I have a 9700 and am waiting for a new bold to be released that has everything including battery life that matches the 9700. Is there a new bold being released this year? Something like perhaps a Bold 10,000 model? Should I just make do with the reduced battery life of the 9900 and bite the bullet and buy one now, instead of waiting for the Bold 10,000 model to be released later this year?
    04-24-12 11:13 PM
    It won't be released til Q4 this year at the earliest. If you can wait another 6 months, then do that. If you're itching to join the super cool 9900/30 club, you're welcome too.

Also, I'm experiencing pretty great battery life. I could get about 30 hours
    04-24-12 11:15 PM
    I agree with Jwang217.
    04-25-12 12:12 AM
    Seriously though I switched to iPhone and I love it every day. My blackberry would freeze up every other day and I would have to pull the battery and wait 5 minutes to reboot, it was ridiculous. Get a iPhone u will realize the difference is massive and glorious.
    04-25-12 12:17 AM
    I carry the iphone 4 on the left hip and the Bold 9700 on the right hip.
    04-25-12 12:23 AM
    Put a Lumia 900 in your back left pocket and an HTC EVO LTE in your other back pocket. Or just get a tool belt and put them all there. All your problems will definitely be solved.

Sorry for the sarcasm. I couldn't resist.
    mileaway likes this.
    04-25-12 01:38 AM
    I would definitely have more than two phones if AT&T ever has a shared data family plan.
    zurch likes this.
    04-25-12 09:59 AM
    Seriously though I switched to iPhone and I love it every day. My blackberry would freeze up every other day and I would have to pull the battery and wait 5 minutes to reboot, it was ridiculous. Get a iPhone u will realize the difference is massive and glorious.
    I just ditched an iphone 4s to get a 9900. As a toy the iphone is great but as a phone it falls short IMO. Having said that I do have an ipod touch so I can still get my iOS fix from that. :-)
    04-25-12 10:23 AM
    Chasing the "next best thing" is a losing battle. Find something you're happy with and stick with it awhile. If you're somewhat content on your current device, don't upgrade just because you want something newer and shinier.

If you WANT the 9900, get it. If you are just doing it to have something that is "upgraded".. learn to be satisfied with what you have, because after you upgrade there will always be something newer, better, faster..

I just ditched an iphone 4s to get a 9900. As a toy the iphone is great but as a phone it falls short IMO. Having said that I do have an ipod touch so I can still get my iOS fix from that. :-)
    This is exactly how my husband and I feel as well. We have iPod touches to play with the pretty games and music.. but honestly the iPhone is just a toy that can also take phone calls; the BlackBerry is a phone that can also do other things. Ultimately I got the BB 9900 because I like to type on my phone (texting, social networking, emailing, etc) and have not been disappointed so far. On-screen keyboards drive me mad.
    04-25-12 12:43 PM
    Not before Q4. Buy 9900/9930.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-25-12 12:48 PM
    I agree with some other posters here. It's a losing battle chasing that next hot phone. Find what works for you and go for it. The 9900/9930 is a wonderful device.
    04-25-12 01:04 PM
    If the vast majority of the individuals purchasing smart phones shared your view...
    ...RIM wouldn't be in the position it is now.

I would be one of the folks who has both a 9930 & an iphone 4S and the contrast between them is massive....
    ....Aside from the password keeper and the ability to rename files on the go.
    ....And the slick ability to drag and drop from any computer the BB fails.

A high number of .pdf's that open just fine on the iphone & droids simply won't open on the Blackberry....
    ....All you get is a white page with a red X through it - does not matter how the pdf is loaded onto the phone either.

Still can't get large .pdf's on a BB like you can on either Droid or iphone & same goes for email....
    ...The camera on the 9930 is not functional for close up detail like text.
    ...And the BB does not support SKYPE or literally any business APPS.

What I love about my BB is the Password Keeper, the keyboard & the size of the device....
    ...& aside from the junk camera believe the quality RIM put into their BB is second to none!
    ...It's just the device utterly fails for a "business device" & is pathetic for the standard fun stuff.

Example:
    Just bought an I.P. security camera and installed it in my house and within two minutes had an app on the iphone that allows me to punch in at any time and view live video feed off what's going on.

Using SKYPE I can video chat with another person on either a Droid or Apple.

I have access to a boatload of business related APPS that actually make my job easier with my iphone.....
    ...Serious APPS that allow me to do things I used to have use a PC for.
    ...The list is massive and it keeps getting larger with more distance between RIM.

I seriously hope that RIM is able to keep their boat floating but they are in a very bad place now.....
    ....They has essestially LOST the business community and people who want a fun phone.
    ....Would only consider a BB if they can't afford a Droid or iphone.

RIM simply can't afford to release another phone without coming to the party with everything the other devices have....
    ...The last few years they have been bringing clown shoes and water balloons to gun fights.
    ...The aftermath of which is so easy to understand an Orangutan could get it.

At the minimum RIM should fix the PDF reading on their phones and the Playbook....
    ...This is something that should have never been allowed to remain broke for so long.
    ...Especially when they continue to hype their devices as serious business machines.
    zurch and niss63 like this.
    04-25-12 01:25 PM
    Amen! 9900 + iPad2 and I'm very happy
    04-25-12 01:28 PM
    Even with the BB10 release they aren't going to have a phone with a keyboard at launch, so you are easily looking into 2013 (and who knows when during 2013), so...
    zurch and niss63 like this.
    04-25-12 03:42 PM
    If they don't continue making a Bold a like in 2013 they will let many of us BB users down. So not a smart move.
    BerryOttawa and KoolKeyth5 like this.
    04-25-12 03:46 PM
    So now comes the hard part of the decision making. How do I tell my girlfriend that I would prefer that we communicate with BlackBerry Messenger, and what do I do about the new iPhone 4s that she wanted and that I bought her 2 weeks ago? I don't like texting via iMessage -- I don't like spell check on the iphone, and I don't like the keyboard either. Does she have to be given a total of 2 phones also (a Bold 9900 and an iPhone 4s) because I have 2 phones? I suppose I cannot insist that my girlfriend exchange the iPhone 4s for a Bold 9900 even though I am the one who paid for it? Is my only real choice to buy two (2) Bold 9900 and then we each carry an iPhone and a Bold?

I made my first wife return the money she gave to her parents, and that was the beginning of the end.

I made my second wife return an $800.00 dress, and that was the beginning of the end.
    04-25-12 04:11 PM
    So now comes the hard part of the decision making. How do I tell my girlfriend that I would prefer that we communicate with BlackBerry Messenger, and what do I do about the new iPhone 4s that she wanted and that I bought her 2 weeks ago? I don't like texting via iMessage -- I don't like spell check on the iphone, and I don't like the keyboard either. Does she have to be given a total of 2 phones also (a Bold 9900 and an iPhone 4s) because I have 2 phones? I suppose I cannot insist that my girlfriend exchange the iPhone 4s for a Bold 9900 even though I am the one who paid for it? Is my only real choice to buy two (2) Bold 9900 and then we each carry an iPhone and a Bold?
    I feel like the decision isn't that hard... why not just communicate via basic SMS? Unless you're somehow not on a plan with SMS... my girlfriend and I have different phones and that's usually not the source of our troubles...
    04-25-12 04:13 PM
    They'll probably have a qwerty model eventually, but for sure not at launch...

As for messaging, there's a ton of 3rd party chat clients that support both platforms... Hookt, gtalk, aim, yahoo, msn, Touch, etc, etc etc...
    04-25-12 04:15 PM
    I'm obsessive compulsive and I feel better seeing the "delivered" and "read" messages.

I kept saying before she decided on the iPhone 4s -- try out the Bold 9900 -- are you sure you want the iPhone 4s -- are you absolutely sure -- are you only thinking about the Bold 9900 because you think it is because I want you to choose that phone . . . .

I brought this on myself. Now I have to pay for four (4) telephones for just me and my girlfriend.
    Last edited by lawlist; 04-25-12 at 04:35 PM.
    04-25-12 04:16 PM
    I believe hookt has d/r
    04-25-12 04:19 PM
    Hmmm. I have never considered that there could be an alternative to BBM or iMessage for delivered / read confirmations. I will start investigating those options such as hookt. Thank you. However, that may not resolve the incompatibility of smiley faces and emoji icons -- my girlfriend really likes those, but iPhone and BlackBerry don't communicate well in that regard.
    Last edited by lawlist; 04-25-12 at 04:40 PM.
    04-25-12 04:37 PM
    It should be fine since they are using the same client on both platforms, the emoticon packs should be identical.
    04-25-12 04:46 PM
    I will download them today on the iPhone4 and my Bold 9700 and have a conversation with myself and see how it goes.

Self A: Hello.

Self B: Hello.

I once added myself as a contact in BlackBerry Messenger, and started a conversation and responded before I realized what was happening.
    04-25-12 04:48 PM
    9700 should definitely be on the left. Otherwise you're just looking for trouble.
    04-25-12 05:48 PM
    jrocke0w0: That would be major change in life-style for someone like myself who is obsessive and compulsive -- everything always needs to be in the exact same place.
    04-25-12 06:02 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD