pre456....how about the "close up" camera function?
    Will it take fair pix @ close range...say..1'
    08-10-11 07:13 PM
    too true the rioting is so embarrassing for the countries reputation
    can not wait to get my bold 9900 and this post only makes me happier
    Less embarrassing for the country and MORE for RIM. Evidently the demographic of the average RIM user has changed on a massive level - the device is now the primary communication tool for "thug activitists" instead of the business person.

WOW!
    08-10-11 07:24 PM
    Less embarrassing for the country and MORE for RIM. Evidently the demographic of the average RIM user has changed on a massive level - the device is now the primary communication tool for "thug activitists" instead of the business person.

WOW!
    I dont see how its RIM being embarrassed. I dont know the details. As far as the thug activist thats how versitile the BB is from thug activist - President of America BB fits all (not to offend anyone)
    08-10-11 07:38 PM
    I dont see how its RIM being embarrassed. I dont know the details. As far as the thug activist thats how versitile the BB is from thug activist - President of America BB fits all (not to offend anyone)
    I was trying to find a "non-combative" way to say this too.
    Why is it RIM's fault????
    I have some bbm friends that told me the revolts in Egypt were possible in a large part by bbm.
    The Egyptian Government couldn't crack bbm and Egyptian bb users flourished.
    08-10-11 07:44 PM
    What I meant by saying that is in 2008 everyone would have thought thugs using BB's would have been really odd...
    ...Because the general demographic of RIMS customer was corporate and business related.
    ...With corporate america shifting toward iphone and droid this is a rather large change.

BTW, I absolutely agree with you about B.O.
    melb_me likes this.
    08-11-11 01:26 AM
    pre456....how about the "close up" camera function?
    Will it take fair pix @ close range...say..1'
    I was testing that today, and my results seem the same as my playbook. Its fair, not the bright crisp my torch used to take, but it can be tweaked with the lighting and stuff to create a useful picture.
    08-11-11 01:47 AM
    What I meant by saying that is in 2008 everyone would have thought thugs using BB's would have been really odd...
    ...Because the general demographic of RIMS customer was corporate and business related.
    ...With corporate america shifting toward iphone and droid this is a rather large change.

BTW, I absolutely agree with you about B.O.
    As BB is so successful, it is being and will always be singled out - like Mr. Lazard.. something.. said on BBC

Just not fair lol but meh.. this is the business world.
    08-11-11 01:49 AM
    i agree. i got mine today and i love it so far. it really is a well built good looking device and performs amazing. this is what a bold should be like!
    pre456 likes this.
    08-11-11 02:01 AM
    That Wikitude app looks pretty good. I wonder how useful it could be in daily life?
    08-11-11 02:03 AM
    That Wikitude app looks pretty good. I wonder how useful it could be in daily life?
    So far, Its amazing how you can choose to be visible to all bbm users around you.. and see them.. and talk to them.. about how they like the new os 7.. and for me this option can be used like me going to a new area and find a random bbm user there to ask questions about the location or area.

Twitter is cool, altho im not on twitter and have no idea what there updates mean! lol but its cool to see what a person on my street had to say.

I can use wiki and other cool options within when you go to a new city and have no idea whats around you move your camera around to find things. Its pretty darn cool, and keep in mind this is the beginning !
    08-11-11 02:15 AM
    Very encouraging review about the device. Non biased and true.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-11-11 03:18 AM
    stop teasing us 3rd world UK users
    maybe once the rioting stops and the banks all rejoice we shall get it.....
    Orange uk have it on there web site so knowing orange it will be about 5/7 days so not long now
    08-11-11 04:04 AM
    Orange uk have it on there web site so knowing orange it will be about 5/7 days so not long now
    vodafone was expected to be the first of the UK carriers to release it

who has a better reputation and a better network ?
    08-11-11 04:19 AM
    The 9900 is an amazing phone, RIM will do well with this thing.
    08-11-11 05:02 AM
    Taking a quick photo with my phone every once in awhile is normally what I do as far as pictures go so no big deal there. Battery life might be a bit less than I hoped but, atleast I can swap the battery out with a spare or get an extended one. The preview videos show these BlackBerry devices boot rather quickly. So again I think I'll be fine with it. The full qwerty keyboard is what I'm really looking forward too. Just don't like typing on glass. It feels un-natural and I make mistakes I never made on old qwerty phones I used to use. Getting the new bold when it's available and no one will stop me.
    08-11-11 05:12 AM
    I want to point out that battery life in 12 hours came to about 50 percent drop, even tho I wasn't playing games on it, I was txtin and bbm and browsing and calling frequentely and dere were large standby intervals in between but honestly that's a normal usage of anyone of us. Unless u work in a call center so I'm saying battery is pretty good.

You will love the phone, seriously will. I can't get my hands off it
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-11-11 06:02 AM
    I want to point out that battery life in 12 hours came to about 50 percent drop, even tho I wasn't playing games on it, I was txtin and bbm and browsing and calling frequentely and dere were large standby intervals in between but honestly that's a normal usage of anyone of us. Unless u work in a call center so I'm saying battery is pretty good.

You will love the phone, seriously will. I can't get my hands off it

wow. after 13 hours, my phone died. Maybe I need to exchange my phone. This is day 2 with my phone and after a full charge, I unplugged at 8am It is 11:10am now. I am at 65%.
    08-11-11 10:12 AM
    wow. after 13 hours, my phone died. Maybe I need to exchange my phone. This is day 2 with my phone and after a full charge, I unplugged at 8am It is 11:10am now. I am at 65%.
    Battery performance of 9900/9930 is a very grey area and I saw many conflicting reviews on it. So assuming the worst, I think we are in for a disappointment in battery performance.
    08-11-11 10:42 AM
    mine lasted more than 12 hrs from stock charged from the box
    (yes, I did connect my phone to my pc for file transfer but less than 20 mins)
    then it finally went to orange colour (not red, so technically not dead)

I LOVE MY 9900
    08-11-11 11:24 AM
    Oh my goodness... Please... I beg you... No negative comment, remark or statement about the new Bold please.. I just want to marvel and worship it for a little longer. Surely that's not too much to ask?

Perhaps, someone can open two new threads to discuss 9900 instead of a general thread like this one? Positive review and Negative review of 9900. This way, we can select what kind of review we want to read.
    melb_me and melb_me like this.
    08-11-11 11:24 AM
    Battery performance of 9900/9930 is a very grey area and I saw many conflicting reviews on it. So assuming the worst, I think we are in for a disappointment in battery performance.
    I am at 4.5 hours since I unplugged this morning. 50% already. My usage is not any more than what I would have used on my 9780. My 9780 would be like 80-85% at this point.

A lot of people will question me about apps, usage, etc. Let's just say this isn't my first blackberry. This is my 4th blackberry in the last 12 months (9700, 9780, 9800, 9900)
    08-11-11 11:39 AM
    Oh my goodness... Please... I beg you... No negative comment, remark or statement about the new Bold please.. I just want to marvel and worship it for a little longer. Surely that's not too much to ask?

Perhaps, someone can open two new threads to discuss 9900 instead of a general thread like this one? Positive review and Negative review of 9900. This way, we can select what kind of review we want to read.
    Dude - you gotta know the good and the bad, or it's not really a review, is it...
    BBxpress and Blacklatino like this.
    08-11-11 11:44 AM
    Peopleeeee!!!! Relaxx!!! The battery can be worked around with. I have backlight at 10 and auto dim in 20 second for starters. Moniter ur app usage for a day ur regular usage for the day and watch battery drop hourly. Its not bad, if u know how to manage it. I'm sure its not the battery size but the software, and the leakes os will fix that

08-11-11 02:17 PM
    It is not necessary to think about bold 9900 because it is a very stunning phone. It is very attractive in look. It is very attractive also and looks decent than other phone. It is very expensive but it offers many excellent features with it.
    08-11-11 02:29 PM
    i got my bold 9900 from rogers plus yesterday south common mall mississauga, and they have it in stock as well to buy outright. even though im with bell, i unlocked it right away even after reading that warranty gets voided.
    anywayz, back to the point, there are some people complaining about ram, autofocus, and battery. yes the memory size might not be alot, the fact that 3d rollercoaster gets installed in sd card not phone itself is enough for me. it will not affect the user experience and the 3d gamings coming.

the camera takes amazing pictures, and satisfies the average user. battery i noticed was drained pretty quick, but as a bb users we know the great leak os are on their way to help this issue. keeping all that in mind, blackberry bold 9900 is the best phone ever made from rim. the light weight in your hand takes the blackberry experience to the next level, and the speed of os7 exceeds my expectation.

i have never had a phone that even 6 hrs of brutal usage, everytime i use it, makes me appreciate the blackberry experience even more. I have to admit, i am a crackberry addict through and through. thank you rim, for bb 9900. it was much needed.

now my question to the users, where is the wikitude app, is it still in process or has a name i do not know off. also excuse the typing, im on the playbook and waiting to charge my bold 100% so i can test the battery.
    Thanks for the review. Glad someone has mentioned the battery life. Crackberry Addict as well.
    08-11-11 02:39 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD