Only BBM? how about security? Keyboard for Emails? Reliability? and clear conscience?
    diegonei likes this.
    09-17-11 12:46 AM
    You're right. you just have to ask them for their phone number.
    so is it just like whatsapp or something ? lol ! A friend of mine , he's an apple lover .. so He came and told me am just waiting for iOS 5 to come out ! Everyone will stop using BB coz of the new iMessage !
    09-17-11 08:16 AM
    You can't be serious! BBM is the ONLY reason RIM exists!!!??? What a laugh.
    OK I agree .. But let's make RIM remove BBM from their phones ! I don't think anyone out there will buy the phone ! What for ?? What other feature does it have that other phones don't have ?
    09-17-11 08:19 AM
    Disagree. I came back to BB after using 5 top of the line android devices and BBM is certainly not one of them. I only have 1 friend that has BBM. You can't just go making assumptions based on your beliefs. You have to take an unbiased approach when trying to make generalizations or they will be flawed.

Things that BB has that no one else does.
    1. Great keyboard
    2. LED notification (Decent number of Android devices don't even have it and if they do they are just single colored now. The X had multiple color, Thunderbolt had only 1, Charge had none, and Incredible 2 has single color).
    3.Battery life is much better on BB. With my last Droid Charge, I had brightness on 20%, bluetooth and wifi off, forced to 3g, and I get 14 hours max on light use. On the BB 9930 I get 18-20ish on moderate to slightly heavy usage.
    4. Call quality was subpar on average on the Android platform. The TB had great call quality and the X had acceptable call quality. All the other 3 that I had did not fare so well.

There are more I am sure but hey I doubt you'll be reading this anyways so why bother writing any more?

First of all , I read all of this .. and this was only my opinion ! I agree , a great keyboard , "LED notification" , battery life etc... But what brought android here ? I guess I was talking about Apple and iphone ! And I'm a blackberry addict ! and would never change if whatever ! My point is , RIM should tighten their work a little on apps ! May be QNX would have the things we want in BB !
    And why are you agressive towards the issue ?! I was just trying to discuss this issue !
    09-17-11 08:28 AM
    You're right. you just have to ask them for their phone number.
    but what about people who have iPod Touches?

I am assuming those will be upgradeable to iOS5 or at least new, updated versions will.

EDIT: would you use the Apple ID? Simiar to the BlackBerry ID?
    Last edited by willtothewong; 09-17-11 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Update
    09-17-11 08:34 AM
    Well, the only reason why Blackberry is living is BBM ! Without that , there's no RIM , no blackberry , nothing !
    And Apple lives for its wide variety of cool and useful apps ! And some other features , which honestly , Blackberry doesn't have .
    But then Apple decided to make an alloy of BB and Apple by adding "iMessage" to their new iOS 5 coming this fall , and I really don't know if they're gonna succeed in this imessage . But its clearly taken from BB , because no other phone has such a way of messaging and chatting in this easy way ! In this case , I guess Apple is gonna have even more sales , after iPhone 5 comes out and we still don't know anything precise about how iphone 5 will look like or what even new features it will have !
    I suggest RIM to expand their work on the appworld and their apps ..
    My Opinion !
    Honestly, BBM is not the reason. I don't know one friend that has a BB, all iPhones and android devices. BBM is not a use for me at all.
    09-17-11 09:23 AM
    how can human chat on a touchscreen? yes you can type/email but no way you can do constant chat without physical keyboard.
    I do it all the time on either phone - keyboard or touchscreen - doesn't matter. The touchscreen splits into display on top and virtual keys on the bottom. Am I misunderstanding you?
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-17-11 10:20 AM
    They all copy whatever is best and not strongly patent-protected. The new Bold has a very awesome stainless steel band around it that is similar to the iPhone's trim.

I say copy away. Copy and improve. RIM should do the same. It is good for us all.
    the stainless steel band, was originated from the bold 9000
    dani-b and chiefbroski like this.
    09-17-11 10:37 AM
    @LiteBulb : Thank You
    09-17-11 12:04 PM
    The stainless steel colored plastic band ;D
    09-17-11 12:28 PM
    Why did you make this thread? What did you expect to see on a blackberry forum? You come here and say BB is only alive because of BBM (which is a fabrication).

In fact, blackberry exists for secure push email. So you can take your ill-informed opinions and terrible typing and go **** off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nikolas4129 likes this.
    09-17-11 03:35 PM
    Apple faked the Blackberry.
    09-18-11 09:03 PM
    Why did you make this thread? What did you expect to see on a blackberry forum? You come here and say BB is only alive because of BBM (which is a fabrication).

In fact, blackberry exists for secure push email. So you can take your ill-informed opinions and terrible typing and go **** off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 I'm with you 100 percent, also no one mentioned about all those useful shortcuts BB's have that i can't imagine my life without
    09-18-11 10:24 PM
    +1 I'm with you 100 percent, also no one mentioned about all those useful shortcuts BB's have that i can't imagine my life without

It's funny how BB users stay away from apple forums. iusers on this forum are like bedbugs. Tough to get rid of and of no use whatsoever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-19-11 12:36 PM
    It's funny how BB users stay away from apple forums.
    Do you actually believe this?
    09-19-11 01:35 PM
    Sorry, but that was not a stainless steel band on the 9000.
    09-19-11 01:35 PM
    It's funny how BB users stay away from apple forums. iusers on this forum are like bedbugs. Tough to get rid of and of no use whatsoever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    exactly right

why we not going to apple forum ? nothing to learn i guess ....
    I think its very simple..One Home Button and go from there
    Last edited by joju58; 09-19-11 at 01:39 PM.
    09-19-11 01:36 PM
    Just gotta say, there are threads that have people say why they are still with Blackberry, and there are more reasons than BBM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...iphone-651044/

http://crackberry.com/top-10-reasons...-no-blackberry (this is old though so some of the reasons are valid anymore)

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-639535/

I would list more, but I'm lazy...

Maybe its because most of us don't want to spend extra money to get a new device because we are in a contract? Or maybe we like getting work emails quick? Or maybe its because the physical keyboard is popular with many? Or could it be that the battery life is great? With 70 million users around, I think every one of us has specific reasons why we are with Blackberry.
    09-19-11 02:08 PM
    Do you actually believe this?
    Yeah I do. Else I would not have typed it. Far more iusers and adros come here than the other way around. Apple forums are pretty quick to kill flame posts and their mods seem to boot/ban trouble makers with a one post notice.
    09-19-11 02:26 PM
    and let's not forget the data compression on BB which in view of the new capped data plans will last you longer than the same usage on a iPhone or Android
    09-19-11 02:29 PM
    To the OP, BBM isn't the only thing keeping RIM alive.

Personally I think BBM sucks. I have one friend left who uses a Blackberry (at one point I had 10 or more). I have 2 BBM contacts and have been considering deleting the app. It's useless and pointless for someone like me.
    09-19-11 02:35 PM
    To the OP, BBM isn't the only thing keeping RIM alive.

Personally I think BBM sucks. I have one friend left who uses a Blackberry (at one point I had 10 or more). I have 2 BBM contacts and have been considering deleting the app. It's useless and pointless for someone like me.
    Not on my end here, i keep within BBM app also my friends who's not a bb users (that's one of many good features bbm app has, you can add (invite) people you chat with who's not a bb users, so you keep them all in one place
    09-19-11 03:40 PM
    and let's not forget the data compression on BB which in view of the new capped data plans will last you longer than the same usage on a iPhone or Android
    +1... another great reason to stay with BB
    09-19-11 03:41 PM
    Not on my end here, i keep within BBM app also my friends who's not a bb users (that's one of many good features bbm app has, you can add (invite) people you chat with who's not a bb users, so you keep them all in one place
    I see where your coming from. Whenever I mention BBM my friends all laugh.. they have good old time, then go right back to whatever they were doing on their Andriods. *Sigh*...

I still like my Blackberry though, I'll ride this one out til the end.
    09-19-11 03:49 PM
    iMessage is a poor relation of BBM.

1. iMessage won't be successful until a significant number of iPhone owners have signed up. That could take a while. RIM has several years head start.

2. It's one thing to talk about handling millions of messages, quite another to actually handle the load. Once again RIM has several years head start (and even now occasionally they have problems).

3. iMessage has significantly less function that does BBM. Including new stuff like BBM Music which oddly enough I quite like - even though I'm surprised at myself.
    09-19-11 04:02 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD