Peopleeeee!!!! Relaxx!!! The battery can be worked around with. I have backlight at 10 and auto dim in 20 second for starters. Moniter ur app usage for a day ur regular usage for the day and watch battery drop hourly. Its not bad, if u know how to manage it. I'm sure its not the battery size but the software, and the leakes os will fix that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the reason why I listed my blackberry history in the last 12 months is to show that I am not new to their devices. My backlight is set to the minimum, auto dim is on at 20 secs. I have deleted ALL my apps except those that came with the blackberry. I have looked at the CPU usage and the memory usage to see if there are apps being used in the background.

Not saying the battery is bad. Saying the battery LIFE is bad. Having said that, I am surprised to read some people saying they can get 2 and even 3 days out of this phone. They must not use it at all.
    08-11-11 02:42 PM
    Not saying the battery is bad. Saying the battery LIFE is bad. Having said that, I am surprised to read some people saying they can get 2 and even 3 days out of this phone. They must not use it at all.
    Interesting.
    I'm amazed at the battery life that some post as well. The BlackBerries that lasted over two days on a single charge(for me) were my 8700, 8300, and my 8310s.
    08-11-11 02:47 PM
    I think most on the boards were sold before the device even came out. But it's always good to hear a positive review for an excellent product.
    08-11-11 02:56 PM
    I can trace battery life back to the 9000 device, it was not stellar and was documented as with newer devices since then. Nothing taking away from the Blackberry. As the devices are getting quicker/faster with more enhancements, the battery life may not make it a full day. Same for other devices. My old iPhone 3G or the Moto Atrix that I returned for the same reason. So, anyone that is actually using the device(email. texting, apps, etc) and getting 8 -10 hrs (or more) battery usage is good compared to others.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-11-11 at 03:11 PM.
    pre456 likes this.
    08-11-11 03:05 PM
    My point Exactly, give it a few updates
    08-11-11 03:24 PM
    My point Exactly, give it a few updates
    D*mn. I was leaning more towards the 9810. Now, undecided again.
    08-11-11 03:31 PM
    I think out of the new shapes, it should either be BOLD or ALL touch Torch, the torch slider is unique, but as using it for a long time.. it gets annoying to slide up and how fat it is.
    08-11-11 03:49 PM
    Dude - you gotta know the good and the bad, or it's not really a review, is it...
    You are right. I stand corrected. Sorry.
    08-11-11 05:43 PM
    I can trace battery life back to the 9000 device, it was not stellar and was documented as with newer devices since then. Nothing taking away from the Blackberry. As the devices are getting quicker/faster with more enhancements, the battery life may not make it a full day. Same for other devices. My old iPhone 3G or the Moto Atrix that I returned for the same reason. So, anyone that is actually using the device(email. texting, apps, etc) and getting 8 -10 hrs (or more) battery usage is good compared to others.
    RIM should have taken the high road here by making the 99XX slightly thicker and providing a battery that could see a real day through...
    ...Instead it looks as if they have created a phone which lasts perhaps a little longer than a droid.
    ...Minus many of the popular droid features.

Perhaps the battery issue is what prompeted them to install an EDOF camera as those low grade systems use significantly less battery.
    08-11-11 06:00 PM
    RIM should have taken the high road here by making the 99XX slightly thicker and providing a battery that could see a real day through...
    ...Instead it looks as if they have created a phone which lasts perhaps a little longer than a droid.
    ...Minus many of the popular droid features.

Perhaps the battery issue is what prompeted them to install an EDOF camera as those low grade systems use significantly less battery.
    I purchased a BA(big azz) battery for my 9000. So, I really wanted RIM to work on that(better battery) now, so that when the LTE QNX devices are available, we won't have to have a Duracell Recharge pack(or whatever) available before or around noon. But, if the device kicks azz, I'll keep a charger with me on the go. Lol. I charge my Torch at church while utilizing YouVersion every Sunday. I am not ashamed of my addiction.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-11-11 at 09:45 PM.
    08-11-11 09:41 PM
    Several of you have said that the 9900 takes really good pictures. In the camera-comparison article posted today (9900 vs 9780), the 9900's pictures looked blurry and not nearly as good as the 9780. Are you saying that your experience with the camera so far is different than what was shown in the article? Are your pictures blurry?
    08-11-11 11:01 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD