting a car that needs to be re-fueled every 10 blocks...yes it still works, but it definitely isn't ideal.

If there was ever some disaster that struck and the city was without power for a day or two, all the apps or amoled screens in the world aren't going to help. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a return to no apps or 312 mhz cpus, but for me, it's just getting that ideal balance in features, and most importantly phone/communications functionality.
    09-07-11 05:48 PM
    I hope that at least for this phone some kind of alternative presents itself. To keep rockin the 4G I charge it in my car. Generally I dont mind the 2G so I just keep it like that and it lasts. I hope that they do make a higher capacity battery as I would buy that up. I honestly wouldnt mind a thicker phone if it had a fatty battery but it is what it is.
    09-07-11 05:53 PM
    MY 9700 saw service as a beside clock, sitting in its charging pod. Every day started with a full charge, and ended on the charger, and I rarely got below 60-70% of charge. When the charging pod for my 9900 finally arrives, it will do the same. Even though it may go lower after a full day's use, I am confident that the 9900 will perform with no problems.
    09-07-11 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD