FIRST OF ALL, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRICE. THIS IS NOT A FRUSTRATION THREAD. I AM THANKFUL WE HAVE A FREE MARKET...THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A GRIPE THREAD...

As I talk with Verizon reps and read comments in the CB Forums, I may have an idea as to why the $249 price tag on the BB BOLD TOUCH.

Could it be that Verizon does not really want to sell the BB's? Could it be that they are only selling them because they "have" to?

Every store I have gone in they are pushing Androids and they talk down on the BB's? They try and make me feel something is wrong with me for even considering a BB? It isn't working.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Gebo; 08-15-11 at 11:29 AM.
    08-15-11 10:53 AM
    Why would Verizon "have" to sell BlackBerries?
    08-15-11 10:56 AM
    Not to be rude but is the search button missing? There's at least 3 threads on this topic. Apparently the $249 price tag is not an issue if most of the VZW pre orders are now showing out of stock.

via Nexus S 4G
    08-15-11 11:06 AM
    How could the largest carrier not sell "Kleenex"?
    08-15-11 11:08 AM
    Not to be rude but is the search button missing? There's at least 3 threads on this topic. Apparently the $249 price tag is not an issue if most of the VZW pre orders are now showing out of stock.

via Nexus S 4G
    I'm not complaining about the price. Just wondering why, that's all. I'll buy it if it is $199, $249, up to $299!
    08-15-11 11:10 AM
    How could the largest carrier not sell "Kleenex"?
    If they didn't want to sell them, they wouldn't. Look at the Storm2 refresh if you need an example.
    08-15-11 11:10 AM
    If they didn't want to sell them, they wouldn't. Look at the Storm2 refresh if you need an example.
    As a former business owner, I often sold products I hated and would never use but there was such a demand that I "had" to sell them. I increased my profit margin getting all I could before the sizzle died down.

In the business world, most decisions are driven on profits. Not want to's...
    08-15-11 11:14 AM
    They have it. You want it? It's $250!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-15-11 at 11:35 AM.
    atrpm likes this.
    08-15-11 11:17 AM
    All of us that bought it last night actually got it for $199.99

That was for new lines and upgrades with or without NE2
    08-15-11 11:40 AM
    All of us that bought it last night actually got it for $199.99

That was for new lines and upgrades with or without NE2
    I'm actually considering calling Verizon and seeing if they could adjust my price to 199.99. I ordered mine online this moring for 249.99, but I'm the secondary line on an account. I figured that was the correct price, but I've seen others getting it for 199.99 and not even just for primary line. Anyone have any advice?
    08-15-11 11:49 AM
    I'm actually considering calling Verizon and seeing if they could adjust my price to 199.99. I ordered mine online this moring for 249.99, but I'm the secondary line on an account. I figured that was the correct price, but I've seen others getting it for 199.99 and not even just for primary line. Anyone have any advice?
    I would say that it can't hurt to ask. When I placed my order by phone, I was fully expecting to pay $249 as I was under the two years and using early upgrade, however I was only charged $199. I also asked if the overnight shipping charge could be waved and they did that as well. I think it somewhat depends on which rep you get.
    08-15-11 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD