i got my bold 9900 from rogers plus yesterday south common mall mississauga, and they have it in stock as well to buy outright. even though im with bell, i unlocked it right away even after reading that warranty gets voided.
    anywayz, back to the point, there are some people complaining about ram, autofocus, and battery. yes the memory size might not be alot, the fact that 3d rollercoaster gets installed in sd card not phone itself is enough for me. it will not affect the user experience and the 3d gamings coming.

the camera takes amazing pictures, and satisfies the average user. battery i noticed was drained pretty quick, but as a bb users we know the great leak os are on their way to help this issue. keeping all that in mind, blackberry bold 9900 is the best phone ever made from rim. the light weight in your hand takes the blackberry experience to the next level, and the speed of os7 exceeds my expectation.

i have never had a phone that even 6 hrs of brutal usage, everytime i use it, makes me appreciate the blackberry experience even more. I have to admit, i am a crackberry addict through and through. thank you rim, for bb 9900. it was much needed.

now my question to the users, where is the wikitude app, is it still in process or has a name i do not know off. also excuse the typing, im on the playbook and waiting to charge my bold 100% so i can test the battery.
    Last edited by pre456; 08-10-11 at 02:57 AM.
    Masahiro, Siiid, Mikey112 and 11 others like this.
    08-10-11 02:52 AM
    Agreed. This phone is well worth the wait. All that stuff about auto-focus, memory, wifi-hotspot, etc. really doesn't matter to me. What I was most looking forward to was the keyboard and the nice landscape screen. Both are absolutely terrific. Everything else is gravy, although Liquid Graphics is very fun. It feels like I have an iPhone, except I don't actually have to own an iPhone!
    pre456 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    08-10-11 03:00 AM
    stop teasing us 3rd world UK users
    maybe once the rioting stops and the banks all rejoice we shall get it.....
    08-10-11 03:23 AM
    believe me, it is good to wait, it will be worth it.
    08-10-11 03:42 AM
    Thank you pre456 and Masahiro. You guys have really confirmed my appreciation for the Bold 99xx. Just from extensive research through videos and word of mouth I have been excited.

Pre you made a great point that I think many fail to see about the 3d content being stored on the sd card. I think people think the Bold will not be capable of great apps which I disagree with.

I think my only concern is the edof camera at close range and battery life. But I think I will manage with the camera and learn my way around it. Also, like you said software updates will come and I am sure the battery/radio will be optimized. If they can get the Bold to last a full day with moderate/heavy use then I am set.

I can't wait for Verizon to get it here in the states as I will be picking it up first day.
    08-10-11 03:46 AM
    My question is for pre456. How is the bridge connection quality with Playbook. Did the bridge speed increased with 9900?
    08-10-11 03:47 AM
    wikitude - Error - BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by shahriyar; 08-10-11 at 05:12 AM.
    pre456 likes this.
    08-10-11 03:47 AM
    blackberry bridge seems faster in launching apps, the delays have reduced. bridge browser is working at the same speed of wifi, but i believe that might be the h+ network from bell. overall, a much better bridge experience for playbook. os7 also gives a cool notification on the top screen while connected.
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-10-11 04:04 AM
    blackberry bridge seems faster in launching apps, the delays have reduced. bridge browser is working at the same speed of wifi, but i believe that might be the h+ network from bell. overall, a much better bridge experience for playbook. os7 also gives a cool notification on the top screen while connected.
    is that app working on os7? failed on my torch os6
    08-10-11 04:40 AM
    If you are refering to the wikitude app, yes it works great. Thanks alot mate.
    Although I can not find exactly how to set the compass right, if anyone got a hang of it please let me know.
    08-10-11 04:56 AM
    Although I can not find exactly how to set the compass right, if anyone got a hang of it please let me know.
    You really got to flip the thing around before it vibrates.
    08-10-11 04:57 AM
    Midair? set it down on a table? movie it around? and does it have to be done everytime?
    08-10-11 04:58 AM
    Midair? set it down on a table? movie it around? and does it have to be done everytime?
    I pretended it was one of those toy planes and made it go soaring around my head. Making airplane noises helps too. :P Ok, maybe I'm kidding with the last part.

Yeah, it seems to require calibration quite often... I'm not sure why. Hope it remains useful without having to do that.
    johnmarki and pre456 like this.
    08-10-11 05:01 AM
    If you are refering to the wikitude app, yes it works great. Thanks alot mate.
    cool
    i cant download on os6 just shows info
    08-10-11 05:19 AM
    You can not install wikitude on OS 6.0 devices.
    08-10-11 05:23 AM
    Its a os7 app, it needs the built in compass, but I do want to point out, it is an amazingg app!
    08-10-11 05:24 AM
    yeah....but at #bb7fannight event, rim's guy said it will be available on Os6 but only on map view. time to get 9900
    08-10-11 05:47 AM
    This may be a dumb question but what does the wikitude app actually do?
    08-10-11 05:59 AM
    Ok never mind I just watched the video.
    08-10-11 06:02 AM
    Very nice app, although I don't see anyone from my bbm showing up. Which I think is because no one has os7 yet.
    08-10-11 06:14 AM
    yeah. other phone must have wikitude. no matter if its OS6
    08-10-11 06:19 AM
    Very nice app, although I don't see anyone from my bbm showing up. Which I think is because no one has os7 yet.
    Yeah, and that's gonna kinda suck IMHO.. All of my friends that have blackberries have like the curve and they aren't so anxious like me to upgrade so it's going to be years before people start showing up on the wikitude BBM, and that's granted that the few friends even stay with blackberry oh well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 06:20 AM
    I am sure as the trend continues, you will find multi platform os using wikitude, so don't fret my fellow crackberrians
    08-10-11 06:39 AM
    stop teasing us 3rd world UK users
    maybe once the rioting stops and the banks all rejoice we shall get it.....
    too true the rioting is so embarrassing for the countries reputation
    can not wait to get my bold 9900 and this post only makes me happier
    pre456 likes this.
    08-10-11 06:47 AM
    Ok never mind I just watched the video.
    Depending on which video you watched, you might not have seen what is in my opinion the coolest feature. The BBM integration. In a crowd of people you can pan around and little BBM bubbles will appear over the heads of the BlackBerry users. How cool is that.
    08-10-11 06:32 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD